PDA

View Full Version : Blue Air Guaranteed job program

thepilott
31st May 2018, 19:05
Hello’

I am wondering if there’s anybody here know’s anything about a guaranteed job program from ATPL Center in US with blue air airline in romania. It sounds to good so if anyone knows if this is real or not please inform us. ATPL center is the official recruiter for Blue Air and the announced this program as follow:

Blue Air and ATPLCentwr join Wayman Aviation Academy in offering a world classEASA Job Guaranteed solution for pilots interested in flying thorugh Europe. The program is 100% job guaranteed, students start flying in Europe within 14 to 18 months.

Earn your Private Pilot (PPL), Instrument Rating (IR), and time building to 200 hours with Wayman in South Florida. After PPL cadets begin online EASA theory studies to master the 14 subject tests. Commercial Single and Multi-engine add-ons are earned in Romania. Then students recieved line and type ratings to begin flying Blue Air's fleet of 737 aircraft throughout Europe.

The program provides USA and European pilot licenses. (FAA PPL and IR & EASA ATPL Frozen).

Open to Citizens from any country.
Work Permit for Europe is provided.
Upon completion of the program, you will be enrolled by Blue Air- Romania with the net salary of $3,000/mo
Start earning net salary of $1,000/mo during the Line Training even before enrollment.
Cadets will be enrolled for 1 year minimum. The contract may be extended each year.
Cadets will be stationed at one of the Blue Air hubs scattered throughout the European Union.
Upon fulfilling 5-year of service with Blue Air in the same country, you will be eligible for European citizenship.
US citizens are tax free of their salaries in Europe due to US Tax regulations (ask for details).
80hrs flight per month is guaranteed by Blue Air. Extra payment for over-hours.
Availability to make 1500hrs in 1-2 years, together with training hours results in ICAO ATPL.

flapsupboy
1st Jun 2018, 14:41
Looks like an interesting offer.But I think you will have to pay for the line training and type rating.If not exactly a good choice as they provide a work permit as well.:)

thepilott
1st Jun 2018, 15:09
Looks like an interesting offer.But I think you will have to pay for the line training and type rating.If not exactly a good choice as they provide a work permit as well.:)

If the program as they wrote, it will be very good even if i will pay for the type rating. My question is if anyone applied or know the truth about the story as i haven't seen any airline in Europe gives a work permit for non-EU citizens!

PapaTangoCharlie
4th Jun 2018, 13:55
Hello Guys,

I just had a proposition from Blue Air to take their selection process. If I pass It, they propose me the following program :

Pay 26.000 € for type rating on B737CL + Base training + 200 hrs.
After that, I take a line check and get a proposition to work for blueair.

About the conditions, they says that during the 200hrs after base training, I will receive a minimum wage, do someone knows how many it is ? Have you got an idea about the rosters ?

Do anybody has follow this program and has any feedback ?
More globally, what do you think about BlueAir ?

Thank you for sharing !

PapaTangoCharlie
5th Jun 2018, 18:55
Stay away from this! It doesn't sound like a great deal and after the 200h you might have no job!
You are certainly right, it looks like to be a pay to fly program. Anyway, I'll try the selection process, at least it will give me some experience.
Thanks for reply :-)

PPRuNe Towers
5th Jun 2018, 20:37
Smells to high heaven: a US Company where you could get a work permit and a Romanian airline where you couldn't get a work permit unless EU Passport holder.

Approved the original post expecting some truth to be given to a naive hopeful.

Rob

thepilott
5th Jun 2018, 20:53
Smells to high heaven: a US Company where you could get a work permit and a Romanian airline where you couldn't get a work permit unless EU Passport holder.

Approved the original post expecting some truth to be given to a naive hopeful.

Rob

Blue Air is a Romanian Airline, ATPL center is just a recruiter for them, the program is that you well get the PPl and IR and flight hours in US which will need only student visa. Then you will work in Romania which will need a work permit.Meanwhile, if you opened blue air website you will find then hiring first officers with EU citizenship. It doesn’t seem to be logically true, if you could hire a fresh pilots with no experience to work there. Then, why not hiring exapt experienced pilots as well. Honestly, i have never seen any airline in EU hire a NON-EU citizens, for that reason i am asking if this true or not.

MorningPilot
11th Jun 2018, 07:00
It sounds to good so if anyone knows if this is real or not please inform us.

I don't see what sounds good about it. It's an obvious scam in the pay-to-fly genre, which takes many different forms.

The fact that they frame EU citizenship as part of the programme features is completely misplaced and highly questionable. I don't see any honest business putting this argument forward, they're clearly aiming to foul people who are uninformed and can be taken advantage of.

