PDA

View Full Version : FI and additional rating

Banana Joe
10th May 2018, 15:07
I am reading through Part-FCL and something is not clear to me.
Am I correct in saying that a FI holder doesn't need a CRI to instruct on MEP as long as he has logged 30 hours PIC on MEP airplanes?

BillieBob
10th May 2018, 15:50
Not quite. You are correct in saying that an FI does not need to hold a CRI certificate to instruct on MEP but he must have 500 hours flight time on aeroplanes, 30 hours PIC on MEP (FCL.915.CRI), have completed the CRI course (FCL.930.CRI) and passed an Assessment of Competence (FCL.935)
FCL.905.FI
The privileges of an FI are to conduct flight instruction for the issue, revalidation or renewal of:
(h) single-pilot multi-engine class or type ratings.....provided that the FI meets:
(1) in the case of aeroplanes, the prerequisites for the CRI training course established in FCL.915.CRI(a) and the requirements of FCL.930.CRI and FCL935.

S-Works
10th May 2018, 18:25
What about to teach for SET?

Banana Joe
10th May 2018, 19:53
Typing from my phone and don't know why my first message was duplicated:confused:

Anyway, now it's clear.
So no CRI rating will be printed on the licence, but will the IRI rating be printed?

Whopity
10th May 2018, 20:07
What about to teach for SET?
Hold a SET Class rating and:
The privileges of an FI are to conduct flight instruction for the issue, revalidation or renewal of:

(b) class and type ratings for single-pilot, single-engine aircraft, except for single-pilot high
performance complex aeroplanes;
Anyway, now it's clear.
So no CRI rating will be printed on the licence, but will the IRI rating be printed?
In the UK neither the CRI nor IRI will be printed on the licence if you hold a FI Certificate however; other EASA States may do it differently.