PDA

View Full Version : F27 CBT

soul3ras3r
14th Feb 2018, 06:35
Hello guys.... Where can i download a F27 CBT?

Piltdown Man
22nd Feb 2018, 21:10
CBT? Computers were only a glint in Alan Turing's eye when the F27 was designed. A proper F27 course consists of lots of beer and colouring in black and white diagrams.

Nightstop
23rd Feb 2018, 07:12
True! I remember my F27 course at NWI in ‘77, the ground school instructor was a Mr Glenn (I think). No simulator or cardboard cut-outs in those days, all procedural training done in the actual aircraft with Trainers such as Dennis Brennan, Spud Murphy, Dennis Colombo, Bill Else.

MetoPower
23rd Feb 2018, 10:55
In the late 80’s there was sort of a CBT in Amsterdam (atthe factory), by the end of the production line of the F27, beginning of theF50. This was on floppies (for those who remember what it was) and was quite unstable(needed reboots and resets +/- regularly) but did part of the job.
I doubt this would be available by now………. but who knows.

Piltdown Man
23rd Feb 2018, 11:44
Nightstop - We probably worked for the same mob. But we used the sim. in Maastricht for training. Even now I can remember the "Two blues, four greens. Trimmed up, locks out, water meth on (or off)" just before landing.

Piltdown Man
23rd Feb 2018, 11:52
To the OP - A CBT would be pretty useless. I don't think there are two identical F27's in the sky. The engines vary, the switches are migratory (ie. they keep moving around the cockpit), there are various electrical fits, radio fits and so on. The only standard things I think were leaky windows, a three position cockpit heater, pneumatics and fuel trimmers. What you need is help in passing the type exam and that is down to your employer and local CAA.