Minimum salary in Romania is of 400 Euro. While this may cover your living costs in this country you will never be able to pay your way out of this trap unless you have a lot of savings already.

thepilott
21st Jun 2018, 19:17
You are certainly right, it looks like to be a pay to fly program. Anyway, I'll try the selection process, at least it will give me some experience.
Thanks for reply :-)

Did you went there?
what is your feedback about the program?

PapaTangoCharlie
22nd Jun 2018, 10:33
Did you went there?
what is your feedback about the program?

Hi !
Unfortunately no. I did a online assessment with very common psychometric tests. Since that day (few weeks), I have no feedback : I don't know if I passed it or not.
I'll let you know as soon as I have some news.

BR

easymxp
22nd Jun 2018, 13:12
Best to stay away from this traps. Those kind of traps make aviation less attractive to people willing to become a pilot

Krajchek
29th Jun 2018, 02:50
Blue Air is a Romanian Airline, ATPL center is just a recruiter for them, the program is that you well get the PPl and IR and flight hours in US which will need only student visa. Then you will work in Romania which will need a work permit.Meanwhile, if you opened blue air website you will find then hiring first officers with EU citizenship. It doesn’t seem to be logically true, if you could hire a fresh pilots with no experience to work there. Then, why not hiring exapt experienced pilots as well. Honestly, i have never seen any airline in EU hire a NON-EU citizens, for that reason i am asking if this true or not.

Hi There, Check out their careers page. They mention 2 schools that are recruiting for them. I would suggest using those schools. If the one you came across with is the same as the ones they post partnership with, then it is legit. If they ONLY want you to pay the type rating, then it is a fair offer for Europe. Unfortunately most airlines in the EU want the applicant to pay the type rating which they deduct from the salary. Pilot minimum wage must be different than a normal minimum wage. And once you get paid 3,000 USD, it is again normal deal for the EU and specially Romania. Life is quite cheap there. Plus I think it is a nice place to live...

thepilott
29th Jun 2018, 05:32
Hi There, Check out their careers page. They mention 2 schools that are recruiting for them. I would suggest using those schools. If the one you came across with is the same as the ones they post partnership with, then it is legit. If they ONLY want you to pay the type rating, then it is a fair offer for Europe. Unfortunately most airlines in the EU want the applicant to pay the type rating which they deduct from the salary. Pilot minimum wage must be different than a normal minimum wage. And once you get paid 3,000 USD, it is again normal deal for the EU and specially Romania. Life is quite cheap there. Plus I think it is a nice place to live...

That what i thought. My only question is that i have never seen any airline in EU take non-eu citzens, they told me that Rominia is one of the easiest countries to issue a work permit if you have a job contract, is that true?

stivda
21st Jul 2018, 15:54
Hi there,

I work for BlueAir and there is no such program as far as I know. It would be a stupid thing to do since BlueAir has its own ATO and our hands are full with the requests that we are receiving from our "clients".

Regarding our offer for the training yes we do quite a lot of type-rating and normally if you come and do the rating with us, after 200hours almost everybody receives a job as a FO. Depending on the needs you can end up on any of our operating bases except Bucuresti, which is always full. There is a waiting list to come to Bucuresti so this is why is very difficult to say which base you will get.

Regarding flight schedule, during summer you can fly anywhere between 80 to 100 hours a month while in the winter is between 60-80.
As a first step in your career is maybe one of your best choices.

Regards.

Alexes
28th Jul 2018, 19:44
Hi There,
Can someone help? I have just done an online assessment with Blue air for a First Officer position and have ben invited for second assessment at Bucharest. can somebody tell me what to expect in the SIM? what kind of questions should I expect?

France737
29th Jul 2018, 13:39
I did the assessment few months ago ... the assessment is composed by 4 steps all in one day ( not really good , because you will have to run a lot ) but at least is free .
the administration does not exist ... they are really really bad organized , they try to change your assessment after the confirmation , even after you bought everything for the day
on that day you will have basic atpl questions ( not so easy)
then the hr will start to speak about HER life and career for 40 min ( that nobody cares )
so you will start to gather delays over delays
then you do group exercises ...
the funniest/ridiculous part of this company/assessment is the simulator part , you will enter the sim after 3 min briefing without knowing the parameters of the plane
since they ain't provided you any briefing file , 3 guys behind you will speak Romanian all the time , and you will use a lot of autopilot ( crazy but true )
basic exercise on sim and a lot of a/p , the guys are quite unclear when they speak and you can easily misunderstand something .
finished this you have the interview ... typical / basic questions
after 2 weeks they will finally reply you ... even if they said that the feedback would have been faster .
quite bad company

Fly.b737
29th Jul 2018, 21:43
A little while back a friend went to the assessment of Blue Air, but he has over 2000 hours on the B737, so I dont know if it is the same.
But he did a take off raw data followed by a circuit.
Take off with FD and then N-1 after take off
Circle back or reposition to intercept ILS N-1 followed by go around, then after go around n-1 circuit. and landing

it all was on a classic, hope it helps

Raph737
30th Jul 2018, 10:00
Serious doubts over the legality of this on the immigration aspect, but then it's Romania and following laws isn't a strong trait over there (with all due respect, its the reality). With thousands of CPL holders in Europe, I doubt that under normal circumstances a European work permit would be issued. If I'm correct, EU countries will issue those when the local market is dry and workforce isn't available. Pilot Unions wouldn't be happy with an Airline giving jobs at low pay rates to foreign pilots who didn't even had the right to live and work within the EU. Brussels would be inundated with complains and Blue Air could be in serious trouble.My two cents, something doesn't sound legit about this, just saying.....

BigTom
1st Aug 2018, 08:12
Hi,

What is the salary for F/O, during Line training and, how it changes after that? If I know, 200 hours of line training.

Thanks,

Fly.b737
2nd Aug 2018, 08:47
I believe salary is around €2000 net after tax, but depends on base.

Dufo
2nd Aug 2018, 14:03
Well in Fleet air Hungary you will find majority of pilots are Ukranian nationals flying in validations and work permits. Been there, escaped after a week.
A lot is possible in various combinations of companies and countries.
Cannot imagine this happening in any of the US outfits.

Krajchek
24th Aug 2018, 07:50
That what i thought. My only question is that i have never seen any airline in EU take non-eu citzens, they told me that Rominia is one of the easiest countries to issue a work permit if you have a job contract, is that true?

Hi There. Sorry for late reply. IT is very interesting that based on previous commenter who works there stating there is no such program. However it is advertised on blue air website that the channel is via pilotacademy US. On pilotacademy website shows that any nationals welcomed. I am sure if an airline want to sponsor work visas, they could.
But for this program one must pay the conversion training. I guess this is the business for them in it.

Yawad
25th Mar 2019, 15:50
Hello, How are you?
I will ask you a lot of question and any one who know any information you are more than welcome to answer ( feel free :D ).

I would like to know did you get to anything with that line training with job offer?, Is it true that they will provide you work permit for non-EU citizens ?
Is the job 100% Guaranteed job ?

How much the program cost? especially if I already have FAA Commercial MultiEngine License with a CFI license too

Thanks in advance for all of you

waiting for your replies. :D

mohammdashraf
12th Jul 2019, 00:43
Hi,

I still see this program running is there anybody here who applied and in the training or finished it now?.

Please if anyone knows any information about this program provide us with it.

mohammdashraf
18th Jul 2019, 22:54
Hello’

I am wondering if there’s anybody here know’s anything about a guaranteed job program from ATPL Center in US with blue air airline in romania. It sounds to good so if anyone knows if this is real or not please inform us. ATPL center is the official recruiter for Blue Air and the announced this program as follow:

Blue Air and ATPLCentwr join Wayman Aviation Academy in offering a world classEASA Job Guaranteed solution for pilots interested in flying thorugh Europe. The program is 100% job guaranteed, students start flying in Europe within 14 to 18 months.

Earn your Private Pilot (PPL), Instrument Rating (IR), and time building to 200 hours with Wayman in South Florida. After PPL cadets begin online EASA theory studies to master the 14 subject tests. Commercial Single and Multi-engine add-ons are earned in Romania. Then students recieved line and type ratings to begin flying Blue Air's fleet of 737 aircraft throughout Europe.

The program provides USA and European pilot licenses. (FAA PPL and IR & EASA ATPL Frozen).

Open to Citizens from any country.
Work Permit for Europe is provided.
Upon completion of the program, you will be enrolled by Blue Air- Romania with the net salary of $3,000/mo
Start earning net salary of $1,000/mo during the Line Training even before enrollment.
Cadets will be enrolled for 1 year minimum. The contract may be extended each year.
Cadets will be stationed at one of the Blue Air hubs scattered throughout the European Union.
Upon fulfilling 5-year of service with Blue Air in the same country, you will be eligible for European citizenship.
US citizens are tax free of their salaries in Europe due to US Tax regulations (ask for details).
80hrs flight per month is guaranteed by Blue Air. Extra payment for over-hours.
Availability to make 1500hrs in 1-2 years, together with training hours results in ICAO ATPL.

Please guys if anyone knows anything about this program tell me as I am about to join it , I will make my Investigation but any personal experience would be appreciated, I don’t wanna lose all what I have for nothing in the end, Please tell me any information if it’s true or not. Thanks in advance

Vaero
20th Aug 2019, 15:49
Going to revive this. I passed the online assessment and I've been invited to an "assessment" in September, apparently there was also one on the 6th of August. If anyone can provide any information as to what happened after that; I'd really appreciate it. I've asked the person I'm in contact with about price and the program but not getting any kind of reply. It really worries me. Either way, going to Bucharest is quite cheap for me so I don't mind that but next month is going to be busy for me so I'd like to know if it's some pay to fly program or actually something legit from some that actually went.

