PDA

View Full Version : Goboko Booking Service Closing

Charlie Fox
12th Feb 2018, 07:58
Goboko is closing on 21st April. Can anyone recommend a good online aircraft booking service for groups/clubs??

TheOddOne
12th Feb 2018, 08:07
We're trialling Shlott at the moment, quite easy to use, £10 a month. Copes with instructors, students, Trial Lessons, multiple aircraft, hirers etc etc.

TOO

alex90
12th Feb 2018, 09:16
I am in the process of finishing a platform which will be free that does everything GOBOKO did in addition to a few more bits and pieces. I am hoping that it will be out mid-march and it will be free (unlike shlott).

Capt Kremmen
12th Feb 2018, 09:18
e-allocator

cheap and it works

Genghis the Engineer
12th Feb 2018, 09:23
I'm looking into options for our syndicate at the moment, but for what it's worth a couple of previous groups I've been in just used Yahoo Groups, with the calendar to good effect. That said, I'm sure that there are better options now - Yahoo was getting more and more cranky.

G

Romeo Tango
12th Feb 2018, 10:47
I am in the process of finishing a platform which will be free that does everything GOBOKO did in addition to a few more bits and pieces. I am hoping that it will be out mid-march and it will be free (unlike shlott).

Sounds good. I would be interested to know if you are doing this out of pure altruism or do you get returns some other way, eg advertising etc?

No disapproval implied I'm just interested.

Storkeye
12th Feb 2018, 13:45
I'm the owner of Shlott (used to be known as Airchunk), I'm here to help anyone who has any questions on Shlott, please let me know.

BTW, it's free for smaller groups. The subscription is totally optional and is purely to fund my avgas habit! :O

Cheers,
Abe

cotterpot
12th Feb 2018, 16:41
Shlott has worked well for us - the free version - since Airchunk's demise.

x933
12th Feb 2018, 23:05
Both my last syndicate and my current one use Aircraft Bookings (http://www.aircraftbookingsystem.com) which i've never had a problem with. Very simple (and doesn't offer any links to an external calendar which is the only "nice to have" I can think of) but it's free and it works.

Have also used e-allocator before which did pretty much the same as ABS above. Much of a muchness really.

18greens
22nd Feb 2018, 17:36
Curious to know how the other offerings have got around the GDPR issue that closed Goboko.

xrayalpha
22nd Feb 2018, 21:45
Probably the same way that most web sites get round "cookie consent", "modern slavery staments" and the rest of that bull.

Do I want to spend the rest of my life hearing (when I call others) - and making customers listen (when they call me) - to statements about how I might record their names in my diary, or on a scrap of paper - and whether or not I might take that bit of paper on holiday the next day to somewhere outside the EU so as I can phone them and get the issue sorted so as I can enjoy the rest of my holiday uninterrupted?

Ebbie 2003
23rd Feb 2018, 03:57
I'm the owner of Shlott (used to be known as Airchunk), I'm here to help anyone who has any questions on Shlott, please let me know.

BTW, it's free for smaller groups. The subscription is totally optional and is purely to fund my avgas habit! :O

Cheers,
Abe

How does one "activate" Shlott once signed up?

Dedonato
25th Feb 2018, 10:38
Hello Goboko never ended

Goboko News
Goboko is set to continue under a new operator

Following approaches from flying clubs that use Goboko, we have agreed to pass over the operation of this site to a web design agency run by a member of one of our longest-subscribed flying clubs

The intention is that there should be no interruption to your booking service

More details soon