PDA

View Full Version : French atc strike 26/27 may

Jeep
25th May 2018, 13:27
Flying 0600 gatwick to split, how does it work when the frogs strike? Early flights get delayed and later cancelled or some other magic formula? What’s the process, I’m trying to work out my likelihood of being frogged tomorrow.

Cheers for any insightful help.

The Many Tentacles
25th May 2018, 14:47
Oh good another one :suspect:

Should make Sunday fun at work

Packer27L
25th May 2018, 17:12
Should make Sunday fun at work
Now we are going through this ridiculous Brexit nonsense will we be able to get back at the French in some way, for putting unnecessary strain on our airport infrastructure come June 19?

zonoma
25th May 2018, 17:51
I'd expect you to fly over Dover into Maastricht airspace via Koksy, there will be some possible delay if everyone tries the same thing but at that time of the morning wouldn't expect it to be much.

The French have said they are going to strike every weekend so expect this as the norm for now.......

CPDLC_EDYY
25th May 2018, 18:46
I'd expect you to fly over Dover into Maastricht airspace via Koksy, there will be some possible delay if everyone tries the same thing but at that time of the morning wouldn't expect it to be much.

The French have said they are going to strike every weekend so expect this as the norm for now.......

@Jeep; you are than welcome to try this possibility on the 26th. Rather not on the 27th, have to work that shift ;-)
....unless you are CPDLC, then feel free ;-)

Jeep
25th May 2018, 20:26
Im already in split, my sailing crew are flying out tomorrow
at 6, just hope that easyjet know all the tricks and get them here - thanks for the knowledge :)

zonoma
25th May 2018, 21:27
I think nearly all the European airlines know every trick when the French go out on strike, it is almost "second normal" these days.

EDYY - that's assuming you get initial contact and that CPDLC doesn't fail when S15 use it, but the system doesn't tell us.......

zonoma
26th May 2018, 08:07
The rumour was that Marseille ACC were going to strike every weekend, and looking at the info they have announced a strike today from 0430UTC this morning until Monday 28th at 0430UTC, so 48 hour walkouts. They are still providing a service, just not enough staff to meet demand so are having to regulate portions of airspace. The railways in France are striking for 48 hour periods every week for the entire month too and it isn't uncommon for the rest of the public sector workers to just decide to go out in support too, sometimes with less than 48 hours notice. The best place to find out accurate information is at the Eurocontrol NOP (https://www.public.nm.eurocontrol.int/PUBPORTAL/gateway/spec/) website.

wiggy
26th May 2018, 08:27
Anyone know the strike times expected to effect per chance?

Wot? All of them...well just in case, this might be of use.....because never mind The minor problems caused by ATC, it seems Radio France HQ is en greve again......

Liste des grčves en cours et ŕ venir en France ? Cestlagreve (http://www.cestlagreve.fr)

Better still the link to the calendar format is here:

http://www.cestlagreve.fr/calendrier/