PDA

View Full Version : Captaincy upgrade tough interview questions

alexious85
31st Jan 2018, 17:30
Ok time went by quite fast , I did my studying throughout the years both operational and technical . I am sure I know just as much if not more than the average F/O close to upgrading . The fact is no one can have all the answers at hand and some answers are better that some other answers .
Can you remember from any part of your career, especially from your captaincy upgrade interview , a question ( especially a scenario question ) where it really got you thinking ? A question that may not have somewhere the answer layed out but you have to draw from all experience to give a reasonable answer .

RAT 5
31st Jan 2018, 18:49
I was watching the BBC news this morning and they were discussing an interesting scenario with the headmaster of an English school. They had an exchange program with a Chinese school, not for pupils, but about teaching & exam methods. Naturally there were some significant and also subtle differences in technique and philosophies.

Towards the end of the discussion the BBC presented a question that was given to Chinese children of 11 years old, and also asked of their English counterparts.

"If a ship has on board 26 goats & 16 sheep how old is the captain?"

Like they say, outside of the box is more interesting than inside it. :ouch:

parabellum
1st Feb 2018, 02:46
1. When in doubt don't hesitate to call Company. 2. Fuel policy, do you burn your holding fuel at planned destination or the alternate you have diverted too? When and how is it legal to carry less than flight planned trip fuel. Know the companies re-despatch policy. 3. What do you understand by 'improved climb performance'. What is a 'balanced field length'. 4. Radio failure procedures after take-off both before and after you have been radar identified. Just a few to go on with.

flyboyike
1st Feb 2018, 22:40
1. When in doubt, implicate as many people as possible.
2. Always know who to blame, because happiness is knowing who to blame.