PDA

View Full Version : Airways Flight Training Exeter

Jettiejock
23rd May 2018, 11:19
Anybody know what is happening with Airways at Exeter? I have tried ringing for over a week and no answer or reply to the messages left. Now the phone is unobtainable.

S-Works
23rd May 2018, 11:38
Gone bust?

eckhard
23rd May 2018, 12:34
As far as I know, last year Airways Flight Training was bought by Aviation South West (another school, also based at Exeter) but it was planned to run both schools separately. The owner of ASW appointed his son to run AFT. Maybe they found it was better to combine the two after all?

We used AFT a year ago, just after they were sold, for an FAA to EASA conversion, including CPL, IR, MEP, SEP and night and found them to be excellent.

Stampe
23rd May 2018, 14:34
Friend of mine has just revalidated their MEP/IR with them last week and reported very favourably on the level of service and attention to cusomer requirements.Refreshing to hear nowadays.Lots of students going through they have always had a good reputation! Regards Stampe

bignose340
5th Jun 2018, 16:34
Just for the record Airways Flight Training Exeter) Ltd filed for Insolvency 26/3/18.unfortunately owing a huge amount of money to various creditors. Brian Marindin sold the company to a Mr. Stuart Mclaird in 2016 and resigned as CFI in March 2017. Very sad that a school with such a great reputation closes due to the incompetency of the new owner.
Good news is that Brian Marindin is currently in the process of setting up a new IR school nearby.