PDA

View Full Version : Wake up

Barry Beaver
25th Jul 2002, 13:55
With regards to the pay offer.

Why is Prospect willing to give up so much when the returns will be minimal.

For once they were given a resounding mandate to go away and negotiate a deal we would be happy with. Obviously as this was not possible at least they could be honest to the membership and recommend a no vote. To turn around and say the membership would not have the stomach for a fight is appalling considering the 1st vote.

If this deal goes through, we will be walked over constantly by Management in the years to come. Don't forget we are now dealing with proper negotiators who have proposed a very clever offer. Don't be fooled by it (like the BEC) VOTE NO!!

You know it makes sense. We must not sleepwalk into giving away things we have previously fought hard to keep.

Wake up and vote NO

bwatchbabe
25th Jul 2002, 14:13
barrybeaver
so you think the BEC are both dishonest and foolish!
May I suggest you get involved as a union rep and use your obviously well honed negotiating skills and massive intellect to gain us what you believe to be an appropriate pay rise.
As to 'waking up' as you put it I'm a bit fed up with the constant moaning amongst a proportion of ATCO's who, in my opinion, should either help to make the workplace a less miserable place to work or get out and get a job more suited to their morose personalities.

Barry Beaver
25th Jul 2002, 16:11
Dear bwatchbabe

Been there done that. Next?

bwatchbabe
25th Jul 2002, 16:20
barry beaver
been where? done what? I'm new to all this but your reply was a little too cryptic for my little old brain.