PDA

View Full Version : Anyone used Blackbusche Aviation (SE London) before?

Scoobster
26th Apr 2018, 10:48
Wondered if there were any recent experiences of the outfit here? especially as they have a relatively cheapish IR(R)/IMC on a C152...

chevvron
26th Apr 2018, 11:15
Wondered if there were any recent experiences of the outfit here? especially as they have a relatively cheapish IR(R)/IMC on a C152...
I presume you mean Blackbushe Aviation at Blackbushe Airport which is south west of London.
Never heard anything bad said about them; cafe in clubhouse; new airport management and FISOs

DaveW
26th Apr 2018, 12:01
Good reputation, passionate and knowledgeable owner/CFI/Head of Training who also happens to be a top bloke - I'd say go visit and see what you think.

I reckon you'll find it worthwhile.

chevvron
26th Apr 2018, 12:08
The owner/CFI posts regularly on another forum.

Scoobster
26th Apr 2018, 12:55
Yes - I meant the ones in Camberley. Don't know much about their Instrument Instructors yet.

chevvron
26th Apr 2018, 17:06
Yes - I meant the ones in Camberley. Don't know much about their Instrument Instructors yet.
Whilst the postal address is Camberley, Surrey, the airfield is actually in Hampshire!https://www.pprune.org/images/infopop/icons/icon1.gif

cjhants
27th Apr 2018, 07:22
Agree with SM and his team being a very good place to train. I started my training at EGLK 14 years ago. The only issue I had was that it is only licensed until 1800. With the light evenings, I wanted to train after work, so moved to White Waltham from May, where I could fly until much later. If I remember correctly, the last EGLK lesson was 1630.

AllanA
27th Apr 2018, 07:50
Steve Morley owns Blackbushe Aviation and has a very good reputation across the GA community. Nice chap.

memories of px
27th Apr 2018, 09:33
chevvron, i'm always interested in reading new forums, do you mean another forum here, or another website .

cjhants
27th Apr 2018, 10:36
chevvron, i'm always interested in reading new forums, do you mean another forum here, or another website .
Flyer (if I'm allowed to mention it)

maxred
27th Apr 2018, 11:28
In my limited dealings very friendly, helpful, as are all the folks at EGLK. Pity the same could not be said about the Flying Group. Bad news all round.

Kevin31
27th Apr 2018, 12:20
In my limited dealings very friendly, helpful, as are all the folks at EGLK. Pity the same could not be said about the Flying Group. Bad news all round.

Whats happened to flying group?