PDA

View Full Version : 320 SPECIFIC CALLOUT

ORICHETTI
2nd Apr 2018, 19:13
Hi, somebody draw me the attention that : technically when you say "fl 320 blue" or any other altitude change.
you are doing something is not writed down on fcom. is not a fma change. and is really true. any light on this?

flyboyike
2nd Apr 2018, 23:05
It's written in my company manual, and that's enough for me.

pineteam
3rd Apr 2018, 08:00
Same as Flyboyike. In our SOPM, we must read the altitude in feet ( and meter when applicable). eg when initiating a climb: '' Thrust climb, Climb, Alt Blue, 900 M, 3000 feet.'
But you are right, by the FCOM only the FMA shall be called out loud. And the FMA is only 5 columns and 3 lines. Therefore nor the speed or altitude is a mandatory call out by Airbus standard call out.

Also it's not written in our SOPM, but most pilots will call out the speed (eg ''306kts magenta''when accelerating above FL100 or ''142kt magenta'' when approach phase is activated''. Against this is not required by Airbus.

ORICHETTI
4th Apr 2018, 08:33
i haveīnt found it on my sop but everybody call outs altitude sets. i will try to find any other airbus documentation in where states something about this. itīs an interesting plane to learn about it. nice landings!