PDA

View Full Version : RYR Assessments in DXB

jonesyinthesky
11th Apr 2018, 15:00
RYR are heading down to the sandpit for anyone interested and doing assessments 20th April to 24th April, no details on their website but i saw a post on LinkedIn, they were advertising slots for Rated and Non-Type Rated Captains

captplaystation
11th Apr 2018, 20:57
Isn't it funny how the Hamster Wheel turns.

I can remember back in 2008 or thereabouts everyone jumping ship from FR & heading off to Fly Dubai/Emirates . . . . .

In a way it elicits a wry smile to imagine them clamouring to come back.

Then again it kinda p+**#s me off that the industry is so bad (in general ) that they would even contemplate it.

Elephant and Castle
12th Apr 2018, 05:49
No one is saying that they (pilots) are "clamouring to come back"

FR going to the sandpit demonstrates the contrary in my view. It demonstrates FRs desperation for pilots.

polax52
12th Apr 2018, 06:52

FR going to the sandpit demonstrates the contrary in my view. It demonstrates FRs desperation for pilots.

NO! It just demonstrates that everybody wants Pilots at below market value.

Skyhigh_
12th Apr 2018, 07:57

All the airlines are doing assessments/roadshows all over the world hence you haven't got a clue

SilverSeated
17th Apr 2018, 12:30
NO! It just demonstrates that everybody wants Pilots at below market value.

If they are looking at pilots below market value I doubt they'll be treading round the Middle East. Any EK pilot taking a position in RyanAir is doing it for lifestyle/family reasons, definitely not the money.

Disposable cash in EK is significantly higher than most EU/UK carriers...

Lepo
17th Apr 2018, 17:45
Ryanair is also doing a roadshow in Brazil in June for Rated and Non-Rated Captains and Rated FOs.

BluSdUp
17th Apr 2018, 20:26
Funny, 20% of the experienced FOs in RYR are considering or has an offer for a ME carrier.
RYR need 1400 pilots this year , rumor has it.
Accommodating DEC instead of taking care of the old and grey, and the upgrades!
" You can make this sh&t up" as Shane Spicer said.

highfive
18th Apr 2018, 01:42
Really, guys would leave a LHS B 777 in EK and go fly 4-5 sector days with another abusive employer?

There are few options. Globally, airline employers are hostile to their pilots. Degrading their lifestyles. Ruining their health.

I don't want ultra long haul exposure to cancer causing radiation, especially on repeated trans polar routes. I don't want 4-5 sector 12 hour days. Neither do I want 6 day repeated night duties.

Shucks. I guess I'll just retire .

RAT 5
18th Apr 2018, 06:50
Do the maths; see how much you have and how much you need; check the savings & pension; if it adds up then go 50% and put the fun back into the job. That's short-haul. I have a mate who flies B777 long-haul and does 75%. For 10 days a duty month his net earnings are not much lower than 100% duty.

BluSdUp
18th Apr 2018, 11:13
Skyhigh
Trust me on this one! But hey, then again my source could be full of it!

RAT5
Part time is King , especially if commuting!
Did a ca 66 pct last year, still did 850hrs as a contractor, not half bad.
Allergic to STBY!

J74
25th Apr 2018, 21:56
Hello guys,
anynone can advise me how is the assessment in STN for an experience B737 FO , I'm thinkinh to give it a try----
please let me know--