PDA

View Full Version : Handling at EBCI (Brussels South)

kzinvogon
17th Jun 2018, 13:44
HI, I have been trying to get some response from Charleroi airport EBCI as to request for handling as the AIP states that all non EBCI based aircraft require handling. Have tried all sorts of email and phone calls but so far no response.

Does anyone have any experience of arriving on a GA flight to EBCI not being based there?

Thanks -

Cirrus Sr22 / DH

tescoapp
17th Jun 2018, 14:51
I would phone up one of the flying schools based there.

From memory of a charter there years ago the only FBO is Belgium handling or some such and if you try and communicate with them in English most of the time they will ignore you or fob you off.

Where are you trying to get to?

ST- Hurbet isn't that far away.

Jan Olieslagers
17th Jun 2018, 17:37
No experience, but EBCI doesn't seem an attractive destination to me. It is an active base for Ryanair and is busy developing other commercial pax traffic. There have been shortages of tower staff, leading to suspension of service for non-commercial traffic.

If you really want to use that aerodrome, best indeed to get in touch with the flying schools. But if you can, use an alternative: EBSH Saint Hubert (sic!*) is not so very near but is beautifully located in the Ardennes forests; nearer are EBSG Saint Ghislain, EBNM Namur, EBCF Cerfontaine. EBSG boasts a hard runway, though not very long, it also used to have a very good restaurant. Or, if you are into Brussels, perhaps consider EBGB Grimbergen, a very nice place though it has its limitations.

* I keep on wondering how strong the Brits are at misspelling nouns proper, especially outside their own domain.

tescoapp
17th Jun 2018, 17:50
thanks for spelling correction not very good with inside my own domain either. I have been there once and really liked it.

If it is Brussels you looking to get into I would look at French fields as well near the main railway line.

Sam Rutherford
19th Jun 2018, 10:46
We're based at EBCI, very friendly and easy. No mandatory handling (for little stuff, anyway).

Send me an email sam at prepare2go dot com if you want more specifics...