PDA

View Full Version : PPL Revalidation:

Richie Coulson
16th Jun 2001, 18:03
Hi guys

Whats reqd to revalidate a PPL cos I havent flown for just under 2 years.

If I subsequently dont manage to fly inside the 2yrs......what happens then??

Thanks

Rich

Lucifer
16th Jun 2001, 18:29
If you do not manage to meet the requirements, you need to complete another skills test and send all documents to FCLD at CAA for a fee to revalidate. Otherwise, you could before the date complete a test for a new rating, or you must hurry and do 6hrs solo minimum and and hour with an instructor adding up to 12 hrs total.

TooHotToFly
16th Jun 2001, 19:25
If you fail to revalidate your SEP class rating within the validity, you do not need to do a Skill Test providing it is less than 5 years since you last flew as pilot in command - a Licence Proficiency Check is sufficient which comprises g/h, steep turns, PFL's, circuits etc.

CAT3C AUTOLAND
16th Jun 2001, 21:17
Check out the CAA website, it tells you in there.

http://www.srg.caa.co.uk/pld/fcl/fcl_faq_detail.asp?ID=403

Richie Coulson
16th Jun 2001, 21:25
Superb, thanks guys. I seemed to remember there was a rule about doing it within 2 yrs....5yrs is fine as i expect to have some hours in next month (just outside 2 yrs).

Thanks for the advice

Rich

Noggin
16th Jun 2001, 21:54
Even if you go over 5 years the test required is exactly the same. The Licence issue Skill Test is never repeated under JAR-FCL. Under 5 years the examiner signs you up and over 5 years it goes to Gatwick. Same paperwork in both cases.