PDA

View Full Version : Airbus Drivers YELLOW

k.swiss
8th Feb 2018, 10:37
May have missed an obvious point but with the YELLOW HYD system what is the reason for allowing manual hand pump top operate cargo door only?

EGPFlyer
8th Feb 2018, 10:48
Allows the cargo doors to be opened with no Y electric pump/electrical power?

C.M
8th Feb 2018, 13:17
precisely this . Lack of AC power

krismiler
8th Feb 2018, 14:38
The Yellow and Blue system pumps are interchangeable. It's permissable to swap them in the event of a Blue pump failure which is a no go item. Job takes around 5 hours but gets you home from an outstation.

fantom
8th Feb 2018, 15:10
It's also bloody hard work. (pumping the handle, I mean).

Uplinker
8th Feb 2018, 16:43
What other hydraulic services would you want to operate while the aircraft was on the ground and static, (with chocks in) ?

If an electric pump change really takes 5 hours (?) then it would make sense to be able to at least get the bags off, but any other problems could be left to the engineers while the aircraft was AOG.

krismiler
9th Feb 2018, 02:06
Time given was for a swap which would take longer than simply replacing the pump with one out of the box. Swapping would only be done if a spare wasn't easily available.

k.swiss
12th Feb 2018, 09:03
Thanks Guys,

I guess the answer I was looking for was what else would you want to operate with a hand pump when on blocks.

Much appreciated for the other interesting information also!

Uplinker
12th Feb 2018, 09:06
Yep, just the cargo doors and the parking brake.

Any other hydraulic system testing or operation would require full pressure and flow, i.e. an electric (or engine) driven pump.

@krismiler: understood :ok: