PDA

View Full Version : how to get there

Pilot16
24th Jul 2002, 15:54
Hi
i have posted regarding this before about how I can get to stapleford flying club via undeground. The information I have gathered is this:

-There is not a very good connection between stapleford and the nearest tube station (Thoydon Bois)

-The bus service that runs from thoydon Bois station to stapleford club is very irragular (about every 2 hours)

Because I dont own a car, the method I am currently using is to go with my dad at the weekend with his car and fly only than (because he is working during the weekdays)
but I would like to be flying during the weekdays as well as I have a lot spare time in hand.

I received an email a while back from an ex-stapleford student which stated that a better way of getting there would be to get off at Epping (and not thoydon Bois) and go to the nearest bus station which has a far more ragular service to sfc

I would appreciate if any current or previous stapleford students would clarify for me if this is true and give any details I may need as I dont want to go there and get lost.

thankyou. :)

stiknruda
24th Jul 2002, 17:20
Pilot16,

This may seem like a desperately cruel thing to say to someone who is as obviously keen as you appear to be, however:

if you are still requesting help to find the aerodrome for your lessons, how do you think you will cope with all the other decisions that you will need to make when you start to learn to fly?

Stik;)

djk
24th Jul 2002, 20:40
pilot16,

I flew from Stapleford just over a month ago, the advice I was given was to take the tube to Debden and then take the bus. I can't remember the bus route I was suggested as I've since thrown the post-it note that I wrote this information down on, away.

I have to agree with stiknruda to a certain degree. Have you contacted the airfield to find out which bus routes pass by or near the airfield, or even driven to it with your dad and researched the area around it for yourself?

tacpot
24th Jul 2002, 21:31
I suspect our young Pilot friend is doing what I find myself doing alot these days, that is expecting the Internet to provide EVERY answer to life's questions.

Pilot16 has found a ready source of knowledge, seemingly willing to comment on every aspect of aviation, it's little wonder that he is 'pushing the envelope' a bit. I mean, why ring up the bus station, when someone PPruNEe will tell you time of the next bus, plus who and who not to sit next to on it :).

Pilot16: Type out the following 100 times (do not use Cut&Paste:D ) :

I must only use PPruNe for asking worthy questions.

(Only Joking)

nonradio
25th Jul 2002, 09:27
Never mind pilot16- ignore that rotten lot and concentrate on getting flying!! However, you might try picking up the 'phone...:D

Don D Cake
25th Jul 2002, 09:50
You might try this site:

UKPTI: The UK Public Transportation Information Site (http://www.pti.org.uk/)