PDA

View Full Version : Lido Mpilot for the Jepp FD pro user.

tubby linton
25th Apr 2018, 22:18
I am a long term Jepp FDpro user but my new employer uses Lido Mpilot. Any tips on changing to this new format will be appreciated

Piltdown Man
28th Apr 2018, 08:33
I haven’t about clue Jepp. But to my advice dealing with Lido is to load your route as soon as you can and assemble your clipboard in the order you are most likely to use your charts. I also load my clipboard with the alternate if that is likely to be used and close by. My preference it to always have the AFC (Airport Facilities Chart) as my first page. My general observations (with iPad) are as follows:

1. Use the Zzz function to stop the thing turning itself off when it decides.
2. The top left corner (full screen/back/clipboard) requires careful poking so you get what you want.
3. Once you have created your clipboard, select a chart so the clipboard charts are “active”.
4. Finding the text for the SID you want can be a PITA (SIDPT - grey pages).
5. Using the thing at night can be problematic. The night/day icon is a bit too savage and the dimming function of the tablet is insufficient.
6. Watch out for errors. Until a little while ago some Norwegian charts had an erroneous note “HJ only” on ILS charts. Ignore the note or do a non-precision approach?
7. The folding chart icon (note: Lido uses non-std grey icons to show options available rather than those not permitted) will give you your Airways Charts, click on a route or waypoint and you can find out who you be should be speaking to. The target symbol will show your location (assuming you have GPS).
8. The crayon is useful for drawing taxi routes, stand numbers, odd numbers etc.

Have fun!

PM

Denti
28th Apr 2018, 15:13
At night i rather used the inverse color function from iOS, put it on the triple click of the home button, very useful that way. The crayon function is great, highlight the correct SID, mark escape routes and so on, really useful. I never used the grey text for the SID text, but rather the SIDPT button on the SID map to put a window with the text on the map in a position where it is not in the way, that way i have both the chart presentation and the text on one page.

tubby linton
28th Apr 2018, 15:33
Thank you both. I have downloaded the trial version of the app from itunes and it is extremely limited in what it can demonstrate.
I like Jepp FDpro at night as the chart colour can be easily inverted and the brightness control is just above it.This can be done easily within the app.
Does the mpilot app allow the overlay of sig weather , turbulence,icing and winds on the enroute map?

Piltdown Man
28th Apr 2018, 23:02
That sounds like a useful feature (So it’s a No!). And like Denti I also only use the SIDPT plates inside the SID pages. But beware, some vital text often hidden out of sight on the top of the page; things like automatic frequency changes etc, So make sure you scroll up to see the header text.

PM