PDA

View Full Version : Instructor needed!!!!!

tas
24th Jul 2002, 17:23
Hello there!

There is a flying school based in East Anglia in need of a flying instructor!

If you are interested drop me a line for more details!

tas

nonradio
25th Jul 2002, 21:37
Rotary or F/W? Full or P/T?

Say again s l o w l y
25th Jul 2002, 22:15
Hiya Tas.

How's life. Which school is this. I can do some part-time if that's what they want? and of course if the money is right!!! (chuckles into his beer)

Has the Taslette arrived yet??:)

tas
26th Jul 2002, 18:08
nonradio

Fixed wing and either f/t or p/t

Fifi

It's the school I used to work at!

Taslette still in the pipeline, due in October, Mrs Tas suffering greatly!

tas

neils
26th Jul 2002, 18:36
Old Buckingham seem to be advertising every month in Pilot mag.

goatgruff
31st Jul 2002, 15:19
The only drawback of the job is that you'll have to talk to me on a regular basis........:D :cool: :D

tas
31st Jul 2002, 16:42
Oh yes, I forgot to mention that!!

C.A.
2nd Aug 2002, 13:24
Hey Guys,
If anyone doesnt mind answering a bit of a personal question from an aussie instructor, what do you guys get $ wise. Salary or casual, etc. etc. I know its a bit of a vague qn but have been thinking of invading you all over there and want to know if its worthwhile.
Cheers, and may your beergoggles never lead you astray again! CA

essouira
2nd Aug 2002, 19:01
£15 an hour - chock to chock - how about you ?

C.A.
3rd Aug 2002, 06:43
Thanks Essouira
We get about $40-$42 per hour which i think adjust to about 15 quid. Close enough anyway. Thanks mate! Many of your guys get salary or is it mostly on hours flown?
CA

Durand
5th Aug 2002, 17:31
Hi Everyone:

I am a Coporate Pilot in Vancouver Canada and am interested in possibly relocating to the uk (london area) to flight instruct (fixed wing). If anyone has any ideas or suggestions, please pass them on.

thanks a bunch,

Jeff

goatgruff
6th Aug 2002, 20:42
Durand - I don't know what corporate pilots earn in your neck of the woods, or if you're so rich that you can afford to fly for fun and no pay, but the UK training market is taking a hammering at the moment.

The rate of pay for instructors seems to be around UK£15 per hour flying pay, with a very basic retainer.
If you have to work in the south of the UK, this doesn't equate to much, as the cost of living is extortionate.

On the other hand, if you wanted to come over and do corporate work, with some instructing on the side, you'll have avery comfortable lifestyle.
Many UK and European companies operate aircraft out the UK on the VP register, and seem to advertise in Flight International quite frequently flight (http://www.flightinternational.com)

Durand
7th Aug 2002, 07:32
Goatgruff:

Thanks again for supplying me with more information. It seems whenever I hit a road block you have a little more info for me.

Unfortunately I am not independantly wealthy YET!!!!!! and can't just fly for the fun of it RATS!!!!! Ideally I would love to continue with my coporate flying and instruct on the side. I will check into that possibility.

Thanks =)