PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to E.P.T.A. SEP02

RED WINGS
25th Jul 2002, 06:15
Hi just wondering if any of you guys are starting on the 2nd sep course at E.P.T.A eghh

Also interested to find out what anyone knows about them:confused:

Cheshire cat EGHH
25th Jul 2002, 07:28
Hiya.

Dont know a lot about EPTA, but i would suggest if you are coming down to EGHH, pop in to the flying club, they are doing really well at the mo with first time passes. Plus they have some A1 instructors.

Beckxy.

distaff_beancounter
25th Jul 2002, 09:14
RED WINGS... European Pilot Training Academy Ltd (EPTA) is a wholly owned subsidiary of The Cabair Group Ltd.

spitfire747
25th Jul 2002, 11:21
Choose WISELY !!! and DO read between the lines :D :D :p :rolleyes: :( :mad: :mad: :mad:

Flying Farmer
25th Jul 2002, 17:44
Lots of choices out there.
Please choose carefully !!!!!
Whatever you do, DO NOT repeat DO NOT pay up front and pay by credit card.

All the best

Flying F

spitfire747
25th Jul 2002, 19:14
Hey Flying Farmer

From PERSONAL experience, I HAVE to agree with you there....:)

Robthestudent
25th Jul 2002, 19:28
RED WINGS

EPTA whilst wholly owned by CABAIR are managed by the same dynamic team that failed SFT. My understanding (and I have to admit that this is old news) is that the test flights ie GFT and IRT are conducted at CABAIR's college up in Cranfield. I have done a lot of research into all the organisations at EGHH and am currently doing the paperwork but have elected to fly with PAT.
BFC have an excellent new groundschool set up with very experienced people running it ( as far as i know the only approved groundschool at EGHH). From talking to people, EPTA are undercutting everyone in price. but at the end of the day you get what you pay for, or maybe not as some of SFT's students will testify !!!!

biped
25th Jul 2002, 20:33
RED WINGS

Be very very careful!

If I'd have been more careful in my dealings with certain people at EGHH I'd be a lot richer (or less poor) now.

Also, like FF says, don't pay up front if you can avoid it. There are places at EGHH who don't make you pay up front.

Good luck!

RED WINGS
26th Jul 2002, 06:57
Thanks for the responses I was also dubious with the SFT connection. However on talking to CABAIR cranfield, they advised me that EPTA is part of CABAIR and in the unlikelly event that i am not able to continue at eghh i will be transfered to cranfield.

EPTA has CAA approval and is quality managed by CABAIR

All flight tests are taken at EGHH not Cranfield

Yes I am paying at the end of each module with the credit card for insurance. Plus loss of training insurance with Traffords BELT AND BRACES
I appreciate the advice but after the amount of time its taken me to make the money for the course im not even letting the tax man take any money away.

Yes have had a look in at the flying club if its the one next to Meridian had brekkie in the clubhouse whilst on a delivery flight the other week.

p.s the guys at Meridian said they trained with SFT and said if the same instructors are working you couldnt ask for a better group

If anyone is at eghh and wouldnt mind having a poke about let me know any info I would appreciate it.

Likewise if anyone has any experiance of EPTA I would be interested to hear

Once again thanks everyone its nice to know wanabees watch each others backs

cheers guys

spitfire747
26th Jul 2002, 11:47
I will tell you something for nothing.

If EPTA keep sending burned SFT students letters offering them a discount on training - FOR AN UPFRONT DEPOSIT PAYMENT OF £500 - they will give themself and Cabair a bad name.

EPTA please refer to a more ethical way to gain business !!
Please :confused:

RED WINGS
26th Jul 2002, 12:21
Spitfire 747 just curious were you one of the unfotunates to go down with SFT?

I must admit I am a little concerned with the sft connection however nearly all schools require 500quid or 10% course fee.

Other than the sft connection do you have a particular gripe with the school that you know about? As I am likely to start in sep obviously I would be greatful of any feedback!

And at the end of the day look how many times cabairs gone bust over the years no fto is 100% financialy secure, hence loss of training insurance is a must in my eyes. the training insurance was advised to me by a friend who lost a lot of money with sft and he reackons its an excellent deal but just make sure every angle is protected

Robthestudent
26th Jul 2002, 19:11
REDWINGS

Thank you for the update on the test situation at EPTA I think whatever anyone thinks about the new organisation fact is better than fiction. However with reference to the instructor situation, a former student of sft who ended completing their training at BFC states that the more senior and experienced instructors from sft are now plying their trade at BFC,PAT and ETA (not to be confused with EPTA) and at Carill in southampton. Having said that he also went on to say that the new CFI at EPTA is an excellent instructor and an asset to any fto.

