PDA

View Full Version : Airbus FLAPS 1 after landing

Romasik
22nd May 2018, 05:27
I guess it's common to all buses, but I'm interested in particular in 330. When OAT is above 30 deg Airbus recommends during TRANSIT to keep slats in CONF 1 to avoid leading edge AIR WING LEAK warning. Any technical reason why it's for TRANSIT only? Does it have anything to do with switching ADIRS off or power break during flight termination?

goeasy
22nd May 2018, 09:41
Because if you are shutting down fully, the APU bleed wont be creating duct temperature. Alternative solution is to select engine bleeds off which disables warning.

Romasik
22nd May 2018, 10:06
Because if you are shutting down fully, the APU bleed wont be creating duct temperature. Alternative solution is to select engine bleeds off which disables warning.
The is no duct temperature anyway. We are talking about WING DUCT for wing anti-ice. And it is OFF. The message comes because of the external heat.

Dupre
22nd May 2018, 12:05
My guess is that for a secured stop, the aircraft will be shut down without electrical power. Therefore no chance of a warning being generated.

In a transit stop the plane is not shut down, so the spurious warning can be generated.

Fursty Ferret
22nd May 2018, 12:35
With the flaps in 1 on an A32x, damage to the rudder travel limiter mechanical stops can occur when the ADIRS are switched off. Hence the flaps are retracted before shutdown. Surprised it's similar on the A330, but maybe a fleet-wide policy to make things easier?

Romasik
22nd May 2018, 15:32
With the flaps in 1 on an A32x, damage to the rudder travel limiter mechanical stops can occur when the ADIRS are switched off. Hence the flaps are retracted before shutdown. Surprised it's similar on the A330, but maybe a fleet-wide policy to make things easier?
This is the second time I hear about the connection between ADIRS and ridder travel limiter. Looks like this could be the reason. Do you have any reference for that? Would be very helpful to finally convince those who always leave aircraft with FLAPS 1 in hot weather.

Feather44
22nd May 2018, 15:58
I guess it's common to all buses, but I'm interested in particular in 330. When OAT is above 30 deg Airbus recommends during TRANSIT to keep slats in CONF 1 to avoid leading edge AIR WING LEAK warning. Any technical reason why it's for TRANSIT only? Does it have anything to do with switching ADIRS off or power break during flight termination?

Flap 1, why for transit only?: Because the air wing leak warning is a no go mel
For full stop: flaps at 0 before switching OFF the adr's to prevent RTLU damage/problem

For the references: just show the FCOM - NORM PROC - AFTER LANDING to your colleagues.

Romasik
22nd May 2018, 16:02
Flap 1, why for transit only?: Because the air wing leak warning is a no go mel
For full stop: flaps at 0 before switching OFF the adr's to prevent RTLU damage/problem
Do you have any reference regarding the connection of ADIRS and RTLU?

Feather44
22nd May 2018, 16:14
There is an ENGINEERING BULLETIN from airbus about that. I'll post it when able.
Meanwhile, check the fcom section as indicated in my previous msg

By the way, I'm speaking for 320's, I have no clue about 330's

EGPFlyer
23rd May 2018, 07:51
Do you have any reference regarding the connection of ADIRS and RTLU?
the rudder travel limiter varies the max deflection based on airspeed which is obtained from the ADRs

Fursty Ferret
23rd May 2018, 10:01
the rudder travel limiter varies the max deflection based on airspeed which is obtained from the ADRs

When the ADIRS is switched off the RTLU moves based on flap lever setting and will damage the stop.

CaptainProp
23rd May 2018, 10:52
FCOM PRO / NOR / SOP / 21 / After landing “On ground, hot weather conditions may cause overheating to be detected around the bleed ducts in the wings, resulting in “AIR L (R) WING LEAK” warnings. Such warnings may be avoided during transit by keeping the slats in Configuration 1 when the OAT is above 30 °C. To avoid damage on the RTLU (Rudder Travel Limit Unit) mechanical stop, the SLATS/FLAPS should be retracted before all ADIRS are set to OFF simultaneously.”

CP