PDA

View Full Version : ATO required for EASA ATPL Theory exams

BRinChina
5th Mar 2018, 08:42
Hello,

Can anyone recommend an ATO in Germany or Austria to complete the 14 ATP theory exams, for purposes of converting an ICAO to EASA ATPL?.
(Due flight experience I only require a self study course before sitting the exam)

Thanks in advance!

rudestuff
5th Mar 2018, 10:45
Then you don't need an ATO.

Duchess_Driver
5th Mar 2018, 14:43
Then you don't need an ATO.

Errrmmm... be careful. I know that that is how the regulation appears but there are some CA's out there who do insist on signoff from an ATO even though the applicant does meet the requirements for exemption from the study. Not quite sure what they think you're signing off but still..

BRinChina
8th Mar 2018, 07:37
Thanks for your views.. i'll be visiting the countries authority to determine the rule. But I was hoping for some ATO suggestions to narrow down which country to go with.

I suppose suggesting an ATO could constitute Advertising under the Pprune rules.. so, anyone out there, please feel free to PM me with any companies.

Thanks in advance

this is my username
8th Mar 2018, 07:57
I used CAPT and was very happy with them. Pragmatic approach and minimum fuss.

rudestuff
8th Mar 2018, 08:34
(In the UK at least) If you have an ICAO ATPL the you don’t need a sign off from an ATO - you can self endorse for the exams. I had to use an ATO, so I chose the cheapest one purely to tick the box - but I used Bgsonline and google as my main study aids. You aren’t required to spend any money, but £100 would be well spent on QB subscriptions. A full ATO course is probably unnecessary but you might be able to negotiate a cheaper price as you don’t *need* it..