PDA

View Full Version : Pax died after falling from aircraft at DLM

fantom
30th May 2018, 11:44
Huffington reports that a British man has died after falling from the aircraft. There was, evidently, an argument with the cabin crew. He had been at DLM for three days after losing his return ticket. Carrier not mentioned.

gearlever
30th May 2018, 11:55
Huffington reports that a British man has died after falling from the aircraft. There was, evidently, an argument with the cabin crew. He had been at DLM for three days after losing his return ticket. Carrier not mentioned.

According BBC it's JET2.

SMT Member
30th May 2018, 12:12
And, according to news who are actually in place, he was removed from the aircraft and brought to the terminal, from where he took a dive off a 2nd story window.

Remember, kids, reporters don't have a clue what they're reporting on, whether it's something mundane or complicated. For reference, every single article printed following an aviation incident - this is merely the latest in an almost endless procession. Do. Not. Trust. The. Media. When. They. Break. News.

gearlever
30th May 2018, 12:17
The Telegraph at its best:

30-year-old British man died after falling from a plane on to a runway at Dalaman airport

vctenderness
30th May 2018, 13:12
The thing I find confusing about this is the reference to losing his ticket. We don’t have tickets as such any more it’s all e tickets.

You turn up at the desk hand over your passport and they print a boarding card.

even if he needed the booking reference the airline can find that by name only.

Out Of Trim
30th May 2018, 13:25
The thing I find confusing about this is the reference to losing his ticket. We don’t have tickets as such any more it’s all e tickets.

You turn up at the desk hand over your passport and they print a boarding card.

even if he needed the booking reference the airline can find that by name only.

I read that he had missed his original return flight and was trying to get any available seat on a flight home.

ericlday
30th May 2018, 15:08
From BBC....
British national dies 'in fall' at Dalaman airport in Turkey - BBC News (http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-44297421)

infrequentflyer789
30th May 2018, 15:42
I read that he had missed his original return flight and was trying to get any available seat on a flight home.

As did I, that is not the really confusing bit though. Whether he had "lost" his ticket, never had one, and/or missed his flight three days previous, how the **** did he get onto the plane in the first place (without ticket and boarding pass) in order to have to be removed from it? Leaving aside the mental state of a passenger who walks onto a (scheduled commercial) aircraft in this day and age apparently without a ticket or boarding card, you are not supposed to be able to do that. Surely this is a massive airport security failure, or is it SOP in Turkey to just let anyone walk through the airport and onto an aircraft on the basis that cabin crew will sort out who is supposed to be there and who isn't. :ugh:

Chesty Morgan
30th May 2018, 16:57
I think it was the Guardian which quoted another passenger stating that he did in fact have a boarding card.

givemewings
30th May 2018, 17:20
Double seat allocation of a standby pax possibly? If he was trying to get any availanle seat, bosrded, only to find no seat... can see how that might create a heated situation

Intrance
30th May 2018, 20:24
As read in other places so basically “hearsay”... the flight he was removed from was the one that was the “first with available seats”. So no security issues here, the guy was supposed to travel home finally, then got into some sort of altercation with cabin crew and was removed.