PDA

View Full Version : Looking for more traffic

achtung
25th Jul 2002, 12:11
I know this is really sad given the current climate, but does anyone know if London has a conversion course?.... or is it still via ab-initio? And is Canada still taking on chaps from other units??

Numpo-Nigit
25th Jul 2002, 16:11
If you REALLY want to work at London ACC, then you should certainly give it a try. You will certainly realise that we are extremely short of staff, and so management may well be interested in you if you have the relevant qualifications and experience. However, it's only fair to warn you, if you haven't realised already, that ours is not a happy place to work right now. Nevertheless, if you're undetered, send a letter to the General Manager at Swanwick or West Drayton (I'm sure someone will read it to him) and see what happens.

Don't forget though, before you leave Belgium, that our beer is lousy, we can't make decent chocolate, and our canteen does not serve mayonnaise on our fries. You have been warned!!

Good luck!!!

ex-EGLL
25th Jul 2002, 16:20
As far as I know, Canada is still recruiting, but the situation is just as bad here as the UK. Today was day 1 of job action in support of getting a contract (last one expired 15 months ago).

ex-EGLL:(

AREA52
26th Jul 2002, 10:58
I believe Ruth Webb is the person at Kemble street who is responsible for recruitment. One would therefore assume that her E mail address is [email protected];)

Bev Bevan
26th Jul 2002, 19:50
No.. it's Ruth Wallace. Ruth Webb is elsewhere within NATS.

You can apply online - http://www.nats.co.uk/recruitment/index.html

have a look round www.nats.co.uk.

fourthreethree
27th Jul 2002, 15:41
achtung
Actually I tried a few months ago to find out the very same info, for the uk at least, but when I spoke to the aforementioned Ruth Wallace she was not exactly helpful, I was told that as far as she was concerned it mattered not if I was an experienced atco, I would have to start as ab initio anyway, on a salary of about 35% of what I (and presumably you) get at the moment.
Let me know if you hear any different.

fourthreethree
28th Jul 2002, 12:37
air vent
you're spot on there, I was amazed by the reaction I got, hardly a good advert for NATS. Thanks for the info given, I am planning a trip back to Blighty in the next few months, so I may well use the number to try and arrange a visit.:)

BTW, Numpo Nigit, don't be fooled by the apparent excellence of the Belgian beer/chocolate scenario. I've been here 9 years and the first thing I need whenever I go home is a decent pint of draft bitter. You can't beat it. And besides, most pubs serve a variety of Belgian bottles anyway. The most popular beer here is Stella for Gods sake! And as for chocolate, can't do any better than Thorntons.
;) ;)