PDA

View Full Version : Do Axnex II hours now count for PPL

nearlyapilot
5th Mar 2018, 20:52
Having spent ages finding out what counts towards the initial PPL and then what counts for keeping current I came to the conclusion that for an EASA PPL you need hours in an EASA (old Group A) aircraft.

According to this recent article I was wrong:

www.flyer.co.uk/flight-hours-annex-ii-aircraft-count-easa-ppl/

So does this mean I can use a microlight (under SEP preivileges) to keep current?

Potentially, could I also count some previous microlight hours towards the PPL?

A and C
5th Mar 2018, 22:18
As I understand things you can’t use microlight hours towards an SEP licence renewal .

If you do have a microlight PPL you can do a conversation to SEP that may well save you some money

rudestuff
5th Mar 2018, 22:38
I think you just need hours in something that is heavier than a microlight. EASA or Annex 2.

If you've got an NPPL(m) you know you've got about a month left to convert it to an NPPL(SSEA) to still be grandfathered into a LAPL?

piperboy84
6th Mar 2018, 08:28
It’s confusing with all these different licenses and rules, I think the FAA have it right with the simple sport pilot or ppl setup and IFR for any machine that is kitted out for it.

DaveW
6th Mar 2018, 08:36
As I understand things you can’t use microlight hours towards an SEP licence renewal .

You can if it's for Revalidation of a UK CAA - NOT an EASA - SEP Rating.

See Notes 4 & 8 here:

http://i65.tinypic.com/vr7g43.jpg

A and C
7th Mar 2018, 06:28
Thank you for that info.......... it’s little wonder that PPL holders are confused with the regulations........... did they not tell us that EASA regulation would simplify things ?

Jhieminga
7th Mar 2018, 14:22
Seeing as EASA licences occupy just three lines in that schematic, you could argue that they've achieved that! ;)