PDA

View Full Version : PPL and medical

Beurberry
4th Jun 2018, 11:50
Hello!

If i'm going to do my PPL in Poland or Hungary with a UK class 1, the PPL will be issue from UK or Poland, Hungary please?

BoeingBoy
5th Jun 2018, 07:23
You can apply locally with your UK class 1. It's EASA land so we all love each other....... ;)

alex90
5th Jun 2018, 12:34
You can apply locally with your UK class 1. It's EASA land so we all love each other....... ;)
Unless you have a German one... I hear that they don't let other member states access the information due to "data protection"

Jim59
5th Jun 2018, 15:50
I think that all licences and the medical must be issued by the same state.

fcl.015
(d) An application for the issue of a licence for another category of aircraft, or for the issue of further ratings or certificates, as well as an amendment, revalidation or renewal of those licences, ratings or certificates shall be submitted to the competent authority which initially issued the pilot licence, except when the pilot has requested a change of competent authority and a transfer of his licensing and medical records to that authority.

MED A 030
(h) A licence holder shall not at any time hold more than one medical certificate issued in accordance with this Part.

1 The CAA will only accept applications from pilots whose medical records are held
in the UK. European regulations specify that the National Aviation Authority that
holds an individual pilot’s medical records is the “Competent Authority” for that pilot,
and consequently will be the NAA (and the only NAA) that may issue, revalidate or
renew Part-FCL licence(s) for that individual and administer those licences, ratings and
certificates. This means that the CAA cannot accept applications from pilots whose
medical records are held outside the UK. Pilots whose medical records are held in
another country must apply to the authority of that country for all of their licences,
ratings and certificates – even if they completed all of their training in the UK.