SPITFIRE

With reference to EPTA continuing mailshots obviously using the old SFT student database, whilst quite upseting to a lot of people who lost money i think might warrant investigation as it should quite clearly be the property of the administrators of sft. Obviously the legal wrangle that sft ended up with against ppsc (ref copyright) material indicates that no lessons were learnt by the management team of EPTA formerly SFT.

:cool: :cool:

notice
28th Jul 2002, 00:57
EPTA = European Pilot Training Academy does sound better than Ex Proprietor Tries Again but they seem to have a cred. problem.

The Data Protection Registrar might take a dim view, unless or maybe you agreed to receive information on related or suitable stuff, from other cos. Although EPTA management and marketing might be provocative, esp. to SFT victims, the purchase and use of databases is common and not necessarily illegal.

Although some claim Cabair connections and ownership, has the real Cabair provided any written guarantee, re. EPTA debts or liabilities to customers, in the event of another crash in the Bournemouth area?

Just mention that in the context of ITV Digital/Carlton case, in which the soccer clubs are being mocked for believing they had parent co. guarantees.

Would any of you guarantee EPTA?

RED WINGS
28th Jul 2002, 06:38
Notice : Thanks, although I have alredy discussed the matter at great length with cabair cranfield as you quite rightly say nothing states that on paper

looks like the phone is going to be running hot monday

Gassbag
28th Jul 2002, 08:04
I don't think that there is a Data Protection issue with the mailing list. All Creditors of SFT are entitled to a list of other creditors. So for example if SFT purchasd a computer from PC world on credit PC world could write to you asking if you want to buy their wares!
But, yes some people could be offended by the mail shot, it rattled me a bit, but how do I know that the Bank application that came last month wasn't from the same source?
Chill.:)

RED WINGS
31st Jul 2002, 08:10
Thanks guys but the discussion valid as it may be on liquidation law has nothing to do with the thread

I would be greatful if anyone out in the wide world has any info about EPTA or has studied at EPTA

spitfire747
31st Jul 2002, 14:26
Would I trust EPTA ??To be honest I would neve trust any company with my money again, i could not afford the risk of losing anymore but I cannot complain though, if it is a cold winter, i have a big supply of EPTA mailshots to burn !! :D :

RED WINGS
31st Jul 2002, 16:50
THATS THE SECRET SPIT NEVER TRUST ANYONE PARTICULARLY WITH YOUR CASH

Send Clowns
31st Jul 2002, 21:35
Red Wings

I am afraid that EPTA specifically (as opposed to Cabair generally) is such a small, new organisation that it is unlikely anyone here knows anything about it unless they have an interest one way or the other. I for example know something, because I work for a competitor, but this of course means I could not be objective. Anything negative I said could be construed as commercially-minded and would be against the spirit of PPRuNe, so anything positive I said would be of no value without balance (like all organisation, EPTA has positive and negative points). I also know almost nothing about the groundschool, as they have not yet started.

I know EPTA monitor PPRuNe, but don't think any of them post, so you will not get anything directly from them.

On the other hand Bournemouth is genuinely a great place for flying training, so it can't all be bad :D Weather is good, full facilities and a CAAFEU, international jets but not too many.

Best of luck, and pop in for a coffee any time you like!

Robthestudent
1st Aug 2002, 22:58
Redwings,

It would appear from the lack of response you might be going solo on the sept epta course, however the positive side is that you will be flying from one the best training sites in the uk with some of the friendliest atc types. I am surprised Send Clowns did not mention BFC forth coming Open day,hopefully his cfi will have attended a customer first course before the event.

luckyboy
2nd Aug 2002, 17:43
I am currently training at EPTA. I have to say that the aircraft are cabair aircraft and are in very good condition. The instructors are excellant.

The all facilities are brand new. Due to small numbers at the moment the instructors can fit a flying scedule around YOU (Very rarely found in commercial flying schools).

It is Cabair owned and run very proffesionally in a cabair manner and the school has a very freindly atmosphere.

I can not speak for the groundschool or IR but when the groundschool commences, I have heard it will be instructors from Cranfield and from experience ( first time passes) they are excellant.