PDA

View Full Version : Running an LSA in different Easa countries

MarcusH
2nd Feb 2018, 15:29
Not sure about this as there has been a lot of change regarding this issue. If I bought a German, French or Romanian Registered Certified LSA aircraft, can I run it trouble free in another Easa Country or must I re-register it in my country?

Genghis the Engineer
2nd Feb 2018, 20:55
If it has an EASA permit to fly, check with your local authority, but you have a fighting chance.

If it's Annex II and approved to local / national rules, probably you can't easily and would be much better off buying locally.

G

MarcusH
2nd Feb 2018, 22:21
I was told today that a U.K. aircraft had to be checked out by a man (an engineer I presume) from the CAA before it could be released back to service after its annual. Is this necessary every year? If flying a french machine do I need to get someone from their CAA to inspect things?

Sam Rutherford
3rd Feb 2018, 09:52
I have an Slovenian built microlight, registered in Italy, based in Belgium, flown by a Brit using a French microlight licence.

Welcome to Europe!

Genghis the Engineer
3rd Feb 2018, 17:43
I was told today that a U.K. aircraft had to be checked out by a man (an engineer I presume) from the CAA before it could be released back to service after its annual. Is this necessary every year? If flying a french machine do I need to get someone from their CAA to inspect things?

That happened to me when I bought an EASA aeroplane from Spain, and moved it over onto the G-reg. It was entirely one-off, and only required *when* I moved it from the EC to G register. Nothing was required when I'd originally been operating it on the EC reg, in the UK, under EASA regs.

To be fair, they did pick up a couple of mandatory mods, signed for in Spain, but not actually done. Rather annoying and expensive for me, but you can hardly blame CAA for wanting them to actually have been implemented. What it doesn't do is suggest that there really are uniform standards across Europe under EASA.

G