PDA

View Full Version : Oversight is Tightening Up

777AV8R
15th Mar 2018, 18:52
B.C.-based Orca Airways grounded by feds 'in the interest of public safety' - British Columbia - CBC News (http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/b-c-based-orca-airways-grounded-by-feds-in-the-interest-of-public-safety-1.4577784)

JV
16th Mar 2018, 03:00
I know nothing about orca airways, but i did read the newspaper article.

I am sure that there is more to the story, but, if we come to a world where failing to report a plain vanilla go around is cause for losing an operator certificate, I think every airline and every pilot should lose their operating certificate. It is nonsensical.

transport canada has always been on the rather irrational side of cognitive abilities, all they care about is how nice your paperwork looks like. sadly, they have a propensity to look for any reason to ''nail'' people, and then play the aviation safety card to make themselves look good.

Strong words I know, but, having been in the unfortunate situation of needing a job after a bankruptcy and ending up in the place, I almost lost my mind after witnessing the destructive and toxic mindset that prevails. I finally escaped after 5 horrible years.

I would be really interested in knowing more details about how these people came up with a rather draconian decision.

Any thoughts out there? Was Orca a true menace to society?