One thing is reassuring at least, is that the person I'm in contact with actually works for Blue Air and is sending me emails from the official Blue Air server, so I got that going, I guess.

paul_v1
21st Aug 2019, 13:50
Going to revive this. I passed the online assessment and I've been invited to an "assessment" in September, apparently there was also one on the 6th of August. If anyone can provide any information as to what happened after that; I'd really appreciate it. I've asked the person I'm in contact with about price and the program but not getting any kind of reply. It really worries me. Either way, going to Bucharest is quite cheap for me so I don't mind that but next month is going to be busy for me so I'd like to know if it's some pay to fly program or actually something legit from some that actually went.

One thing is reassuring at least, is that the person I'm in contact with actually works for Blue Air and is sending me emails from the official Blue Air server, so I got that going, I guess.

Kinda confusing how you dont know the pricing since you are in a contact with someone from the inside. I asked them directly and they told me 26k for 737 Classic and 31k for NG, no job guarantee however.

Vaero
21st Aug 2019, 16:23
Kinda confusing how you dont know the pricing since you are in a contact with someone from the inside. I asked them directly and they told me 26k for 737 Classic and 31k for NG, no job guarantee however.

Yeh, I asked them and they didnt reply to me, or rather avoiding that question.

The application is for a First Officer though? Foes that mean they only offer a type rating and hours; aka Pay to fly program? Without even a contract? Damn.

When did you ask them this?

odi123
3rd Mar 2020, 10:45
Hi all,

I just got invitation for the interview can someone give some info about the from recent interview day how does it looks like?

cheers

WhatShortage
5th Mar 2020, 16:41
Hi all,

I just got invitation for the interview can someone give some info about the from recent interview day how does it looks like?

cheers
Are you really wiling to pay 31K for a type rating, 200 hours and being kicked out? Sick man, sick.

Flyingsnowman
6th Mar 2020, 10:29
Well. I also got invited for interview after successfully passing online assessment. I am really sceptic about it though.
Is there anybody who can confirm that they will not guarantee you the job after passing type rating? Paying 31 000 Euros and then stay unemployed with 200 hrs on type is not my dream. Especially if I am already swimming in waiting pool for another serious company.
I am really frustrated about the current conditions in aviation. Airlines behave like if we (the pilots) are not the driving wheel of the whole industry. Pay to fly programs are pretty common nowadays but PAY TO NOT FLY can be considered as SCAM in my opinion. We should man up, group and stop this kind of behaviour and reject these king of "opportunities" together.
Even all comments mentioned above I got still a bit hope about seriousness of this company. Therefore I am asking again in 2020 if anybody got any information which could be useful for us, invited for the assessment.
Thank you guys.

Kaillou
6th Mar 2020, 13:11
I also got invited. At first i wanted to go just for assessment / sim training for potential future assessments but i don't even know if i'm going to spend the money for that. I know for a fact that i will never pay 31K for a type rating with no guaranted job in the end so meh ... why bother ... considering the economic climate at the moment, i don't even know if the company would last during the whole 200 hours ...

PilotRoger
6th Mar 2020, 19:49
P2F again? Don't do it, you will pretty much close your doors for the future.

wiggy
6th Mar 2020, 20:34
Airlines behave like if we (the pilots) are not the driving wheel of the whole industry.

Guess what, like it or not”..we are not..

Pay to fly programs are pretty common nowadays but PAY TO NOT FLY can be considered as SCAM in my opinion. We should man up, group and stop this kind of behaviour and reject these king of "opportunities" together.

Good luck with organising that,.in my experience most pilots would rather eat their first born rathe than get involved in a collective “manning up”.

WhatShortage
6th Mar 2020, 21:49
Well. I also got invited for interview after successfully passing online assessment. I am really sceptic about it though.
Is there anybody who can confirm that they will not guarantee you the job after passing type rating? Paying 31 000 Euros and then stay unemployed with 200 hrs on type is not my dream. Especially if I am already swimming in waiting pool for another serious company.
I am really frustrated about the current conditions in aviation. Airlines behave like if we (the pilots) are not the driving wheel of the whole industry. Pay to fly programs are pretty common nowadays but PAY TO NOT FLY can be considered as SCAM in my opinion. We should man up, group and stop this kind of behaviour and reject these king of "opportunities" together.
Even all comments mentioned above I got still a bit hope about seriousness of this company. Therefore I am asking again in 2020 if anybody got any information which could be useful for us, invited for the assessment.
Thank you guys.

They forced unpaid leave to some pilots so, do you think you're on top of them? Just think about it.

Flyingsnowman
7th Mar 2020, 05:50
They forced unpaid leave to some pilots so, do you think you're on top of them? Just think about it.
I did not know about it. That is everything i needed to hear.