PDA

View Full Version : Atmosphere Intercontinental Airlines Uk - What?!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

NLC1072
21st Feb 2018, 08:04
Atmosphere Intercontinental Airlines Uk

I don't know how they've got this far, but its a complete joke!!!

facebook.com/AtmosphereIntercontinentalAirlinesUk

atmosphereairlinesuk.com

Registered under a virtual address in London, with a Thai phone number.

Then this;

"9 February at 10:35 ·
TEMP TO PERM - OFFICE ADMIN STAFF REQUIRED! Monday - Friday 8-4pm. We are looking for up to 4 temporary staff to join our Chelmsford office. The positions are temp to perm based on your performance. These are admin roles so any previous admin skills you have will be looked at favourably. If you are interested then please send your CV to [email protected]."

Suddenly their address moves to 117 Watson Heights, Chelmsford CM1 1AG. This is a residential, rented address!

This story appears on their facebook news feed;

"Our Team is headed by CEO Mr Jason Unsworth a very multi talented entrepreneur and Chairman Donald Unsworth a House Builder by profession and frequent flyer of many airlines including Virgin Atlantic, Norweigen, My Travel and JMC Airlines.

Former COO of Lot Polish Airlines and CEO of Lot Polish Express founder of Enter Air and Fly Blu Poland is our COO for our UK operation.

Michelle Bell is presently British Airways Ground and Inflight Heathrow Operations Manager, who will join us on launching Atmosphere Airlines at Heathrow.

Ersin Aryn is Managing Director and Head of Cabin Crew for our UK operations joining him will be Ella Sands who is the Lead SEP Cabin Crew Trainer at FlyDubai and has been with the airline since launching 12 years ago. Having worked at FlyGlobeSpan prior to this.

Fadil Shamtally will join us as our revenue manger from Etihad Airways.

Sophia Augusta will join us as our Cargo Manager from Qatar Airways.

Raffaello Bonanni Joins us as our Pilot Instructor from Emirates Airline and will head our executive gulfstream fleet project for royal charters.

Peter Styren a former American Airlines FAA Federal Pilot of 35 years joins us as our Chief Boeing Pilot."

From what I can see, they have a gofund me page that has reached £2000, of which I am sure is being used to send to his Thai bride who looking at her facebook lives in Thailand...

Your comments welcome.

Anybody ever find any other "start ups" that are this comical?

KelvinD
21st Feb 2018, 16:42
This topic has been covered under the Airlines, Airports & Routes forum.
I just took a look at their web site. Obviously, grammar and spelling will not be their "USP"!
On the other hand, there is this:
https://www.prbuzz.com/business-entrepreneur/445097-atmosphere-intercontinental-airlines-signs-5-year-contract-with-intelisys-aviation-systems.html
A laugh a minute!

El Bunto
22nd Feb 2018, 20:02
They do appear to be real people that they have listed, and their current occupations are correct as far as a snoop on LinkedIn shows. Which makes it either incredibly ballsy or totaly true.

I have no idea which!

Donkey497
22nd Feb 2018, 20:27
I'm sorry to say that their website is one of the worst examples of advanced cruelty to the common or garden apostrophe that I have seen in many years.

AeroSpark
22nd Feb 2018, 22:30
I'm sorry to say that their website is one of the worst examples of advanced cruelty to the common or garden apostrophe that I have seen in many years.

Not to mention the comma, full stop, or capital letter...:=:}

5711N0205W
23rd Feb 2018, 21:27
Atmosphere’s business plan is aimed at becoming the World’s Safest Airline, with a heavy focus on implementing and exploring existing and innovative solutions in terms of security, safety, punctuality, service and comfort.

:D

Have some characters...

TCU
25th Feb 2018, 16:19
I wonder if they will use Russ Abbott singing "Atmosphere" for their marketing campaign?

A330ETOPS
20th Mar 2018, 22:17
Apparently they have signed a contract with Hi Fly for ACMI A330’s.... Seems highly unlikely to me

chevvron
21st Mar 2018, 04:53
They do appear to be real people that they have listed, and their current occupations are correct as far as a snoop on LinkedIn shows. Which makes it either incredibly ballsy or totaly true.

I have no idea which!

Doesn't matter 'cos they'll never get a slot at Heathrow.

pax britanica
21st Mar 2018, 07:38
Who are these fantasists that crop up from time to time.

Slots at LHR , more chance of having a security company say their business plan is to take over guarding the Crown jewels. And even if they did get a slot well Chelmsford would be the perfect place for offices wouldn't it .

Good for a laugh tho first thing in morning

If you say so
20th Nov 2018, 11:01
According to their publicity Atmosphere have apparently ordered 2 A359's and are also now holding assessment days. Whilst I hold very similar opinions to those already posted here regarding their legitimacy (or lack thereof); unless we're wrong then actually holding out to engage with people for recruitment purposes (with false hope and associated expenses likely to be incurred by candidates) is going too far in their little fantasy World. See below lifted from their FB page

"Mountain High Consultants are opening recruitment for Cabin Crew and Pilots from December 1st.
Cabin Crew assessment days will take place at Great Hallingbury Manor hotel in Stansted in December 11, 19, 22 and 28.
Pilot assessment days will take place at:
December 11th- Radisson Blu London Heathrow
December 12th- Radisson Blu London Heathrow
December 14th- Radisson Blu London Stansted
December 18th- Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport
December 19th- Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport
December 23rd- Hilton Garden Inn Hatton Cross

With pilot sim days for successful candidates:
January 1,2,3,4,5,6 and 9,10 at CAE Oxford.

We are just finishing writing up training programmes for pilots and cabin crew.
Looking for experienced Cabin Crew and Pilots, for A340-600 Type Aircrafts."

Has anyone found a shred of counter-evidence that gives credence to their plans?

DaveReidUK
20th Nov 2018, 16:48
Well I'm convinced:

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/720x360/dseb_mux0aaxwcp_c4ef02fefbc0f4ecc1f13354bef2f29956115920.jpg

STN/BKK 3 pw
STN/CUN 1 pw
STN/JRO 1 pw
STN/SGN 1 pw
STN/SIN 1 pw
STN/KBV 1 pw
STN/TFS 1 pw

https://atmosphereairlinesuk.com/flight-schedule

Strangely, no trace of them on the Stansted website, but I'm sure that's just a matter of time ...

:O

rog747
20th Nov 2018, 16:59
When SOU airport MD had a twitter show last month this lot tweeted for enquiries for Ops into SOU :eek:

Some little teen in his bedroom in Essex ?

If you say so
20th Nov 2018, 17:50
We’ve all dreamed of a new venture doing it better than it’s ever been done; I still remember putting an unbeatable and un-tapped UK domestic schedule together on a bar napkin in Moscow (assisted manfully at the time by Captain Smirnoff ����) The following morning, the plan was agreed to be utter tosh!

There is however some kind of firm belief behind these guys which shouts out either an unprecedented level of naivety or perhaps something more sinister by way of financial gain.

As a side note, then according to twttr the CEO also wants to be UK Prime Minister in 2022.

sixchannel
20th Nov 2018, 19:26
When SOU airport MD had a twitter show last month this lot tweeted for enquiries for Ops into SOU :eek:

Some little teen in his bedroom in Essex ?

Probably the Schoolboy who was starting up his own Blackpool based airline.

rationalfunctions
21st Nov 2018, 04:28
There is however some kind of firm belief behind these guys which shouts out either an unprecedented level of naivety or perhaps something more sinister by way of financial gain.

Couldn't agree more. I'm fairly convinced that this is all a fraud to raise cash through their GoFundMe page - it's looks too detailed to be just a prank (with 'website' and social media presence) and yet too specific to be pure naivety (such as their 'timetable' and mention on website of various certification in progress). Hopefully someone will flag this as a potential fraud risk to GoFundMe - I can't from abroad given IP restrictions.

CheshireChap
21st Nov 2018, 08:56
I actually reported it to GoFundMe a few days back, just waiting on a response now.
I have no doubt that this is a sham albeit with some relatively fair research behind it.

Hotel Tango
21st Nov 2018, 09:52
I tell you what, even if it was totally genuine (which it isn't) the last thing I would fund is a new airline. Sure way of kissing my precious $$$ goodbye, con or no con! :)

treadigraph
21st Nov 2018, 10:35
I see two of the principals concerned are confident enough in their endeavours to fund it to the tune of a fiver each...

treadigraph
21st Nov 2018, 12:27
Just looking through the site again...

It occurs to me that in order to rob others, some people know how to weaver tale or two. Not that I'm suggesting this is indeed the case or there are even any connections, just a similarity...

If you say so
21st Nov 2018, 12:57
Looks like the lies have finally caught up with the main protagonist. Looking at the traffic on their Linked..in and Face..book pages today he's perhaps told one to many tall tales.

Brief overview of the fun -
Atmos - Guys! We've ordered some brand new A359's for delivery in Feb 2019.
Commentator - Great, but those photo's are A340's.
Atmos - Erm, yes, erm AerCap have screwed up, and so they won't be ready until November 2019. We're erm, chartering these A340's in the interim.
Owner of said A340's - Ooookay, but not these one's you ain't! By the way who are you again? Don't think we've met.
Aercap - Ooookay, but sorry, no A359's avail at all next year. By the way who are you? Don't think we've met.
Another commentator - Right, so you're chartering - whose AOC will they be on?
Atmos - We're applying for our own AOC etc etc
Commentator - but you said chartering; perhaps then u mean a lease?
Atmos - (silence)...I think at that point his mind just went "tilt".

If it wasn't for the potentially sinister intent, and the associated damage this sort of activity can cause, then I for one wouldn't be able to wait for the next series of "An Airline in my Mind"!

DaveReidUK
21st Nov 2018, 13:11
https://twitter.com/atmosphereairuk/status/1064997927246950400

Aso
21st Nov 2018, 14:40
and frequent flyer of many airlines including Virgin Atlantic, Norweigen, My Travel and JMC Airlines.

Mmm... I went to good restaurants all my life... Does that make me a good cook? :rolleyes:

Captivep
21st Nov 2018, 14:45
I don't think it's an attempt at a scam (£2000 in 22 months and real names used) but, of course, neither is it a serious attempt at a start up. On the Founder's linkedin page his ambition is to turn it into the world's biggest airline; it's clearly a fantasy back bedroom project.

One does wonder, though, why they then tweet such nonsense as the post above!

TwinAisle
23rd Nov 2018, 10:27
In honour of the Chairman of Atmosphere.... and with apologies to Andy Stewart.....

To the Tune of Donald where’s yer Troosers

I've just come down
From the Flight Line, so
I'm not very big and I'm awfully slow
And the Engineers shout where ‘er I go
Donald, where's your Airbus?

[Chorus:]
Let the wind blow high
Let the wind blow low
Through Toulouse
In my kilt, I'll go
All the Engineers do crow

Now I went down to London Town
And I had some fun in the underground
The bankers turned their heads around
Saying, Donald, where is your Airbus?

Let the wind blow high
Let the wind blow low
NatWest called me a so and so
The bankers told me where to go
‘Cos I can’t afford an Airbus

AirCap joined our happy band
The Fake Sheikh promised to lend a hand
But Stansted threatened to have me banned
Because I had nae Airbus!

Let the wind blow high
Let the wind blow low
GoFundMe -
I’ll have a go!
All the airline pros say “oh,
Donald, where's your Airbus?”

I’m a frequent flying Chelmsford man
You write what you like
I don’t give a damn
Although what I spout is a load of spam
‘Cos I dinnae have an Airbus!

Let the wind blow high
Let the wind blow low
I’m going to set up an MRO
And the C-check costs will be awfully low
‘Cos I dinnae have an Airbus

I've just come back
From the baggage claim
With Atmosphere I’ll make my name
In actual fact, this is pretty lame
When you dinnae have an Airbus….

Let the wind blow low
Let the wind blow high
Down to LSG I’ll fly
Loads of sarnies there I’ll spy
But no sign of my Airbus!

Ma wee son thinks he gonna fly
Wee dogs and cats and ladies Thai
But everybody else knows he’s high and dry
Cos he dinnae have an Airbus!

Let the wind blow high
Let the wind blow low
Off to ATC I go
But radar shows what we all do know
I dinnae have an Airbus!

Wee Jason went to EAG
And begged them for a 340
‘Cos everyone else could plainly see
He dinnae have an Airbus!

Let the wind blow high
Let the wind blow low
To 40,000 feet I’ll go
But getting there
Will be really slow
‘Cos I dinnae have an Airbus

Turns out the “AerCap men” were crooks
Had no 350s on their books
They won’t get a second look
When I go to buy my Airbus!

Let the wind blow low
Let the wind blow high
I’ve been misled, well slap my thigh
My plan’s to take YOU for a ride
But never on an Airbus!

I’m going to see the CAA
To get my AOC, hey hey!
I’m told it only takes a day
And THEN I’ll get my Airbus!

Let the wind blow high
Let the wind blow low
Down Kingsway in my kilt I’ll go
But to get that AOC I know
I gotta get an Airbus!

To tweet and tweet is my delight
It is not wrong, I know it's right
Boeing would surely get a fright
If they saw me in my Airbus!

Let the wind blow high
Let the wind blow low
Through Stansted
In my kilt, I'll go
All the Hosties there do crow

treadigraph
23rd Nov 2018, 10:35
Magnifique! :D

Looks like he's found some suitable aircraft...

https://twitter.com/atmosphereairuk/status/1065868637431455744

If you say so
23rd Nov 2018, 10:35
BRILLIANT!!

sixchannel
23rd Nov 2018, 11:01
Awesome! Thank you for brightening up this dull day.

If you say so
23rd Nov 2018, 12:22
Further to the last in which both AerCap and European Aviation directly refuted claims as made by this womble; now both CAE and even Great Hallingbury Manor have confirmed in writing that no such assessment bookings are held as were expressly stated by Jason Unsworth in Social Media.

There's no doubt at all this is pure unadulterated fantasy from start to finish; and thankfully almost opportunity to him make gain through this fraud must now be vanishingly small - yet still he continues to bombard Social Media. Fun to watch, but Jason do yourself a favour - put your hands up, then go disappear for a while. You are dealing with some big players who will not hesitate to pursue legal avenues to maintain their good names and decisively ensure that you do not continue to associate your "venture" with them.

sixchannel
23rd Nov 2018, 13:06
A quick call to the Meeting and Events Coordinator, Steph Hughes, at Crowne Plaza, MAN confirmed NO SUCH MEETINGS BOOKED AND NEVER HEARD OF ATMOSPHERE.
I have to wonder - what is the point of it all?

DaveReidUK
23rd Nov 2018, 13:35
I have to wonder - what is the point of it all?

No idea what the point is - but the result could well be some seriously p*ss*d-off pilots and cabin crew who show up on spec.

USERNAME_
23rd Nov 2018, 20:36
According to his multiple twitter accounts, he is also running for 2022 Prime Minister, is currently an advisor to Theresa May, wants to create a new airline alliance, build a new airport in Thailand, create a cargo airline, create an airline in the UK, an airline in Thailand, an airline in Dubai and an airline in india, he also wants to build a hangar in stansted, and is looking to purchase flybe and jet airways.

Furthermore, he is running a dog and cat shelter in Thailand which is supposedly taking peoples donations.

EDIT: And also runs a charity called change for asia, the only followers of which are his family members.

EDIT2: Seems he is now blaming the director of MAEL for his lies, this is better than daytime TV.

A330ETOPS
23rd Nov 2018, 21:37
https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/539x452/pprune_e491718a09870cda9bde71e9741f18ca93d868ef.jpg

docstone
24th Nov 2018, 08:31
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/544x800/46513654_253320815351413_3658191394540879872_n_86de63195c59d 720c1aecb5e7de54925f6498d5d.jpg

From a quick interweb search - this apparently from a disgruntled dog lover about an alleged 'save the dogs' scam in Asia. Were these perhaps the same unfortunate animals who were to be re-deployed as in-flight security?

A330ETOPS
24th Nov 2018, 08:53
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/640x960/48f1eabf_a927_4b75_b295_bd369f1f380c_caf099e1ed92f91c7811f70 b37ec323d8ce5f2c2.jpeg
You mean these dogs 😆😆

treadigraph
24th Nov 2018, 09:03
Barking... absolutely barking... :p

First.officer
24th Nov 2018, 09:51
All levity and joking aside, reading through all of this - maybe the chap has a bonafide psychological issue? and therefore needs some help? seems a little too OTT for my way of thinking, and doesn't appear to be an outright attempt to defraud/swindle? Just saying....

TwinAisle
24th Nov 2018, 10:45
All levity and joking aside, reading through all of this - maybe the chap has a bonafide psychological issue? and therefore needs some help? seems a little too OTT for my way of thinking, and doesn't appear to be an outright attempt to defraud/swindle? Just saying....

A fair point - but remember that his mother, father and wife are all in on the joke/scam as well....

docstone
24th Nov 2018, 11:02

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/640x960/48f1eabf_a927_4b75_b295_bd369f1f380c_caf099e1ed92f91c7811f70 b37ec323d8ce5f2c2.jpeg
You mean these dogs 😆😆

I think it highly likely you're right (I have professional qualifications that add to that view) - there is a level of delusion and self-agrandisment that are outside normal self-confidence .The 'Goldwater Rule' applies though and I won't be tempted to a diagnosis.

I do think though that whatever might be underlying pathology, is minimalised by aggressive and frankly hostile responses to genuine offers of pro bono help from industry experts in the early days: and once money is being sought and naives induced to play a part, pragmatism comes to the forefront .

Global_Global
24th Nov 2018, 12:49
I think this is the Love child of the Guvnor and Walter Mitty... Same DNA :\

Only thing missing is the use of L1011s

If you say so
24th Nov 2018, 13:03
First.officer - I do understand your train of thought, and yes the is likely to be some kind of more serious issue behind his actions. This is deserving of sympathy and he does need support of the kind we are sadly unable to give.

That said, this guy does have form for trying to raise money in a fraudulent manner; his whole family are actively involved in the whole scheme, and he is certainly raising false hopes of employment opportunity on both sides of the World.

Today he has however surpassed himself by specifically naming in person, a previous detractor, in public social media and making ludicrous and totally false claim of fraud against Atmosphere (oh the irony). I know the guy named (an ex-colleague now in a senior mgt position within our industry); And I can utterly vouch for his integrity.

False character assassinations is now raising the bar. The little boy needs to go away fast before his game really comes back to bite him. As far as I’m aware, two entities are now pursuing legal means to silence him.

docstone
24th Nov 2018, 15:33
First.officer - I do understand your train of thought, and yes the is likely to be some kind of more serious issue behind his actions. This is deserving of sympathy and he does need support of the kind we are sadly unable to give.

That said, this guy does have form for trying to raise money in a fraudulent manner; his whole family are actively involved in the whole scheme, and he is certainly raising false hopes of employment opportunity on both sides of the World.

Today he has however surpassed himself by specifically naming in person, a previous detractor, in public social media and making ludicrous and totally false claim of fraud against Atmosphere (oh the irony). I know the guy named (an ex-colleague now in a senior mgt position within our industry); And I can utterly vouch for his integrity.

False character assassinations is now raising the bar. The little boy needs to go away fast before his game really comes back to bite him. As far as I’m aware, two entities are now pursuing legal means to silence him.

On what channel were these allegations written?

If you say so
24th Nov 2018, 15:40
Tw1tter

The boy has more such accounts than he knows what to do with, but I think it was @atmosphereairuk . He’s also just bought a new HQ building in BKK.

sixchannel
24th Nov 2018, 15:49
EDIT2: Seems he is now blaming the director of MAEL for his lies, this is better than daytime TV.

that may well be a Fantasy too far!
However, being out in Thailand he may well feel ''untouchable' by The Law, and probably is.
And I​​​​​​I would be surprised if the Social Media people did anything about complaints.

treadigraph
24th Nov 2018, 16:04
I think fortunately this guy is just a fantasist and nothing like as nasty as the guvnor, thank god.

I'm going to set up a flying air museum with every type of vintage and classic aeroplane. Think I'll get anywhere raising the £squillion I'll need on gofundme? 😊

First.officer
24th Nov 2018, 16:16
Some good points - it is very odd that the family seem to be playing along, hadn't really considered that. Perhaps they are convinced by the idea, mainly through lack of knowledge? who knows. It's a bit sad to see it IMHO, as it surely must be delusion? - one member allegedly engaged as part of the team due to extensive travelling as a passenger on VA flights, thus making said person an expert!? wow! and this stuff is the fuel on the fire by my thinking....

docstone
24th Nov 2018, 16:42
On what channel were these allegations written?

i'm blocked on Twitter, but seen via a colleague. This has moved from the comedic to the pathological.

pwalhx
24th Nov 2018, 21:26
I am impressed that the three directors are Chief Executive, Managing Director and CEO.

sixchannel
24th Nov 2018, 21:50
I am impressed that the three directors are Chief Executive, Managing Director and CEO.
However does he make a decision? ;-)

whisky777
25th Nov 2018, 08:46
More info here:
https://www.facebook.com/against.cat.and.dog.eating.page/posts/fraudfakechangeforasia-scamchangeforasia-scamcharity-twitter-account-httpstwitte/1420659994627403/

All very strange...

PS. link not showing up - look up f@@@book scam change for asia

sixchannel
25th Nov 2018, 08:57
More info here:
https://www.facebook.com/against.cat.and.dog.eating.page/posts/fraudfakechangeforasia-scamchangeforasia-scamcharity-twitter-account-httpstwitte/1420659994627403/

All very strange...

PS. link not showing up - look up f@@@book scam change for asia
Tried that - nothing showed.
Looks like ''someone" pulled the content.

SOPS
25th Nov 2018, 08:58
I see on their web site they want 777 and 787 pilots as well. This must be some sort of very elaborate joke....it must be?

sixchannel
25th Nov 2018, 09:37
I see on their web site they want 777 and 787 pilots as well. This must be some sort of very elaborate joke....it must be?
Not a joke.
Just the ravings of a Delusional.
Cursory checks prove there is no such airline as Atmosphere Intercontinental.
No hotel bookings for Pilot hirings, no aircraft on lease or even in the future, no AOC - de nada.
Bonkers!

whisky777
25th Nov 2018, 10:29
Link is still there... someone did some research about one of 'his charities'. This guy is ex ground staff at Stansted, ex - Primark assistant and ex cabin crew trainee (never flew as crew). Since leaving Primark, he became CEO of this 'airline'. All very dubious indeed and there is lots more info on that page! It's quite sad really... but worrying that people are falling for it...

spammers
25th Nov 2018, 20:40
Twitter has all his details , just search google and images and you can see what a con artist this is . Waste of the gas surrounding the earth but do agree with a previous post that he might need a little help from a mental hospital so don’t be to tough.

Jason stop using professional media to build people’s hopes and dreams and find anoner way to sing the song

signed with the help of friends

“Mr Donald where’s your trousrs”

Hotel Tango
26th Nov 2018, 10:12
but worrying that people are falling for it

And unfortunately those that do fall for it maybe do so because of of their own desperation!

If you say so
26th Nov 2018, 10:51
Whilst we all agree there is likely to be a mental issue at the root of his behaviour; he has so far has taken funds by way of donations to assist in this airline set-up, explicitly sought further investment in this venture, made wholly inaccurate and libellous claims against both organisation AND named individuals within our industry, openly lied about relationships, bookings, contracts and agreements with numerous organisations; raised false hope of opportunity....I could go on. All backed up by a track record of similar activities in other areas (including the raising of donations in the name of charity).

He needs to be stopped. Like many others, I am blocked on most of his media platforms (he has a reluctance to hearing the truth); if only for his own good. What stated out as a humorous side-show (with equally humorous grammar) is now becoming something much more serious - especially to him. Any ideas as to how he can (legally) be persuaded to just go away?

sixchannel
26th Nov 2018, 14:50
Only those who he has actually libelled can sue for libel and defamation of character. It cant be raised by a third party.
I would guess that GoFundMe, Facebook, Twitter etc couldn't care less about complaints anyway.
A puzzle indeed.
Would be interesting to find out who is ''bankrolling' his fantasies. He wont have made a lot of money at Primark.

TwinAisle
26th Nov 2018, 16:26
He has also arranged on social media a number of walk up recruitment events at various locations - none of which seem to have been booked with the venues concerned. The nature of these things is that people just turn up without asking for further info - so he is costing people who perhaps can ill afford them money and time.

He has developed a pattern on his media sites - make an outrageous claim (ordering A350s for example), waiting for the howls of laughter/objections from the pros, arguing faintly and then posting all manner of crap - about Brexit, Theresa May, other airlines’ news, Thailand tourism pictures etc etc - to make the original item sink without trace down the page.

I’ve no clue on his motives but he clearly isn’t starting an airline.

vs69
26th Nov 2018, 18:04
Aww I got blocked on twitter just as it was getting interesting. He has countered the legal threat with a legal threat, plus he's telling the CAA... look forward to seeing him get sued for libel.

sixchannel
27th Nov 2018, 08:24
He has also arranged on social media a number of walk up recruitment events at various locations - none of which seem to have been booked with the venues concerned. The nature of these things is that people just turn up without asking for further info - so he is costing people who perhaps can ill afford them money and time.

He has developed a pattern on his media sites - make an outrageous claim (ordering A350s for example), waiting for the howls of laughter/objections from the pros, arguing faintly and then posting all manner of crap - about Brexit, Theresa May, other airlines’ news, Thailand tourism pictures etc etc - to make the original item sink without trace down the page.

I’ve no clue on his motives but he clearly isn’t starting an airline.
See Post 30. I wasnt the first to enquire either.

TwinAisle
27th Nov 2018, 21:48
Another two observations - he has a myriad of Tw1tter accounts but the three latest ones seem to be:

@AirAtmosSupport (https://twitter.com/AirAtmosSupport) - this started off being presented as a professional PR team in LA. Why LA, he is not planning any US destinations, but there you go. It is now being deluged in quotes from Theresa May in support of Brexit, which I can't imagine a professional PR company doing, I think it's him.

@Utapao_Airport (https://twitter.com/Utapao_Airport) - loads of Atmosphere twaddle, and news about the temporary closure of the southern runway in DXB etc. Why would an airport with no connections to DXB care? Again, I think it's him.

@HubStansted (https://twitter.com/HubStansted) - puff about the airport, nowhere near professional enough to be from the airport, and guess which airline? Yep, reckon this is him as well.

If his whole family weren't playing along I think we could dismiss this as harmless fantasy.... but......

If you say so
28th Nov 2018, 06:14
Ref the Utapao Tw1tter; yep defo him for sure - tweeting past posts about Atmosphere directly as their own, as well as re-tweeting. What's worse is making out that it is the official account for the airport (reference to "we" in the account text). For what it's worth, email sent to Utapao Airport to notify; just hope their English is better than my Thai!

The Stansted account is also him; no doubt that there is a clear intimation to be more official than they are; unfortunately I can't see any clear evidence that they are expressly making out to be an official STN account.

Ref the Atmos support account - for a PR team, those girls REALLY need to work on their social media presence...they do not exist anywhere else on the entire Internet! Perhaps I'm being unfair; after all I'm sure Atmosphere generates enough interest to keep them all busy with just the one client :)

Captivep
28th Nov 2018, 09:17
It's possible, of course, that his family don't know that they are involved.

TwinAisle
28th Nov 2018, 09:23
It's possible, of course, that his family don't know that they are involved.

His parents are both signed up as directors of his company, and if that was done without their consent the legal implications are very severe.

Plus they are plastered all over social media. Someone would have spotted that and told them even if they were blissfully unaware.

On balance I think that they are in on the joke...

Captivep
28th Nov 2018, 10:37
His parents are both signed up as directors of his company, and if that was done without their consent the legal implications are very severe.

Plus they are plastered all over social media. Someone would have spotted that and told them even if they were blissfully unaware.

On balance I think that they are in on the joke...
I accept that it's unlikely that they don't know, but it wouldn't be the first time someone has named false (even non-existent) people as directos of a company...

TwinAisle
28th Nov 2018, 10:41
Lordy, if they don’t exist or have passed away we’re into a whole new galaxy of madness and/or fraud!

I do wonder if he treating them both like bit part players in the Essex version of ‘Goodbye Lenin’.... coming up with increasingly bizarre reasons why people keep asking how their airline is coming along. “Airline? What airline?”

:)

If you say so
28th Nov 2018, 12:11
https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/706x727/capture_1_813488b0cbf361fe58a05dbb5907f4888a96b20c.jpg

Actively looking for $$$, and actively involved with Atmosphere...

TwinAisle
28th Nov 2018, 18:10
Good grief....

'[email protected]'

IS? Not US? Whoops....

bamcb38c
1st Dec 2018, 13:31
I contacted Michelle Bell on Facebook and predictably she has no involvement with this scam and has asked to be removed from website.

rationalfunctions
3rd Dec 2018, 01:59
If You Say So; that twitter feed also looks rather suspect. I wonder if UTP's management are aware...

If you say so
3rd Dec 2018, 11:24
rational - email has been sent to the generic address on their website. Not sure if it will be read??

bamcb38c - good call. There was a looong list of other senior staff members from various Middle Eastern airlines and further afield. Perhaps they're all equally in the dark about their new career move? He seems to have gone a little quiet over the past few days. Perhaps he's coming to his senses....doubt it though.

bamcb38c
4th Dec 2018, 13:34
I was assuming that either someone at the respective social media outlets had finally realised it was a scam account or that some legal action had been taken.

If you say so
4th Dec 2018, 13:39
Hopefully so. Although as a long-time "admirer" of his work, I note that he did tend to go through phases of noise followed by periods of silence.

Would almost be a shame to lose the entertainment, but he has without any doubt stepped over a very serious line recently; with likely (and well deserved) consequences.

A330ETOPS
5th Dec 2018, 11:57
My friend is a trainer with Fly Dubai. Unsworth had her photo, description and how she was joining the team as head of Cabin Crew.

She knew nothing about this at all and had to email to get her info taken down off the site

wub
5th Dec 2018, 13:01
GoFundMe account is closed with £2030 raised

bamcb38c
7th Dec 2018, 08:13
The twitter accounts are active again this morning, asking for investment. This time using 777s

sixchannel
7th Dec 2018, 08:17
The twitter accounts are active again this morning, asking for investment. This time using 777s
Obviously completely off his chuff.
I dont use twitter twitter but is it not possible to tell Twitter that it is FRAUD for someone to advertise investment for
something that does not exist?

sixchannel
7th Dec 2018, 09:01
A quick peruse through their Registration docs is ''ntereresting'
Run from a terraced Council house in Chelmsford (nothing wrong with housing for the disadvantaged - just saying).
Google Earth shows a bashed up Mk2 Fiesta on the front path.
One of the Directors, Gayna, so one assumes female and the Wife of Donald Unsworth, is listed as 'MR' therefore male underneath which it states 'formerly known as Jason Unsworth'. Er - Jason Unsworth is already the 'CEO' (LMAO!) as listed on the Reg.
False presentation to Comanies House methinks.
I do wonder too if Jason Unsworth actually has a Real Job or is claiming Jobseekers Allowance to which he may not be entitled as CEO of an International Airline.

A330ETOPS
7th Dec 2018, 09:53
Unsworth recently posted an image on one of his Twitter feeds of his daughters passport application, listing his occupation as a DJ :ugh:

CroqueMonsieur
7th Dec 2018, 12:31
There are certain words which cheapen a brand and reduce my confidence in a company using them. For me it’s global, intercontinental and when tiny companies use ‘part of the <<insert name nobody has ever heard of>> group’ to make them seem bigger than they are.

If you say so
10th Dec 2018, 07:45
Just when we thought he'd gone away, our favourite waste of time is back again. According to FBook Atmosphere are now looking for Social Media staff (wonder what happened to those three imaginary American girls?). Also, their plans have apparently switched from Airbus to Boeing - probably due to the availability issues of leasing imaginary Airbus aircraft with imaginary money.

Anyone fancy contacting ref the Social media role to have a play from the inside? I'd do it myself, but unfortunately Jason doesn't appreciate my slightly negative attitude towards his "unique" venture!

rogera
10th Dec 2018, 13:16
back in 2007 I tried to assist the founder of UK International Airlines, a Sheffield based startup airline which had bought 2 ex United Airlines B 767s and was planning to operate from East Midlands airport to Islamabad via Shariah 2 or 3 times a week. I very quickly become aware of the complex regulatory requirements for setting up a UK based airline, and the enormous amount of working capital required to launch a scheduled airline with only 2 aircraft. Unfortunately UKIA only lasted a few months before it stopped trading and I suspect the founder lost an enormous amount of family money in the process. I understand that so far this chap has raised about £2,000 via a gofundme website which is an absolute joke. I hope people steer well clear of him and his " airline "

If you say so
11th Dec 2018, 07:49
A selection of Unsworth's other interests below - certainly a diverse portfolio. I think he's trying to save the World one country at a time. Note all of the tw1tter pagers have a go fund me (mostly now defunct) campaign attached to them.

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/1088x705/atm_1_69134dec98da1ebf28b45788f2da266193726f54.jpg
https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/1127x743/atm_3_48e352066351eb5ab795b0db0f2c7ee06933f2ea.jpg
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/1264x811/atm_4_5e212fcaf18b0d4eee05055f736a433c4b7107ba.jpg
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/1310x766/atm_2_a73ded0972d78c9c221f5bb97b60fd6c0fc39775.jpg
https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/1141x791/atm_5_2d4c93149528ce24c2022729cd18d49979733525.jpg
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/1240x713/atm_6_ee008f9516309d7ba77e4ff170bb8d8e403297b5.jpg
https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/1182x687/atm_7_7d7629a74b03c8e9ae7b6f26241bf28cecae2141.jpg

If you say so
11th Dec 2018, 08:02
Oh, and another character to add to the mix. Shame is that the does not seem to exist anywhere else on the internet (a bit like the US Social Media team); and she has a very similar tw1tter feed demographic to our friend Jason.

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/1127x792/atm_8_d23b800f875cf997dcc29b64d9fd9c164bb8a86c.jpg

babylon492
11th Dec 2018, 20:46
About the social media team in CA, seems they were students at Pepperdine employed under false contracts, who now seem to be taking the relevant person(s) to Court through the courts in California.

whisky777
12th Dec 2018, 08:05
He's still posting a lot on linked in....here's the latest:
"Atmosphere Thai Air, over the last few months purchased and converted four sea view town houses, and converted them into 36 hotel rooms... spending near to 45 Million Thai Baht, the project is ongoing... with a second building next door to be converted into an HQ building for Atmosphere Thai Air our new premium Thai based airline, which will include a training center yet to be built on the same land, the hotel will be used for pilot and crew layovers, as well as customers, the training center will be equipped with simulators for Pilot training, and offices/classrooms for our ground staff and inflight staff... the project is ongoing and we are on schedule to complete the HQ building in the next 3 months... and complete the training academy in 6 months... all media and press related questions should be directed to our email address at ..."
Presumably that's from the recently closed go fund me account :roll eyes: Oh and I nearly forgot, yesterday he was posting about obtaining 3 AOC's in different countries... It is kind of entertaining, sadly. But, I hope prospective employees find this thread before becoming part of these tall tales!

Hotel Tango
12th Dec 2018, 11:14
When are the men in white coats going to knock on his door?

rationalfunctions
14th Dec 2018, 02:59
or the forensic auditors?

If you say so
14th Dec 2018, 12:29
Further to a previous post regarding the "Stansted mega hug" tw1tter page (another one of Jason's bits of fun); and the fact that he was apparently not overtly acting as if to be representing Stansted, see below -

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/740x301/atm_latest_6b4f6a59a1e5e50b7fab52133a84db659ed7a9db.jpg

Although it is clearly a direct copy of the re-tw33ted txt from the official page, he is specifically stating "our" within the text. By displaying the text, regardless of the source text also being shown (that being no mitigation), he is making out that he is acting on behalf of the airport with those words. I think STN will be aware of this shortly :)

TwinAisle
18th Dec 2018, 09:48
He's gone pretty quiet of late, and it looks like a large percentage of his Tw!tter accounts have gone the way of all flesh.... but he seems to be busy buying properties all over Greater Bangkok :)

Plus Mumbai seems to be back on the agenda, despite not being mentioned in the schedules. Wonder when Narnia International gets put on the books?

oncetwice123
20th Dec 2018, 05:14
I just registered now as I've been following this nonsense for 2 years or so!! On a miserable day, I love to check out the FB pages and this thread about this nutcase!!
So, Jason is CEO of the future airline of the world!! It was only 2 years ago when we met in Thailand at an English camp for kids! Whilst I was having a year away from everyday life, I took a year to enjoy Thailand. . Met this guy, very very strange... Definitely delusional.... To say he is forming the best airline the world has ever seen, he was slaving away 10 hour days for less than 20pound a day!!! One worrying factor is the numerous animal charities on Gayna's page (if she exists) I've seen people posting receipts donating hundreds of dollars each to rescue animals.. . This guy is scamming everyone and simply living off it in Thailand. . I don't know where to report but he needs to be stopped... Anyway, Love the comments here and looking forward to eventually buying a first class ticket for Atmosphere!!!! 😂😂😂

Rebel without a clue
22nd Dec 2018, 21:42
The problem with this clown isn’t that he holds zero credibility within professional aviation circles, it is simply that he is an out and out con artist. His twitter ramblings and incessant retweets of anything airline related are mildly amusing, especially as he takes himself so seriously when he is quite clearly ‘not the full fare’. However, as with his numerous other ‘fundraising’ scams such as the refugee hotel and the dog sanctuary, he is preying on the weakness or desperation of others to part them with their cash to fund his lifestyle in Thailand. He is actively trying to ‘recruit’ pilots and cabin staff, as well as ground handling staff, all of his are being encouraged to support this make believe airline and donate to the crowdfunding or pay for assessments.
The guy is a parasite, pure and simple!

oncetwice123
23rd Dec 2018, 02:00
I couldn't agree more mate. .. I found it amusing for the last year or 2 but after a bit more research, I realised he is completely screwing people along with his family (if they exist ) When I met him ,I knew he was a strange one... But this is serious... He's conning the average guy and is getting "donations" As you say, he's a horrible little parasite and he's funding his life through this.... Makes me sick to be honest. .. There's another go fund me where he begs for a Cambodian baby that got beat... A simple "Jason unsworth scam" on Google Images will show you... It's disgusting .. And best for him we don't cross paths again. . Dirty little snake

TwinAisle
23rd Dec 2018, 11:12
I read on an animal welfare charity Tw1tter feed much the same. Lots of money apparently raised and none went anywhere near the charity it was intended for.

This has to be reported to someone - if all this is true, it is fraud, pure and simple.

We can all laugh at his demented airline posts, but when he is costing real people money, time and reputations he needs to be stamped on hard.

TwinAisle
23rd Dec 2018, 17:39
Found the links:

https://pastebin.com/7v9S5zTT?fbclid=IwAR3I7r-JeT8gX3L-ya4T48OBsA7WBZtsl3r0KUSOfGa5wvNypXYAhpcB9-Y

Lines 39-42 are interesting....

https://bit.ly/2ShpHfx

Fascinating.

USERNAME_
23rd Dec 2018, 20:56
https://pastebin.com/7v9S5zTT?fbclid=IwAR3I7r-JeT8gX3L-ya4T48OBsA7WBZtsl3r0KUSOfGa5wvNypXYAhpcB9-Y

Lines 39-42 are interesting....

Definitely explains a lot. Good Find.

Rebel without a clue
23rd Dec 2018, 21:56
Unfortunately, St Andrews ward is the area of Chelmsford that this joker lives with his mother when not living off other people money in Thailand. The psychiatric unit would have been more advisable though.

TwinAisle
2nd Jan 2019, 14:37
Good news for them - my local hypermart has crew uniforms for the dogs :)

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/1500x2000/img_0536_cc3fd337b138e5ea50b1578f5f15299c71e95d3d.jpg

If you say so
11th Jan 2019, 09:38
Popped their heads over the parapet again today - According to Twitter they have entered in to a collaboration with "Italian Airlines" (who incidentally look barely more organised that Atmosphere). Apparently Italian already have agreements in place with Ryanair and Spirit to feed onto their long haul legs.

Also have entered into partnership with (sic) "another former Thai Airline who hold a valid AOL License" to establish a Thai AOC...then the usual rubbish about UK AOC to follow blah blah. Also renewed their investment requests.

TwinAisle
11th Jan 2019, 09:45
Their lack of industry knowledge never fails to amaze me. Why does he need two AOCs?

Who on earth are Italian Airlines? Does he mean Air Italy? I can't imagine they would entertain this farce for a coffee let alone any sort of agreement.

If you say so
11th Jan 2019, 10:03
My mistake it's Italian AIRWAYS. Apparently Italian Airways are indeed "a thing" (as the youth of today say). They too appear to be little more than some scribblings on a fag packet - planned for a 2018 launch etc. Definitely different people to Atmosphere, and am happy to be corrected if Italian Airlines have developed further than my initial check suggested. Either way I expect the relationship is likely fictitious.

TwinAisle
11th Jan 2019, 10:20
Never heard of them either - but Google has. If ever you want a précis of what is wrong with Italian aviation, this is it:

The airline is backed by a 50 million euro investment. It is led by Giuseppe Gentile, who founded Air Europe and Air Italy, and was also the CEO of Eurofly.

Need a bit more than that, sunshine.

Italian Airways initially plans to fly only from Milan Bergamo to North, Central and South America using leased B777-200s with 340 seats.
​​​​​​​

A LOT more with those sorts of routes....

The carrier is still awaiting its Air Operator Certificate (AOC).
​​​​​​​

You do surprise me.....

“We will not have problems [getting approval to start the airline]”, said Gentile....
​​​​​​​

And the 2018 start date?

....who expects his airline to reach its goal of 5,000 employees.

It has a goal, not in terms of fleet size, turnover, or profitability, but in terms of headcount. Yea gods and little fishes - or rather Divinità e piccoli pesci.... if you want a line that explains Alitalia, that is it.

I notice that young Jason is now listing his assets on his various social media channels but it is absolutely clear he doesn't understand what assets actually are. Giving him the benefit of the doubt and assuming he is not lying through his hat as per usual.....

A completed 36 room hotel complex.... and a head office building ready for interior and exterior renovation

I'm guessing the former could be an asset, but how was it funded if not with debt? And he keeps talking about his Chelmsford HQ, which is leased. So not an asset.

​​​​​​​36 acres of land in Thailand

Really?

​​​​​​​
A five (5) year contract with Intellisys Aviation for the use of the Amelia Res System,​​​

That's not an asset. That's just SAAS.

​​​​​​​A contract with Airbridge International Agencies...

That's not an asset. That's just a commercial agreement.

Nice try.

bamcb38c
16th Jan 2019, 08:07
Claiming on twitter this morningto have acquired city airways AOL to apply to get a Thai AOC in the next 4 months

TwinAisle
19th Jan 2019, 12:02
Now claiming that the booking engine will be live in March. He does know you need an AOC to sell seats??

Also, if has bought this airline (which was never wound up) he has acquired the debts. When the penny drops we should perhaps brace ourselves for a whole load of GoFundMe pages, hundreds of sick dog and cat stories and god knows what else....

Rupert369
22nd Jan 2019, 07:41
Saw this gem from him on Twitter this morning...

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/750x399/3a3fb5e4_75a2_4630_9d7e_84893c429e1b_fb8aeea10ed2a9af5db1ae0 3f319e76a9df5d292.jpeg

TwinAisle
22nd Jan 2019, 08:07
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/1518x1538/1246f420_ab0e_45d9_96da_9f7d26c815e1_00507920fd398e83c325750 3017a1626a76660e9.jpeg

AndoniP
22nd Jan 2019, 08:45
hahahaha, advisor to Theresa May???

running for PM?

my god

sixchannel
22nd Jan 2019, 09:38
I wonder if its about time some serious media attention was brought to bear on the Sham/scam/charade , (whatever) ?
surely any of the current affairs / rogue trader / investigative journalism style programmes would have a field day.
I for one would like to know what Jason Unsworth really does for a Day Job, or is he claiming benefit.
I asked BBC News if they were interested in looking into it but so far no answer.

DaveReidUK
22nd Jan 2019, 11:40
I wonder if its about time some serious media attention was brought to bear on the Sham/scam/charade , (whatever) ?
surely any of the current affairs / rogue trader / investigative journalism style programmes would have a field day.
I for one would like to know what Jason Unsworth really does for a Day Job, or is he claiming benefit.
I asked BBC News if they were interested in looking into it but so far no answer.

I'd be surprised if there was any interest from the media. If it's a scam, it's a particularly unsuccessful one.

Delusional wannabes aren't really newsworthy these days, there are too many of them.

Personally, I eagerly await each of Jason's successive announcements.

rog747
23rd Jan 2019, 10:45
The poor lad is completely deluded, and may have mental heath, or learning issues - His Mum and Dad really need to get behind this before he may wander himself in to some unfortunate formal ''trouble'' or worse, dangers from the dark web, or vengeful individuals.

I gather he was a check-in/PSA at STN for a handling agent or was it Jet2?

DaveReidUK
23rd Jan 2019, 15:46
His Mum and Dad really need to get behind this before he may wander himself in to some unfortunate formal ''trouble''

Looking at the company website, I think Mum and Dad may part of the problem ...

They are certainly involved in the organisation, maybe it's just a way of being able to keep tabs on Junior. Let's hope so.

rog747
24th Jan 2019, 13:53
Looking at the company website, I think Mum and Dad may part of the problem ...

They are certainly involved in the organisation, maybe it's just a way of being able to keep tabs on Junior. Let's hope so.

It seems from his FB and twitter pages seems that not so young lad Jason appears to live or spend a lot of time in Thailand and has a Thai bride and a couple of little nippers....:eek:
Wifey is the MD of Atmospheric International :8

TwinAisle
24th Jan 2019, 14:17
I suspect we are well past the 'oh, what a scamp, but he's good for a giggle' stage.

There is evidence that he has been involved in what look very much like charity scams.
He has made unsubstantiated allegations about industry professionals on public websites.
He has used people's names and photographs to suggest they are working for him, to gain credibility, when in fact they apparently know nothing about him.
He has lied about recruitment sessions, costing airline colleagues time and money.
He has repeatedly stated he has raised funds, and is about to start services, when both these claims are clearly a nonsense, in an attempt to raise funds.
He has broken CAA rules, although that behaviour seems to have ceased.
He consistently uses misleading language, particularly around his 'HQ' in Chelmsford.

It is blatantly clear to anyone with a shred of knowledge how the airline industry works that the guy has not got a hope in hell of starting an airline. With his track record and CV he is uninvestable; even to buy a bus ticket, let alone an Airbus. He is therefore either seriously deluded or is engaged in what smells very much like fraud. Either way, he needs to be stopped.

Aso
24th Jan 2019, 19:55
I suspect we are well past the 'oh, what a scamp, but he's good for a giggle' stage.

Yep. Looking him up on Linkedin made my day... Specially the security dogs on board :D That is probably the reason why he is looking for dogs in Bangkok :p

diffident
25th Jan 2019, 15:42

There is evidence that he has been involved in what look very much like charity scams.
He has made unsubstantiated allegations about industry professionals on public websites.
He has used people's names and photographs to suggest they are working for him, to gain credibility, when in fact they apparently know nothing about him.
He has lied about recruitment sessions, costing airline colleagues time and money.
He has repeatedly stated he has raised funds, and is about to start services, when both these claims are clearly a nonsense, in an attempt to raise funds.
He has broken CAA rules, although that behaviour seems to have ceased.
He consistently uses misleading language, particularly around his 'HQ' in Chelmsford.

It is blatantly clear to anyone with a shred of knowledge how the airline industry works that the guy has not got a hope in hell of starting an airline. With his track record and CV he is uninvestable; even to buy a bus ticket, let alone an Airbus. He is therefore either seriously deluded or is engaged in what smells very much like fraud. Either way, he needs to be stopped.

I'm inclined to believe that this Jason Unsworth is simply deluded, and actually does not realise the gravity of the situation he now finds himself in. On the face of it, a planned and continuing fraud on a number of levels are under way, and that is incredibly serious.

The reason why I come to the belief that he's deluded, is because he's done nothing to hide his details. Someone with the "intent" to perpetrate a fraud on this sort of level would surely not want to have on public record - their name, photographs, residential address and previous employment information!!!

As sad as this situation is, the judicial system will catch up with him sooner or later and the outcome for him will be severe, regardless of any mental health or learning difficulties, other health related matters etc.

A strange one to impersonate an airline yes, but the law is the law I'm afraid, and that's why I have little sympathy in this case. (Obviously, if evidence suddenly turns up to the contrary, I will retract my words, I'm not holding my breath however).

oncetwice123
25th Jan 2019, 23:23
I think he just figured out himself what he is!! !

This is copied from one of his his personal FB pages. ..I cannot attach screenshot as I'm a new member. .

***** My vision for a new airline the size of Emirates may lead to some people thinking I'm crazy, but most would like to see it, because, an airline is a culture, putting great people together to see what they can do when they put ideas together and implement them...

dc9-32
26th Jan 2019, 05:28
Are the parents deluded as well then ?

diffident
26th Jan 2019, 12:33
Are the parents deluded as well then ?

I would be astonished if his parents even know. You'd be amazed how much stuff you can register at someone else's address without them knowing. For example, in the UK, I could register a Limited Company with Companies House, at my parent's house, with my in-law's as named directors, with none of them even knowing anything about it.

DaveReidUK
26th Jan 2019, 13:01
For example, in the UK, I could register a Limited Company with Companies House, at my parent's house, with my in-law's as named directors, with none of them even knowing anything about it.

You don't think they would twig when the CT600 pops through the letterbox ?

TwinAisle
26th Jan 2019, 13:08
I think they must know. He is so public about this someone must have mentioned it to them ("how's your son's airline, Mrs U?")

If he has signed them up as directors without their consent that is a whole new level of naughtiness and criminality.....

TwinAisle
26th Jan 2019, 20:04
.... the Atmosphere A380 fleet.

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/1100x2000/248c353a_48b4_4864_b559_addfa6cebb31_19fb8e621492a944322d369 afcb211e45226dacd.jpeg

TwinAisle
31st Jan 2019, 13:22
It’s Jason’s brand new A7380-975 Super Turbo Advanced, with optional hush kits and burger griddle. Just been delivered to MUC (well, the plaza outside MUC)....

Direct to Pat Pong, brothers and sisters!

😀😜😀
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/1465x1101/34fb335b_fb2d_4daf_ac3f_f6e700c1db34_0ba23d0c23a36d37a17378f 43d65dc790fd7e72b.jpeg
​​​​​

Captivep
31st Jan 2019, 14:39
Slight (!) thread drift - just behind that thing is a bar which serves very cheap (and good) german beer actually brewed at the airport...

treadigraph
1st Feb 2019, 08:50
That does actually remind me of something, can't remember what...

By Northrop Raider out of Bennett Airtruck with a bit of Flying Flea thrown in.

Is that a Constellation nose wheel?

If you say so
12th Feb 2019, 14:00
It's all okay, Jason has agreed to be on the Board of a prospective purchaser (I use the term "prospective" loosely!) See Below -

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/517x608/tcook_6dad40c4b71d517498a286b0b67fd2ad0ed2ffb6.jpg
Assuming (perhaps charitably) this to be a legitimate purchase effort, the mere association with Jason would ring alarm bells as to what due diligence is actually being undertaken there. One name and the gravitas of the whole deal is shot to pieces!

KelvinD
12th Feb 2019, 15:19
Looking up Oleg on LinkedIn, I see he is looking for quesstimates for the value of Thomas Cook Airlines group and lists 18 aircraft of which only 3 belong to Thomas Cook Airlines (as distinct from Thomas Cook Airlines Balearics, Scandinavia or Belgium. The remainder appear to be Condor aircraft.
All the people listed in the above post are all super successful high flyers. Well, that's the impression they give in their LinkedIn profiles. Including the CEOs of some airlines.
While looking through LinkedIn, I thought I would look for friend Jason. He seems to have done some cabin crew training at BA. 7 months of it, with a group named Oyster Training! They appear to offer training in child minding, football match stewarding and food hygiene. Not to mention working at an Asian restaurant at Stansted, And, mustn't forget, 16 months working the customer refind and VAT returns desk at Primark in London.
Eminently suitable for the role of founder and CEO of a worldwide airline concern.

TwinAisle
12th Feb 2019, 15:44
I've been involved in quite a few airline take-overs, restructurings and sales. The golden rules are:

1. Get a credible team. That means people who have actually and successfully run airlines at CEO level.
2. Get a solid plan which details how much money you need and when you need it. A range of "$100m-$800m" as quoted by Unsworth suggests you're clueless.
3. Be clean and clear of any financial irregularities, real or imaginary (see many postings above!)
4. Know what you are doing - so you understand airline valuations (of which the fleet is only one part - debt? Forward sales? Pension liabilities? Aircraft PDPs?)
5. And above all - KEEP IT CONFIDENTIAL - don't do it on social media!

I would say Unsworth and Oleg score 0/5 on these rules.

Oleg seems to be trying to flog Sukhoi Superjets to the mentally feeble and terminally gullible as well - bet that's his wonderful plan for TC....

sixchannel
12th Feb 2019, 18:57
Now claiming that the booking engine will be live in March. He does know you need an AOC to sell seats??

Also, if has bought this airline (which was never wound up) he has acquired the debts. When the penny drops we should perhaps brace ourselves for a whole load of GoFundMe pages, hundreds of sick dog and cat stories and god knows what else....

Yippee! Only a couple of weeks to wait now!
Be great to book seats on their A330's er A340's er A380's. Possibly C172?
Remember that Neil Sedaka record "Going Nowhere"?

TwinAisle
13th Feb 2019, 10:49
Nah, he’s got his A7380-975 Super Turbo Advanced, with optional hush kits and burger griddle. Picture above :)

Aso
28th Feb 2019, 21:17
Good he is still alive. I think he had a day off from the mental hospital and was straight back at it on Linkedin :) :) :) :
@atmosphereairuk Will seek a UK AOC, as well as a Thai AOC first, followed by India, Dubai @UK_CAA, follow me on Twitter, @jasonunsworth2 to stay updated, I am marching towards that AOC... ����������������

sixchannel
1st Mar 2019, 07:16
Good he is still alive. I think he had a day off from the mental hospital and was straight back at it on Linkedin :) :) :) :
Maybe he thinks he's going to find one on eBay.

dc9-32
1st Mar 2019, 09:19
are they connected by any chance https://www.flymacaw.com/

DaveReidUK
1st Mar 2019, 16:20
are they connected by any chance https://www.flymacaw.com/

It's just somebody parroting young Jason.

sixchannel
1st Mar 2019, 21:39
Another total fake. Not a single contact number, email. De nada.

treadigraph
2nd Mar 2019, 17:34
Well I larfed... two can play at that game.

TwinAisle
4th Mar 2019, 22:19
Speaking of larfs.... from his website and postings I would say he is the last person who should be teaching anyone English.

Or perhaps they are teaching him??

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/1144x983/cb0e4aa6_4fd0_47d7_be89_10ae6b8f079c_72f0926418616bf0d3cf008 988cc3aea84cf8ab6.jpeg

DaveReidUK
5th Mar 2019, 06:49
"I used to be a ... but now I am a ...".

Don't tempt Providence, Jason. :O

G-ARZG
5th Mar 2019, 16:08
....answer a) a tw-t....b) a bigger tw-t

TwinAisle
5th Mar 2019, 16:22
....answer a) a tw-t....b) a bigger tw-t

Swine. How can I type a response though tears of laughter!?

:)

Jason Unsworth
5th Mar 2019, 16:51
You want to get your facts right before starting post with untrue and false information Sir!

Jason Unsworth
5th Mar 2019, 17:19
Over the past year, it seems a group of Pilots have decided to post untrue and completely false statements regarding myself, my family, the board members of Atmosphere Intercontinental Airlines UK on a US 🇺🇸 forum, taking pictures from my Linked In, & Twitter, & other accounts, I will ask this forum to close down the thread of comments as the majority is false information, and slander against our business... Follow me or email us for any facts you wish to know, or questions you have please do not join these ignorant people who have enjoyed mocking, and trying to smear the reputation of the startup of Atmosphere Airlines...

=========================

You're on your own on fantasy Island Jason.

Rob PPRuNe Admin

sixchannel
6th Mar 2019, 06:30
Poor chap doesnt know his Slander from his Libel.
Maybe the Thai kids could teach him some English?

docstone
6th Mar 2019, 07:14
I think it's time for a vigorous chorus of Donald Where's Your Airbus

If you say so
6th Mar 2019, 07:45
Hello Jason - welcome.

The evidence which has been presented so far is all factual. The reasons behind why the evidence has become manifest may be legitimate and genuine "growing pains" resulting from a legitimate start-up. As such, the best thing you can do is de-bunk the evidence with fact; there are many who would like to hear this. Therefore rather than threatening, could you tell us the reasons behind the following events for starters -

1. AerCap and European Aviation. You expressly stated that you had completed lease deals with them - neither party had any knowledge of these deals.

2. Great Hallingbury Manor (Stansted). You openly stated that you were offering a Pilot/staff recruitment day there (even giving dates). They however had no knowledge of such a booking.

3. CAE Oxford. You openly stated that you had booked a series of Simulator assessment days at their facility (once again, giving dates). They too had no knowledge of such a booking.

There are others, but the fact that you explicitly gave detailed information on these events which on the face of it seems to be completely false information would lead reasonable people to doubt your legitimacy. Do you have any comment as to what went wrong on each of the above? We are all ears.

docstone
6th Mar 2019, 08:36
Deafening silence - as anticipated.

Jason, unlike most other platforms, this is a professional environment where your Stalinist-style purges and blocking does not sanitize the truth; there are no ill-informed obsequious job-seeking naive eulogists. Time to stop wasting everyone's time and money laddie. Time to stop misappropriating the images and CVs of professionals who have no knowledge of your delusions until their bona fides are questioned by colleagues or their boss. Game is up.

TwinAisle
6th Mar 2019, 10:02
Jason

Another question to add to If You Say So's list.

In a recent LinkedIn post you stated I have been in the UK ���� & Thailand ���� the last 4 years getting to know the ins and outs on the aviation seen (sic), after the redflag was implemented, looking at the best way in which to obtain a Thai AOL and AOC which is ongoing and we have developed several leads in which we can go about it!

However, back in January you claimed you had acquired a defunct Thai carrier for its AOC and its "valid AOL".

Which is true, if either?

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/499x629/screenshot_2019_03_06_at_12_59_33_510349e166df02084ec9c00d1d a6f3733274861a.png

Captivep
6th Mar 2019, 10:33
To be fair, it might not be Jason. A prankster might have set up an account here in his name to make him look even more foolish.

But, probably not...

DaveReidUK
6th Mar 2019, 11:44
To be fair, it might not be Jason. A prankster might have set up an account here in his name to make him look even more foolish.

I wondered that, too.

The post by "Jason", while containing the usual amount of huffing, puffing and hubris as the nonsense that's posted on AIA's website and Twitter feed, didn't have nearly as many spelling or grammatical errors. :O

Of course he might have had help with it ...

sallyb13
6th Mar 2019, 14:23
I wondered that, too.

The post by "Jason", while containing the usual amount of huffing, puffing and hubris as the nonsense that's posted on AIA's website and Twitter feed, didn't have nearly as many spelling or grammatical errors. :O

Of course he might have had help with it ...

What if the whole thing is just someone playing an almighty, and somewhat funny prank - FAKE NEWS!

Auxtank
8th Mar 2019, 08:47
What if the whole thing is just someone playing an almighty, and somewhat funny prank - FAKE NEWS!

Well it kind of is - he's playing it on himself.

The rest of us aren't taken in though.

sixchannel
8th Mar 2019, 09:04

But, probably not...
Our Moderator would be able to see his REAL details, email addy etc etc and I would think would pull it if it was not dear Jason.

TwinAisle
8th Mar 2019, 09:13
Jason - if you are reading this, you need to know something about Pprune. This is not a ‘group of pilots’ although a lot of pilots do contribute.

Also here are ground handlers, air traffic controllers, cabin crew, cargo experts, airline commercial managers, fuel staff, safety experts, systems experts, engineers, leasing company people, folks who work for the manufacturers, airport employees, even people who work for the regulators, and from many other airline and aviation areas. From all levels of the business from new hires to forty year veterans. Retirees. From the four corners of the planet. People who, day to day, go out there and actually make this industry tick. Plus a whole host of folks who don’t work in the industry but have a very deep interest in it and who do sometimes know more than the employees.

As a group of people, some of us know others from real life. But it’s not that difficult to call out someone who is absolutely on the wrong track. We’ve seen, both on here and in our working lives, lots of plans for start ups, many of us have been involved in start ups. And we can spot the flyers and the liars and the not-a-hope-in-hell ones. We know which camp you are not in.

People have tried to offer you advice over the last four years, which you have either ignored or belittled. We’ve seen the inconsistencies in your story, the stuff that doesn’t add up and a whole load of stuff that sets alarm bells ringing. And some of that has been highlighted in this thread.

My advice to you is simple. If you want to run an airline, stop this nonsense now. Go and get a job in the industry and stick at it, providing for your family, until you have learned a hell of a lot more about how this industry works than you currently do. Get into a position that has senior management responsibility.

Then try again. With a proper business plan based on fact and experience not fantasy and misplaced hope.

Auxtank
8th Mar 2019, 09:37
That's very sound advice TwinAisle - and immensely valuable to someone level-headed, practical and ambitious to get ahead in our industry.

Unfortunately this Jason chap is by demonstration a complete fantasist and nutter and your sound advice, I fear, will fall on his deaf ears.

DaveReidUK
8th Mar 2019, 09:54
Our Moderator would be able to see his REAL details, email addy etc etc and I would think would pull it if it was not dear Jason.

Are you suggesting that GMail, Hotmail, etc check that the name you have chosen for your email address is the one on your Birth Certificate ?

sixchannel
8th Mar 2019, 11:59
Are you suggesting that GMail, Hotmail, etc check that the name you have chosen for your email address is the one on your Birth Certificate ?
Mmmh - good point.
As ex-blue light my interest is, apart from boggling at the total rubbish that it clearly is, how close or not to the legal definition of Fraud he is sailing - or should that be flying? ;-) Canvassing for investment in a fake start-up must come close.

TwinAisle
8th Mar 2019, 12:41
I’ve actually raised money for businesses and the rules around this are tight and rigorously policed. Chief amongst those is the requirement for total transparency and honesty - making a claim that you know to be false (or even if you failed to check its veracity) to attract investment is very very naughty.

I leave to your judgment what you might make of requests for investment after claims that a lot has been raised already. And how you may react if, after putting in your hard earned lucre, you find out you’re pretty much the only money in there....

Oh and Jason - no point asking Theresa May for the money. Despite your claims to be her advisor, I’d bet her response will be ‘who?’ And she will know exactly what will happen if she gives you a brass washer - she’ll have BA all over her like a rash, and they will object to your designation from day 1. Then they’ll take the government to court and they will win.

TwinAisle
10th Mar 2019, 12:01
This is really rather a lovely story. Alan Joyce, Qantas's CEO, replied with a thoughtful letter, full of grace, and has invited him to visit.

Why did I post this on the Atmosphere thread? Well, since Jason now seems to visit our hallowed site, there are a few good lessons here for him.

Firstly, this 10 year old is asking for help. He is not pretending he knows it all. (Hey, this 50 year old doesn't either :) )

Secondly, he has chosen his fleet, rather than just listing the entire catalogues of both Boeing and Airbus.

Thirdly, he has a management structure that includes finance, engineering, legal and IT.

Fourthly, he can spell.

I'd back him before I backed Atmosphere!!
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/1420x2000/0_35bf9debdb64b9de85b8c1ae1e8ca4c329a139b0.jpeg

Jason Unsworth
19th Mar 2019, 23:19
Poor chap doesnt know his Slander from his Libel.
Maybe the Thai kids could teach him some English?
Maybe the Thai Kids are more grown up than you Sir! If all you can find to mock me for is my native English language then your really at a loss end in your life!

sixchannel
20th Mar 2019, 12:06
Jason

Another question to add to If You Say So's list.

In a recent LinkedIn post you stated

However, back in January you claimed you had acquired a defunct Thai carrier for its AOC and its "valid AOL".

Which is true, if either?

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/499x629/screenshot_2019_03_06_at_12_59_33_510349e166df02084ec9c00d1d a6f3733274861a.png
Gosh! I missed this load of old hukum.
OK - Jason, Prove it because if you can't and/or haven't actually got what you say you have and are pan-handling for money it is FRAUD.
Lets see the colour of your money, as my ex-colleagues would say.

sixchannel
20th Mar 2019, 12:07
- - - a loss end in your life!
I rest my Case.

Ripton
20th Mar 2019, 12:17
If all you can find to mock me for is my native English language then your really at a loss end in your life!

I'm not at a loose end so I've only skimmed through this thread but it's clear that your use of the English language is not the major cause of mockery.

diffident
20th Mar 2019, 16:24
This whole sorry saga reminds me of the story of Ryan Dunlop and Hitz Radio in Scotland back in 2006-7. A young man claimed to be running an internet radio station from his garden shed getting stupid amounts of listeners globally. He managed to get national press attention and caught the interest of the radio industry.

That was of course until the authorities got involved!!!!

Hitz Radio UK - Wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hitz_Radio)

I worked in the industry at the time, and to see that kind of nonsense written by journalists in the national press, and broadcast on BBC Radio 5 Live along with regional television was an embarrassment.

TwinAisle
20th Mar 2019, 16:29
This whole sorry saga reminds me of the story of Ryan Dunlop and Hitz Radio in Scotland back in 2006-7. A young man claimed to be running an internet radio station from his garden shed getting stupid amounts of listeners globally. He managed to get national press attention and caught the interest of the radio industry.

I guess the key difference is that Hitz actually did what it said it was doing, namely running an internet radio station. It clearly veered into fraud by completely over-estimating its listener base and selling advertising revenue on the back of those dodgy numbers.... but I suspect Atmosphere will never sell a single ticket or lift a single passenger....

diffident
20th Mar 2019, 16:34
It veered into fraud raising money through schemes available in Scotland at the time, and not paying royalties for music used.

I can see that it is very different from selling airline tickets, but the comparison I am making is that of a young person, whilst delusional, is way out of their depth.

TwinAisle
20th Mar 2019, 16:36
Ah, yes - obvious parallels! Thanks for the clarification.

I do wonder though whether our airline hero has any intention of starting an airline.... is this just some sort of pure scam?

TA

diffident
20th Mar 2019, 16:39
Ah, yes - obvious parallels! Thanks for the clarification.

I do wonder though whether our airline hero has any intention of starting an airline.... is this just some sort of pure scam?

TA

Its a scam. The sad thing is, the bloke behind it doesn't realise that its a scam. He thinks he's doing well. Hence the delusional aspect in all this. Sadly for him, the more he goes on social media, and now here, the more notice someone in a position of authority is going to take.

TwinAisle
20th Mar 2019, 16:54
Its a scam. The sad thing is, the bloke behind it doesn't realise that its a scam

That's the bit I'm not sure about. There's really three options...

1. He genuinely wants to start an airline and believes he can, but he can't and won't. People who invest will lose their money.
2. He wants to start an airline as a way of making money, he expects to raise so much he can skim and start an airline.
3. This is just a pure fraud; he has no intention of starting an airline but that provides a useful cover.

I can't suss out whether it is 1 or 3.

spammers1
20th Mar 2019, 17:23
On so the social media continue.

Why post a B737 paint drawing from ages ago that has (c) flying colours watermark on social media?
Or is it an Essex library picture where another paint drawing is seen on the computer screen.

PDF pro/ paint shop and other programs are great tools in the right hands and dangerous in others
Just like social media

If you enlarge the (c) flying colours picture, look closely at the font and colour of dates, both these are different and not aligned.
Also the contact has no followers in social media so always suspect, unless proven otherwise that is Jason?

Captivep
20th Mar 2019, 18:18
Twin Aisle - I think it's number 1. It does seem as if the airline industry attracts more than its fair share of delusional wannabes (it's a strangely seductive business, it seems).

There have, over the years, been many examples discussed on these forums. Most of them got no further than an amateurish website but some have progressed a little bit further. Many posters will remember the two bites of the cherry taken by one young individual, both of which actually resulted in aircraft being painted up and then flown on a very few revenue earning flights (Alpha One and Varsity Express).

sixchannel
20th Mar 2019, 19:46
To quote OTR from distant colleague at Essex Police - "we have already been made aware and are monitoring. At moment it seems to be just Lies and fantasist Hype. Its a Round Tuit thing- when we are actually told by some poor s-d who's actually been defrauded, we'll get round tuit".

TwinAisle
20th Mar 2019, 20:29
Two of his Tw!tter accounts....

@jasonunsworth2 - member for 1,377 days, 70,019 tweets. That's 51 per day.
@atmosphereairuk - member for 1,439 days, 120,259 tweets. That's 84 per day.

So just these two streams have 135 tweets per day. Every day. How does he find the time to be CEO of an airline as well as a new dad??

hiflymk3
20th Mar 2019, 21:13
I rest my Case.
Fly with them and they'll loss you cases.

diffident
20th Mar 2019, 22:17
To quote OTR from distant colleague at Essex Police - "we have already been made aware and are monitoring. At moment it seems to be just Lies and fantasist Hype. Its a Round Tuit thing- when we are actually told by some poor s-d who's actually been defrauded, we'll get round tuit".

....and that is where it is. Unless someone actually comes forward with a loss, say they put money down on one of the fundraising pages, there is very little the plod will do about it. As it stands, this is simply a Trading Standards matter for false advertising.

TwinAisle
20th Mar 2019, 22:27
I suspect you're right as far as the Babylon is concerned, Diffident. But the FCA may want a chat about someone trying to raise funds based on false claims, whether money has been raised or not....

TA

If you say so
22nd Mar 2019, 10:35
Oh my God - I'm dying here!! Here comes the cavalry to rescue Jet Airways...

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/575x398/jet_ade595be8ed3076814f74cadf4fce6b4c9a7d99a.jpg

rog747
22nd Mar 2019, 11:40
I think he's really flipped

India Four Two
24th Mar 2019, 21:48
I stumbled on this amazing thread yesterday. I shall be back regularly to keep up to date. .

Jason, could you find time during your busy social media days, to post your progress here?

diffident
24th Mar 2019, 22:18
Oh my God - I'm dying here!! Here comes the cavalry to rescue Jet Airways...

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/575x398/jet_ade595be8ed3076814f74cadf4fce6b4c9a7d99a.jpg

Just can't make it up really..... well actually, one person can!

matkat
25th Mar 2019, 08:14
Saw he is back on LinkedIn, seems he is now getting `B737-800s and 787s lol thing is on LinkedIn seems some poor fools actually believe him!!!

diffident
25th Mar 2019, 12:10
Saw he is back on LinkedIn, seems he is now getting `B737-800s and 787s lol thing is on LinkedIn seems some poor fools actually believe him!!!

Well, Boeing will be thankful for the orders I'm sure :ugh:

Is there a link for LinkedIn? I searched and couldn't find it? Mind you, having said that, I didn't exactly spend long looking!

rog747
25th Mar 2019, 15:29
Here are Jason's new aircraft orders -

IF737MAX001 | InFlight200 1:200 | Boeing 737-8 Max House Colours N8703J (with stand) - Aviation Retail Direct (http://www.aviationretaildirect.com/models/if737max001-inflight200-1-200-boeing-737-8-max-house-colours-n8703j-with-stand/)

IF7870613B | InFlight200 1:200 | Boeing 787-8 British Airways G-ZBJB - Aviation Retail Direct (http://www.aviationretaildirect.com/march-sale/if7870613b-inflight200-1-200-boeing-787-8-british-airways-g-zbjb/)

matkat
25th Mar 2019, 20:10
Here are Jason's new aircraft orders -

IF737MAX001 | InFlight200 1:200 | Boeing 737-8 Max House Colours N8703J (with stand) - Aviation Retail Direct (http://www.aviationretaildirect.com/models/if737max001-inflight200-1-200-boeing-737-8-max-house-colours-n8703j-with-stand/)

IF7870613B | InFlight200 1:200 | Boeing 787-8 British Airways G-ZBJB - Aviation Retail Direct (http://www.aviationretaildirect.com/march-sale/if7870613b-inflight200-1-200-boeing-787-8-british-airways-g-zbjb/)
I believe he is negotiations for a large discount, well he would with the fleet size he is ordering lol

TwinAisle
25th Mar 2019, 20:16
Can anyone name a currently produced aircraft type with more than 150 seats that Jason HASN’T said he is going to operate?

treadigraph
25th Mar 2019, 20:37
Boeing 747-8?

TwinAisle
25th Mar 2019, 20:38
He’s mentioned a whole host of 747s, although he’s been quiet on them for ages. Pretty sure the -8 was on his shopping list!

lobby
25th Mar 2019, 21:18
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/1024x593/me323_b9a1e0a089b30ebe216208e77a5b8fbb959dd310.jpg
This should do it.

A330ETOPS
27th Mar 2019, 07:37
The latest from Unsworth.......

Letter of Intention to Acquire Jet Airways, restructure, rebrand, and restore Jet Airways into a 5 star airline.

Dear Board of Directors at Jet Airways, Etihad Airways, State Bank of India, and Punjub National Bank, Prime Minister Narendra Modi, and Prime Minister Theresa May,

Atmosphere Intercontinental Airlines UK PVT LTD is a startup with a 5 year business plan for a premium full service airline to base at London Stansted airport, our board of directors has been exploring the option of purchasing and rebranding, restructuring an existing airline/airlines to restore into a profitable airline that will secure existing jobs, and create jobs in the aviation sector. As we fast head towards Brexit in the UK we wish to support business growth and creation, we have monitored with interest the Jet Airways situation unfold as it has done, our belief is the airline can be restored, with the assistance of all present shareholders, especially, Etihad Airways, our business plan and brand was inspired by Etihad Airways, and the gaps we can see in the market, and therefore my/our request is to be considered as shareholders, within Jet Airways, we have intentions to introduce our brand within the UK market as well as India, Thailand and UAE, Dubai, starting with direct routes, between London Stansted, Bangkok, Mumbai, Delhi and Abu Dhabi.

We have a team of highly skilled aviation consultants who are advising our board of directors and will work with us to rebrand, and restructure Jet Airways into a highly successful and profitable well respected and trusted airline once more.

Yours Sincerely

Founder & CEO

Jason Unsworth

Atmosphere Airlines UK

DaveReidUK
27th Mar 2019, 08:16
Letter of Intention to Acquire Jet Airways, restructure, rebrand, and restore Jet Airways into a 5 star airline.

Sounds perfectly reasonable to me.

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/500x500/monopoly_money_3d_model_ma_mb_mel_611e64efbb832c6b0538afe48b c24a6443b28f19.jpg
x

rationalfunctions
27th Mar 2019, 08:29
What I would give to see the contents of that business plan!
(Not investment, before you get too excited Mr Unsworth!)

If you say so
27th Mar 2019, 08:30
Just when you think Jason can make no more of a fool of himself - he rolls out the big gun.....he unleashes the LOI! What on God's Earth is that?!? Somewhat lacking in content perhaps?

Jason - if you are watching (I'm sure you are), please be assured that with every step you take you are simply reinforcing the universally held view that you are (at best) a misguided buffoon with no grasp of reality!

sixchannel
27th Mar 2019, 08:37
"As we head fast - - -"
In the running for "longest grammatical sentence in the World"?

DaveReidUK
27th Mar 2019, 11:08
"As we head fast - - -"
In the running for "longest grammatical sentence in the World"?

Any idiot can make a long sentence by putting commas where there ought to be full stops, that's what Jason has done, he's clearly an expert. (see?) :O

sixchannel
27th Mar 2019, 11:39
Any idiot can make a long sentence by putting commas where there ought to be full stops, that's what Jason has done, he's clearly an expert. (see?) :O
Lol
I remember Blaster Bates definition of 'Expert' - an ex is a has been and a spurt is a drip under pressure.

G-ARZG
27th Mar 2019, 12:45
"Dear Mr Muilenberg (or may I call you Dennis?)
My highly-skilled team of experts expects to rapidly complete restructuring of the ailing Jet Airways very soon, so we'd be pleased to help
you restore public confidence in Boeing after your MAX problem...
Yours, J"

Auxtank
27th Mar 2019, 13:26
I think we can clear up the confusion surrounding Jason's plan...

(leaked pre-publicity photo)

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/259x194/images_390bcfee0bbbb450a7ba1804aee1a66912faff4a.jpeg

dc9-32
27th Mar 2019, 17:10
(leaked pre-publicity photo)

It's not as good as that.....

TwinAisle
28th Mar 2019, 10:49
"Dear Mr Muilenberg (or may I call you Dennis?)
My highly-skilled team of experts expects to rapidly complete restructuring of the ailing Jet Airways very soon, so we'd be pleased to help
you restore public confidence in Boeing after your MAX problem...
Yours, J"

I feel this needs some amendments, G-ARZG, to bring it more into line with JU style. Might I suggest:

Deer Mr Mulenberk (or may I call you Denis?)

Mi hily-skild teem of experts (sum of them hav bean on airyplanes and everything!) expex to rapidly compleet restructuring of Jet Airways very soon (we have got a luvvly livry done on MS Paint, and that's all we need), so weed be pleezed to help you fix yr 737s. I am an exput wiv computers, I even had a speek&Spell... but the batries went.
Yours, J"

TwinAisle
28th Mar 2019, 11:01
And in addition to post #25:

Off to Mumbai, I will go!
To fix Jet Air, it's full of woe
They need me - and a new logo
And they may have an Airbus!

Let the wind blow high
Let the wind blow low
I've applied to be Jet's CEO
But do I have a clue? Hell NO!
But I really want an Airbus!

All those naughty people on PPRuNe say
That I'm a fake and should go away
But I'm best mates with Theresa May -
And SHE'LL buy me an Airbus!

Let the wind blow high
Let the wind blow low
​​​​​​​Off to Downing Street I'll go
I'll be PM and then I'll know
I'll get use of an Airbus!!

TA

Auxtank
28th Mar 2019, 11:35
You nutter TA.

Love it.

Might set it to music one day.

TwinAisle
28th Mar 2019, 11:39
LOL., Auxtank!

I'll save you a job :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yw0bLHTOb0

Auxtank
28th Mar 2019, 11:51
Excellent.

Stand by for a Jason letter of intent to rescue WOW I expect.

TwinAisle
28th Mar 2019, 11:53
Stand by for a Jason letter of intent to rescue WOW I expect.

Bet it's in the post already :)

Perhaps we should tell him about Laker? Court Line?

TA

diffident
28th Mar 2019, 23:41
To be honest, I think this chap is wasted setting up an airline. Get him down to Westminster pronto and use his Mensa-level intelligence to sort the Brexit mess out!!!! :ugh: I jest. Of course.

dc9-32
29th Mar 2019, 05:31
diffident
Jest ye not. Could anyone make more of a mess than our so-called leaders !!

Ihadadream
29th Mar 2019, 07:19
Is this guy still spinning his web of fantasy?

A couple of years ago he actually interviewed me under the guise of a job in Stansted.
But the offices weren’t ready yet so he asked to meet at a Costa in the airport. Fair enough.....And he was late because he missed the bus 😂
No job materialised but a short while afterwards he did ask for a £50k investment lol.
The business plan he submitted for me to review was hysterical.
ah well, it was a lovely day out..

treadigraph
29th Mar 2019, 07:32
And he was late because he missed the bus 😂

:} I'm beginning to like this chap!

dc9-32
29th Mar 2019, 08:04

You mean you actually went along ??

Think I might contact him and offer a $100k investment toward helping his start up costs and to request I meet his investment and legal team at my office. I doubt they will come as there are no bus routes where we are located.

Ihadadream
29th Mar 2019, 08:35
Sad to say, I did go along. All in all, a pleasant coffee and a pimply faced youth in a Burtons suit who changed the fleet order while we talked (I seem to recall)

Captivep
29th Mar 2019, 10:27
Is this guy still spinning his web of fantasy?

A couple of years ago he actually interviewed me under the guise of a job in Stansted.
But the offices weren’t ready yet so he asked to meet at a Costa in the airport. Fair enough.....And he was late because he missed the bus 😂
No job materialised but a short while afterwards he did ask for a £50k investment lol.
The business plan he submitted for me to review was hysterical.

You don't still have his business plan, do you? I'm sure we would all enjoy reading it!

DaveReidUK
29th Mar 2019, 10:31
You don't still have his business plan, do you? I'm sure we would all enjoy reading it!

You do realise that publishing it would put him at an enormous commercial disadvantage in relation to all those airlines and manufacturers he's negotiating with. :O

treadigraph
29th Mar 2019, 10:32
What job was he interviewing you for if you don't mind me asking?

Reminds me that about twenty years ago one of my directors got talking to a young English chap in a Hong Kong bar. The chat turned there and then into an interview, a job offer as a civil engineer and a month later said young feller turned up at our Croydon office for his first day. Excellent appointment and very good judgement by Mike but it didn't stop us taking the piss out of him for years about picking up strange men in bars...

Aso
29th Mar 2019, 11:03
I thought I wouldnt get more funny until I read the letter... I think the whole board of Jet Airways is on a flight to Heathrow errr Stansted to meet Jason.. If his mother allows them in the house though :p

More amazing are the reactions of people on Linkedin who clearly havent figured out why a guy who couldnt keep a job as a handling agent wouldn't be the right CEO material :)

Ihadadream
29th Mar 2019, 20:27
As Foghorn Leghorn would say - that boy ain’t right....
I could screenshot for days with some of his comments.

and yes, I do have a 96 page business plan that isn’t even remotely close to his vision lol
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/1091x1750/bd671f35_2f5f_4337_8466_65ce1a5f8f1e_18bd15bf6c86c9e9e0ded4d b26b0199904dbae55.jpeg
Not forgetting this gem of a message claiming to be buying Euroatlantic

TwinAisle
9th Apr 2019, 11:24
Anyone have any clue what the Boy Wonder is on about on LI?

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/1178x421/img_0021_c6468bd67681155d839cfdfda31eea3950c6c064.jpg

dc9-32
9th Apr 2019, 11:54
The plot has truly gone south !

Auxtank
9th Apr 2019, 12:17
Oh dear. Looks like he's lost it alright.

Inevitable I suppose.

If you say so
9th Apr 2019, 12:17
Think we need to call Bletchley Park to decipher that drivel. Why the reference to the Ethiopian MAX crash flight number?

He is away with the fairies for sure.

Auxtank
9th Apr 2019, 14:20
I think even our brightest and best boys and girls in Cheltenham would draw a blank at that one.

Better off giving it to a shrink to decipher.

The flags are those of Ukraine, Laos, British Virgin Islands (could be Commonwealth Of Philippines) and Morocco.
And that, gentlemen is as far as I'm prepared to go in to the mind of Jason Unsworth.

TwinAisle
9th Apr 2019, 22:42
Why the reference to the Ethiopian MAX crash flight number?

Perhaps of more concern - Why the reference to the Ethiopian MAX crash flight number followed by smiley faces and OK signs??

TA

TwinAisle
11th Apr 2019, 03:03
The Boy Wonder’s website....

Now where did he get that 8X IATA code? IATA know nothing about it, and they don’t give these out without seeing an AOC.

He really is making this up as he goes along. Also now claiming he has over 2,000 people queued up waiting to join him...

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/2000x658/f7e07be5_a301_4be9_8698_67bff9d2e3ec_7d4309ca8bf0cb88b30436e c6f35da65026192a6.jpeg

DaveReidUK
11th Apr 2019, 07:22
Now where did he get that 8X IATA code? IATA know nothing about it, and they don’t give these out without seeing an AOC.

He's managing to fool some people who really ought to know better: The Airline Codes Website (http://www.airlinecodes.co.uk/airlcodesearch.asp)

TwinAisle
11th Apr 2019, 08:50
He’s certainly fooling the gullible. That’s what makes him so dangerous.

TA

Stephen Wilson
11th Apr 2019, 10:57
Maybe he should consider placing a Jetstream31 onto the routes. I believe the UK has an individual who is great at starting up airlines using them :O

Auxtank
12th Apr 2019, 07:59
Stand by for major incoming BS concerning Jet Airways...

DaveReidUK
12th Apr 2019, 10:13
Stand by for major incoming BS concerning Jet Airways...

If only they'd had Jason running their affairs, they wouldn't be in their current mess ...

sixchannel
12th Apr 2019, 10:17
If only they'd had Jason running their affairs, they wouldn't be in their current mess ...
Too late probably.
He's already made a 'serious' proposal. See thread 188. (My punctuation)

TwinAisle
12th Apr 2019, 10:31

True.

No AOC, no money and no fleet, no staff and no clue would mean no issues :)

TwinAisle
15th Apr 2019, 00:41
This is seriously deluded. He is now claiming to run a government agency, and is using their logo - which is a breach of Crown copyright.

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/1357x218/615019ba_1adc_4640_adca_c035a882c052_009350e30f2b8b7c60d1fc6 ec99db3a5f2feab57.jpeg

DaveReidUK
15th Apr 2019, 07:10
This is seriously deluded. He is now claiming to run a government agency, and is using their logo - which is a breach of Crown copyright.

And it's not even the right logo, that's the MoJ's rather than the Home Office's.

Auxtank
15th Apr 2019, 07:29
And it's not even the right logo, that's the MoJ's rather than the Home Office's.

And it would more likely be an extension of the FCO not HO. Mind you, it is the correct logo for the brit embassy in Bangkok.
https://www.gov.uk/world/organisations/british-embassy-bangkok

The boy's a grade 1 bovine scatologist.

Rupert369
23rd Apr 2019, 05:10
Surprised to see that Alternative Airlines have fallen for it:

https://www.alternativeairlines.com/atmosphere-intercontinental-airlines

‘This scheduled carrier was founded in 2017, and is expecting to commence flights in 2019 after obtaining substantial investment.’

TwinAisle
23rd Apr 2019, 10:08
I wouldn't read too much into this. Alternative will have picked up The Boy Wonder's website on a bot crawl, and added some weasel words. Given that there are no tickets being sold by Atfarcephere right now (and let's face it, the chances of them ever being sold are about as high as me becoming Pope) it does suggest that Alternative is about as legit as this sh*tstorm "airline".

On a related note - he is now panhandling like a loony, so clearly he has no cash and the bank is on at him about his overdraft, but he is still pretending that he is going to buy shares in the (now worthless) Jet Airways, plus he is collecting CVs from people. How does he intend to pay any of them?

TA

TwinAisle
23rd Apr 2019, 15:49
https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/business/companies/british-entrepreneur-offers-to-take-control-of-jet-airways-3874861.html

In this article the Boy Wonder has apparently worked for a number of airlines.... no he hasn't.

DaveReidUK
23rd Apr 2019, 16:43
He added that the Indian unit of Atmosphere Airlines has got "hundreds of applications from Jet Airways employees looking for jobs."

I don't know who to feel more sorry for.

TwinAisle
24th Apr 2019, 16:27
It gets dafter and dafter. Indian CNBC can see through him like a plate glass window. Apparently the reason airlines fail, according to the Gifted Special One, is that they don't charge high enough fares. **** me, who knew? Boy's a genius....

https://www.cnbctv18.com/aviation/the-flight-steward-who-wants-to-buy-grounded-jet-airways-3057051.htm

hiflymk3
24th Apr 2019, 19:38
The plot thins.

If you say so
24th Apr 2019, 20:50
Wow. Jason has finally stepped over a serious line - attributable bull5h1t news on a Worldwide news platform!

Atmosphere’s walls might now fall more quickly than those of Jericho. Anyone hear the sound of bugles? :))

TwinAisle
25th Apr 2019, 08:14
Nice try. But raising fares tends to lower revenue as fewer people buy the tickets....

The assumption that slinging a few quid on the fares will solve an airline’s woes is the mark of the naive inexperienced ignorant simpleton. The BW in particular :)

Harry Wayfarers
25th Apr 2019, 08:55
I always remember Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares of Mama Cerri's in Brighton (available on youtube) where she had a fantastic product but few customers simply because she had listened to her bank manager who had told her that to make a profit she needed to increase her prices.

In a previous life I worked for and knew personally the guy (Sir Freddie) who invented low cost air travel, I learned from that experience and it's not about increasing prices but reducing in-house costs, these days I am a self-employed hotelier and my nearest competitors cannot compete with me nor understand how I can make a profit simply because they believe it is all about increasing prices.

TwinAisle
25th Apr 2019, 09:01
it's not about increasing prices but reducing in-house costs

Bang on!

Also worth remembering that Jet have low cost competition on pretty much all their domestic routes, and more efficient full service carriers on most of their international services. So the scope for fare increases is zero, unless you really want to kiss goodbye to all your customers.

Ihadadream
26th Apr 2019, 08:13
Bet you have some great stories from back in the day Harry....

Ihadadream
26th Apr 2019, 08:17
Jason - you’ve gone quiet on here.... We all really want to hear your side - how you have an IATA code, how you can issue visas, how much secure financing you have in place...
Especially after putting together such an ahem “great and solid” business plan that you sent me in 2017 when hiring...

TwinAisle
26th Apr 2019, 08:32
I'm reading this with open mouthed incredulity. It's clearly been cut and pasted from a zillion different sources, most of which are not connected. Ignoring for a second the fact he is talking about both the A310 (a lovely beast but now like rocking horse poo) and the 146 (oh dear god), he has used a fuel price of $0.35 per kg (page 54). Now there's roughly 3kg in a USG for Jet A1, so that means he is working on jet fuel at $1.05/USG, including loading charges. As of today? Just passed $2/USG. I'm advising clients to plan using at least $2.50/USG....`

Also he seems to have a premium yield of less than $150. What, for STN-BKK in J?

At this point, I got bored.

Utter gibberish, that cannot and should not be taken even remotely seriously. Take it with a pinch of salt. Scratch that, take it with the Dead Sea.

TA

treadigraph
26th Apr 2019, 08:50
Just skimming quickly through the pages on my phone, that reminds me of a BP a friend did for a fictitious start up as part of an airline management course he did a decade or two back. I polished the document for him, designing a logo and scheme for a Jetstream 31. Maybe our Jase has done a similar course...

If you say so
26th Apr 2019, 09:31
He's really bitten off too much - and still keeps the scam going. He's getting in to deep and dangerous territory by publicly raising the hopes of literally thousands of ex-employees of Jet. Some of whom may not be as charitable as us armchair quarterbacks when the nature of his activities come out. The lies are reaching new levels of fantasy, and his audience is growing to Worldwide levels.

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/577x150/fuel_def6dbe1d4ae677655ac4df8964768c853356024.jpg

TwinAisle
26th Apr 2019, 09:51
The 'one year's credit for jet fuel' alone is enough to show you how little he knows.

Fuel companies employ massively sensitive credit rating. They give you nothing for free. Ever. And if you don't pay on the nail - the taps get turned off incredibly quickly. There is no way they'd take a risk like this.

Also - I would suggest this post is designed to mislead - is there any way of reading this other than "look at my airliner"?

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/1313x972/image1_dfe4637d40ebfc9feabd5269df3cc0065a0bc89f.png

TA

Ihadadream
26th Apr 2019, 09:53
A years unlimited Jet-A?
Perhaps Boeing can give arrange free aircraft of whatever flavour too. Throw in free nav fees, landing fees and some catering. Could be profitable then.....

USERNAME_
26th Apr 2019, 10:59
Jason - you’ve gone quiet on here.... We all really want to hear your side - how you have an IATA code, how you can issue visas, how much secure financing you have in place...
Especially after putting together such an ahem “great and solid” business plan that you sent me in 2017 when hiring...

He lists Malev, Hapag-Lloyd, Air Inter, BA Citiexpress, Deutsche BA, Britannia and British Midland as his main competitors

DaveReidUK
26th Apr 2019, 11:04
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Atmosphere_Airlines