PDA

View Full Version : Why do I need to be accused of being a robot before I can access pprune?

SFI145
3rd Jun 2018, 03:34
I have been on the forum for 16 years and suddenly in the last week, I need to identify road signs and bridges etc in order to access the site. Why is this?

TurningFinalRWY36
3rd Jun 2018, 04:02
Companies will be using that data to train artificial intelligence. By identifying road signs/bridges etc you are helping automated vehicles get better at driving and understanding the environment. Expect it to be more common in the future

goeasy
3rd Jun 2018, 04:53
Gee TFR that sounds cynical.... an wrong I hope! But no bets.

i think more likely th at they have been victim to denial-of-service attack, where hackers set many computers to try logging on and crash the server, denying the rest of us access. Then try blackmailing the owners to stop process. Too common these days.

Bull at a Gate
3rd Jun 2018, 07:04
All answered in Jet Blast. Due to “extreme spam” being blocked by 3rd party security system. Should be back to normal soon.

There is lots of information to be found in Jet Blast, and some of it is even true!

Heathrow Harry
3rd Jun 2018, 09:23
" There is lots of information to be found in Jet Blast, and some of it is even true! ""

Now THAT is False News for sure.....................:}