PDA

View Full Version : Jet Blue Aircraft Makes Emergency Landing

AmericanFlyer
7th May 2018, 21:25
JetBlue flight makes emergency landing after windshield breaks - Business Insider (http://uk.businessinsider.com/jetblue-flight-makes-emergency-landing-after-windshield-breaks-2018-5?r=US&IR=T)

WingNut60
7th May 2018, 22:52
It speaks well of the overall safety of the industry that, now, every cracked windscreen seems to make it onto these pages.

West Coast
8th May 2018, 01:58
It speaks well of the overall safety of the industry that, now, every cracked windscreen seems to make it onto these pages.

Same with go arounds warranting their own thread.

roybert
8th May 2018, 15:34
It seems like more windscreens are cracking. Has there been a change in the design or material that's causing this or just more people posting these incidents?

wiggy
8th May 2018, 15:56
I suspect it’s just a consequence of social media, tracking sites etc...

rog747
8th May 2018, 16:36
It seems like more windscreens are cracking. Has there been a change in the design or material that's causing this or just more people posting these incidents?

funny you should say that -- in my career in ground ops at LHR and LGW from 1972 onwards I can recall maybe a couple of windscreens that needed changing
a virgin classic 747-200 and an excalibur A320 (both 1990-92)
when I was BMA at LHR for many years I cannot recall any DC9 or Viscounts needing one changed out of the ordinary

had my Mini Countryman since 2015 and my pal has one too, and another pal has a NIssan Qashqai all are same age and we all have had cracked screens that needed mega replacements and all the hoo hah to fit because of the kit attached to the screens these days
we have all been driving 30-40 odd years each and I only recall one shattered screen in the 70's i think on my Dad's victor

8th May 2018, 16:43
Really?. Another non event. Sort of rubbish that useless websites like Av Herald thrive on.

DaveReidUK
8th May 2018, 17:30

It's also possible, of course, that windscreens are cracking at the same rate as they have done in the past, it's just that there are more aircraft around nowadays.