PDA

View Full Version : JeppFD and Dual external GPS

austra1998
19th May 2018, 05:45
hi all,
my Ipad does not have build in gps( wifi only)...so i bough an external GPS receiver to couple with Jepp FD....i connected it fine with the ipad via Bluetooth but Jeppfd does not see it...anyone can help me with that?
thanks
alex
P.s.
i went on settings and turn on all the toggles about the display own ship ...jeppfd always looking at gps signal from my wifi connnection...is there a way to make it look at gps signal from the receiver i bought?

flyboyike
19th May 2018, 13:13
What happens if you turn wifi off?

austra1998
20th May 2018, 07:17
it still says,
gps source: xyz's ipad
which means...its still looking to get the gps signal from the ipad and not from the dual external gps...hummm:-(

flyboyike
20th May 2018, 11:48
Did you check both iPad General Settings and Jepp App settings? I mean not the toggles within app, but the app settings under the Main settings screen.

austra1998
21st May 2018, 02:37
humm the app settings under the main settings screen...i believe if i understood you correctly that this settings are the ones were all the toggles for display the own ship are...correct? or what do you mean?

flyboyike
23rd May 2018, 19:14
humm the app settings under the main settings screen...i believe if i understood you correctly that this settings are the ones were all the toggles for display the own ship are...correct?

That's correct.

austra1998
24th May 2018, 05:07
i did...all look ok there...nothing that would suggest a way to change the source of gps signal:-(