PDA

View Full Version : Sunderland Air Show Practice Flight - FANTASTIC

Piper Warrior Pilot
25th Jul 2002, 14:13
I managed to hitch a ride on a practice flight for the Sunderland Air Show last night by Newcastle Aero Club.

Two aircraft flew in formation from takeoff to touchdown. We flew over the bridges at newcastle and towards the harbour where we practiced some low level flying around the sea front where the air show will take place, before flying over Peterlee and back towards newcastle where we spent a short while searching for a British Airways 737. After the 737 flew over us the BA pilot said how he enjoyed our little formation and said he goodbyes to us, which was nice of him (i thought all BA pilots were stuck up - obviously not).

Witnessed the sunset over Newcatle and landed back at newcastle with the runway all lit up. It was my first time flying at night. It was brilliant.

Just thought id tell everybody

Grafter
25th Jul 2002, 18:38
Sunderland is a good airshow, been there a few times myself, normally out the back of a Islander though, carrying a flag and trailing smoke, courtesy of the Red Devils Freefall Team (http://www.reddevilsonline.com) :D :p :cool: