PDA

View Full Version : Need help getting to Farnborough

VORTIME
21st Jul 2002, 21:20
Hello!

I am travelling to Farnborough via Gatwick this Saturday. If all goes well, we'll arrive at 09:30 in Gatwick. I've read the Farnborough website on how to get there, but not quite sure what is the best option and where the train stations are located relative to the airports etc.

Can any locals offer a few words of wisdom to somebody who is *totally* unfamiliar with London and surrounding areas!!

Thanks in advance
VT

BRL
21st Jul 2002, 21:53
You can go straight from Gatwick on the train. Check this out...Train link (http://www.thamestrains.co.uk/)
The train goes from Gatwick to Reading or Oxford.

PeetD
22nd Jul 2002, 07:29
not too difficult by train. you go from Gatwick station to Clapham Junction (not on the Gatwick express as it doesn't stop there) and change there for a train to Farnborough station. It's about a mile walk from the station or there may be a bus service to the airfield. expect it to be busy. it shouldn't take much more than an hour if you can get on the trains.
if you want to drive, it's M23, M25 and M3 juct 4. it's well signposted but the traffic will be horrible. i live nearby and try to avoid the area like the plague during Farnborough week.

bertiethebadger
22nd Jul 2002, 10:04
Big Red L's got it about right. You can get a train direct from Gatwick to Farnborough North or North Camp. North Camp is closer (app 1M ).

Both are on the Gatwick Reading line though not all trains stop at all stations.

DOC.400
22nd Jul 2002, 10:17
Last time I went by train -by far and away easier than driving, there was a bus link from the station to the site.

DOC