PDA

View Full Version : Wingly type services to be approved FAA

Ebbie 2003
28th Apr 2018, 06:10
Hello, seems tye FAA may be about to OK Wingly type services.

https://www.planeandpilotmag.com/article/uber-for-planes-amendment-in-faa-bill/

Shouod make things interesting.

It will, if applicable outside US airspace help me with my costs - maybe.

Sam Rutherford
28th Apr 2018, 12:42
Wow. Certainly seems to have progressed this far without making much noise - getting finally signed could be an issue though.

Ebbie 2003
29th Apr 2018, 00:25
Did not want to put it in the original post, but, just confirmed it passed a couple of days ago.

So now the FAA need to write the rules, they have 90 days to publish the guidance, the 180 for the final rules, things just got interesting.

MrAverage
29th Apr 2018, 07:44
Such platforms are currently seeing a downturn at most airfields around London. Many have individually banned their use...................

ChickenHouse
29th Apr 2018, 08:24
Such platforms are currently seeing a downturn at most airfields around London. Many have individually banned their use...................
Our field also has banned such services, as open insurance issues are dramatic.

Ebbie 2003
29th Apr 2018, 14:53
Bans may happen here too, but it will take a while.

Not to sure our small island states will mess with US rules, but in those couple of years it will be useful.

Already, I do fly people to other islands pretty much for free, the can buy lunch. Quite liking the idea of being able to post "going to Canouan Saturday, contact me if interested" notices.

I do think 100hours post ppl and 50 in type or something similar should be required. What bugged me when I saw Wingly was the number of 48 hour tt ppls offering flights.