PDA

View Full Version : New Club at Blackbushe?

Wycombe
23rd Jul 2002, 12:43
Seems the "European Flyers (again)" thread of a few days ago has disappeared - can make a reasonable guess as to why that was!!

Moving on from that, it appears that the former EF "building" at EGLK is undergoing some "battleship grey" renovation - is another Club moving in?

What a Loop
23rd Jul 2002, 12:47
Good news if it is.

I for one would join, as it is the nearest airport to me

Sleeve Wing
23rd Jul 2002, 20:37
Hi Wycombe.(!) (oh, never mind!!)
Seems you could be right.
My buzz is "Blackbushe Aviation" - offshoot of Redhill Aviation - to start in earnest about September.
Apparently couple of singles and a twin to be avail.
Could be wrong.
Sleeve

Dead Leg...Dead ?
23rd Jul 2002, 20:44
Sleeve Wing you are right, another off-shoot from redhill aviation. Also has links to Sky Leisure in Shoreham.
Loads of 152's, about 4 PA28-181's, 2 PA28-201 (one turboed), 2 PA34-220T, 1 PA31-350, and a couple terror hawks.
PPL's CPL's ect....

Hope that clears up the mist

Wycombe
23rd Jul 2002, 21:48
Never mind about what Sleeve :confused: ...although I call myself "Wycombe", it could as well be "Blackbushe", as that's where I learnt (at EF, hence my interest).

Could be good news, then.

I'm sure the owner-pilots based on the field (and there are many) will be hoping that the old EF Bar will be re-opened. The social side was one of the best things about EF when I was a member (back in the mid '90's) :cool: Oh, and they had some very good instructors, too!

Thanks for the info DL..D? aswell.

John Varndell
24th Jul 2002, 07:03
Yes it is to become the home of Blackbushe Aviation, another branch of Redair we are told. They are in fact already in business but operating from a caravan while the finishing touches are made to the old EF building. The building has "scrubbed up well".

The Cafe is open again although there has been very little "scrubbing up" done to that end of the building. We are reliably informed that the Bar, which will be run by British Car Auctions, will re-open at the beginning of August.

Club nights on Fridays have resumed and we currently bring our own drinks.

It will probably never be as good as the heady days of the '90s because we've "been there - done that" but who knows what a fresh start and new blood might bring.

It will be interesting to see how BCA run the Bar. There are some very quiet times there when the weather is duff and I believe they will want to make money each time they open the door. I think they'll not stay the course and we members will have to take over. We shall see.

CBG
24th Jul 2002, 08:32
Hi John,

Good to "see" you.

Yes, together with the instructors, the old club ambience was what kept the thing going (I do miss our friendly arguements about anglo-french matters, and RT in french in the circuit!). Things have not been the same since I have relocated on this side of the channel! However: we do have a great restaurant at LFPD. Why don't you organise for the old EF gang to visit one of these days? There is no golf course but we can arrange something on the rather large taxiways!

In fact, this offer to visit is open to all Pprunners.

LFPD is 15 minutes flying time south east of Deauville. Cap 10 were built there and "we" are still building the CAP 232.

We do aerobatics, we got a tiger moth, a cub (and a few DR400 too)....and it's dead cheap to fly compared to what I used to pay in the UK!

Christophe Bourillon

Wycombe
24th Jul 2002, 09:36
John

....enjoyed very much reading about your globe-trotting exploits in GOTO last year. The sort of stuff that most of us can only dream about doing.

You probably don't remember me, but I remember you as one of the "leading lights" of the social scene to which I referred at EGLK.

Hope those days will return....I might even come back from "Wycombe" (despite the nice new aeroplanes they let me fly there!) :)

Sleeve Wing
24th Jul 2002, 20:07
Wycombe .
Well, I'd typed it before I realised - Hi (High) Wycombe !!
Could have been funny to some I suppose but ----then again --

Ta Raa.
Sleeve. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ;)

John Varndell
25th Jul 2002, 07:07
Hi Chris

I wondered where you had gone. It's been so peaceful in the circuit!!

I visited Bernay about 8 years ago. Super restaurant I seem to recall.

Hi Wycombe...........whoever you are!!