PDA

View Full Version : UK Pilot Medical Declaration. Certificate?

Colibri49
21st Jan 2018, 20:28
Having just completed and submitted my first PMD online, should I expect to receive some kind of certificate to include in my licence holder?

In the meantime, I've copied the CAA's document which was attached to their email reply, then folded and inserted it into the holder. Hopefully that will suffice, wherever I may fly to in the UK.

flybymike
22nd Jan 2018, 00:33
It’s a declaration not an application, so no certificate.

I have simply printed out and retained the email acknowledgement exactly as you have done.

cotterpot
22nd Jan 2018, 08:43
The email has a number - well starts with a letter E I think - alongside the date.

It is sometimes overwritten by the 'ADOBE READER' bit of text on the form but the number will be on the email

VictorGolf
22nd Jan 2018, 11:11
My application reference was a PMD number with a note to say the application was successful and to keep a copy for my records...which I've done. I think I'm covered.

22nd Jan 2018, 13:39
Me too.

The e-mail acknowledging my declaration carried an attachment containing all the stuff I'd declared together with a statement 'Your form has been successfully submitted. Please keep a copy of this acknowledgement for your records" and a PMD number.

I've done just that; all jolly sensible.

What a great system by our wonderful CAA.

Whopity
24th Jan 2018, 08:01
Remember, its not valid on an EASA aircraft after 8th April 2018.

Shoestring Flyer
24th Jan 2018, 08:36
Or valid at all outside of the UK.

BigEndBob
24th Jan 2018, 10:36
These SD medicals are a complete scandal.

People self declaring and others failing AME's just because they are one unit over 140 on BP.

And i'm fed up of doing AME job like signing CAA forms to say someone can hear a radio or can see where they are going.
AME's should use their audio equipment and make their own judgement, that's why the charge £200.

TheOddOne
24th Jan 2018, 12:12
AME's should use their audio equipment and make their own judgement,

I regularly sign these forms. My understanding is that it's an alternative for people who have already failed (or know they're going to fail) the hearing test with their AME. Don't blame the AME or the system - a line has to be drawn somewhere - but rather thank the regulator for giving people another chance, with our assistance. Personally, I'm glad to help and don't make a charge.

As for blood pressure, I'm a sufferer from hypertension and take medication, look after my diet etc and manage to keep inside the limits. It gets harder to do as you get older but the balance for me is that it encourages me to live a healthier lifestyle generally.

TOO

Mike Flynn
27th Jan 2018, 05:04
These SD medicals are a complete scandal.

People self declaring and others failing AME's just because they are one unit over 140 on BP.

And i'm fed up of doing AME job like signing CAA forms to say someone can hear a radio or can see where they are going.
AME's should use their audio equipment and make their own judgement, that's why the charge £200.

Mine cost £180 a few days ago Bob:ok: