PDA

View Full Version : Does an instructor need an hour with an instructor??

memories of px
13th May 2018, 13:17
Just wondering if an instructor needs to fly with an instructor for an hour as part of his sep renewal.

S-Works
13th May 2018, 13:29
We are required to meet exactly the same revalidation requirements as everyone else.

memories of px
13th May 2018, 14:30
thanks for that, " or a greater test" comes to mind, B777 LPC or Examiner Rating or IMC renewal would do equally i guess.

S-Works
13th May 2018, 18:23
thanks for that, " or a greater test" comes to mind, B777 LPC or Examiner Rating or IMC renewal would do equally i guess.

Yes, exactly the same as everyone else...... ;)

Genghis the Engineer
13th May 2018, 22:02
Indeed we do. My last two I did an aerobatics refresher, did me a world of good.

G

S-Works
14th May 2018, 09:03
Interestingly enough I have never actually done one.

what next
14th May 2018, 12:41
Interestingly enough I have never actually done one.

Neither have I, but this is because I have to take an IR checkride each year anyway and this includes the "training flight" part for the classrating.

Genghis the Engineer
14th May 2018, 12:53
Somehow it's out of sync with my IR(R) revalidation and the 2 year cycle, I suppose I could reset it, but the excuse to go and learn something interesting has meant that I didn't really care.

G

S-Works
14th May 2018, 13:53
Neither have I, but this is because I have to take an IR checkride each year anyway and this includes the "training flight" part for the classrating.

I am subject to a constant cycle of flight tests with 3 Type Ratings, 6 Class Ratings plus IR and even the good old IMC(r) as well as them all reflected as 5 Instructor and Equivalent Examiner Ratings so it never comes up. But we are never too old or too wise to learn and Instructors flying with other Instructors even if its simple CRI like Genghis or full FI is a great way of sharing ideas and learning from each other.

Within the ATO I fly with all my Instructors as part of the annual standardisation which provides a great opportunity to just throw ideas round and have a play.

Genghis the Engineer
14th May 2018, 22:53
I really hope that I'm not a"simple CRI", I'm a very complicated CRI with a whole host of fascinating bad habits and strange character flaws! 😀

G

S-Works
15th May 2018, 12:03
I really hope that I'm not a"simple CRI", I'm a very complicated CRI with a whole host of fascinating bad habits and strange character flaws! 😀

G
............................... :p:ok: