PDA

View Full Version : AFX 747 Freighter at LHR

AlphaCharlie
22nd Jul 2002, 18:29
Can anyone help?

There is an all white AFX 747 classic freighter parked at LHR. It sits in stand 201 (sandwiched between the BMI and new VS hangar). I worked at LHR all last summer and since mid-June this summer. I have never once seen in move, let alone fly.

Who owns it (or who are AFX)? Does it ever fly, but I have just missed it? Isn't it v.v.v.v.v.v.v. expensive to keep an a/c at LHR?

RIAB
22nd Jul 2002, 19:08
AFX is Airfreight Express Ltd, based at LHR. The company went into administration in about March of this year. As the company currently has no crews, there is nobody to take it anywhere else. The same question about the clocking-up of parking charges occured to me when I saw it the other day.

DonkeyDick
23rd Jul 2002, 13:38
You are all wrong.........the Jumbo in question is an ex BA bird sold to Kabo Air "operating" from Kano Nigeria. Being Nigerians, they have yet to complete payment for the aircraft.......

gas path
23rd Jul 2002, 16:10
Wrong DD
The aircraft is not ex BA it's a -245f ex Seaboard.;)

AlphaCharlie
24th Jul 2002, 11:21
It is a 'real' freighter, not a converted passenger aircraft. Hence unless it belonged to BA World Cargo, it can't be ex-BA.

cargosales
24th Jul 2002, 16:03
Gas Path's right. It's a -245F. Either G-GAFX or G-INTL. Can't remember which. AFX have/had two a/c. One's at LHR and the other's in the States I think. Both are 'real' freighters with nose and side cargo doors. Can't see AFX coming back though - the parking fees have to be huge by now. Probably have to sell the aircraft just to pay them.:(

Sharjah Night Shift
24th Jul 2002, 18:21
G-GAFX is parked at Manston up next to the museum.