PDA

View Full Version : Embraer E-Jet question

Cautious Optimist
8th May 2018, 00:37
Morning

Trying to find out some more information on various sub-types of the E-Jet family as follows:

E170 - available as LR, SE, SL, SU and STD models
E175 - available as LL, LR, LT, SC, SU and STD models
E190 - available as IGW (AR), LR, SR and STD models
E195 - available as LR, SR and STD models

To further confuse the issue; there is the "E-Jet+", which includes aspects of the new generation "E2" family, but most noticeably, new larger "contorted" winglets.

My first question is; is the E-Jet+ available for not only all four base models but also for all of the above listed sub-types (or did they standardise)? My second question is more a fill-in-the-blanks as I'm curious as to what all of the abbreviations stand for, some are self explanatory:

AR = Advanced range
IGW = Increased gross weight
LL = ???
LR = Long range
LT = ???
SC = Special configuration (E175 with E170 pax capacity)
SE = ???
SR = ???
SU = ???
STD = Standard

Thanks in advance for any help.

CO

renard
8th May 2018, 17:16
I believe SR stands for Short Runway.

BA CityFlyer E190’s are SR types and fly into London City, which is a short runway.

They have been modified to be able to fly the steep approaches there and only have 98 seats.

flyboyike
8th May 2018, 20:45
Morning

Trying to find out some more information on various sub-types of the E-Jet family as follows:

E170 - available as LR, SE, SL, SU and STD models
E175 - available as LL, LR, LT, SC, SU and STD models
E190 - available as IGW (AR), LR, SR and STD models
E195 - available as LR, SR and STD models

To further confuse the issue; there is the "E-Jet+", which includes aspects of the new generation "E2" family, but most noticeably, new larger "contorted" winglets.

My first question is; is the E-Jet+ available for not only all four base models but also for all of the above listed sub-types (or did they standardise)? My second question is more a fill-in-the-blanks as I'm curious as to what all of the abbreviations stand for, some are self explanatory:

AR = Advanced range
IGW = Increased gross weight
LL = ???
LR = Long range
LT = ???
SC = Special configuration (E175 with E170 pax capacity)
SE = ???
SR = ???
SU = ???
STD = Standard

Thanks in advance for any help.

CO

LL - Low Lead fuel, two catalytic converters per engine.
LT - Limited edition, pilot seats made of rich, Corinthian leather
SE - Sport Edition, BBS rims, bigger brakes, quick-ratio nosewheel steering box.
SU - Special model developed for Aeroflot. Cyrillic markings, dual water systems, one with water, one with Stoli.

Kidding, of course.:)