PDA

View Full Version : NTL - New routes

cavemanzk
18th Jan 2018, 07:22
https://twitter.com/ntlairport/status/953874774723321856

NTL seems to be making an big deal out of an new route to be launch one Monday, any ideas?

Maybe AKL?

Kiwiconehead
18th Jan 2018, 07:57
Not many other options heading that way ;)

chimbu warrior
18th Jan 2018, 08:28
Looks more like Fiji direction.

Biatch
18th Jan 2018, 08:38
ADELAIDE!!!

wheels_down
18th Jan 2018, 09:14
Striped pussycat round 2?

Berealgetreal
18th Jan 2018, 22:43
........Boulia

TBM-Legend
18th Jan 2018, 23:22
......Cessnock

The Banjo
18th Jan 2018, 23:34
When is the runway extension complete? Might be widebody, SE Asia.

HOBAY 3
19th Jan 2018, 04:05
There's a fair bit of slack in JQs ADL schedule, so it may well be ADL-NTL.

For the northern winter, a few things switch around. The daily ADL-OOL will fly OOL-ADL-OOL (currently it flies ADL-OOL-ADL), and the three per week ADL-HBA will fly ADL-HBA-ADL (currently it flies MEL-HBA-ADL-HBA-MEL).

So you have aircraft available in the afternoon four days a week for ADL-NTL on the days the ADL-HBA doesn't run; you also have an aircraft available in the morning four days a week for ADL-NTL when the ADL-MCY doesn't run.

Maggie Island
19th Jan 2018, 06:58
When is the runway extension complete? Might be widebody, SE Asia.

Don’t know if NAPL’s airport services are ready for widebodies (though this could obviously change!). My moneys on FJ 738s to NFFN.

dijical
19th Jan 2018, 22:13
Don’t know if NAPL’s airport services are ready for widebodies (though this could obviously change!). My moneys on FJ 738s to NFFN.

You might be right about FJ 738s to NFFN. Anyway, looks like it's not Adelaide or Auckland.

Newcastle Airport
‏@NTLairport
15h15 hours ago

Can you guess where our next stop is?
Here’s a clue: when NTL is your point A, beaches and sunshine are at your point B.

The Green Goblin
19th Jan 2018, 23:36
Well if JQ have anything to do with it, it’ll be NTL - BLI.....

Ascend Charlie
19th Jan 2018, 23:58
Been out of the loop for a while -when did it change from Williamtown to be Newcastle? Do the knucks talk to Willy Tower or Newcastle Tower?

Anyway, the best bet for beaches and sunshine is Sunny Coast.

Lookleft
20th Jan 2018, 01:12
When did Newcastle get customs and international departure lounges put in?

Maggie Island
20th Jan 2018, 01:58
Well if JQ have anything to do with it, it’ll be NTL - BLI.....
Hopefully the service to Bellingham will include a Hawaii stopover!:}

noclue
20th Jan 2018, 03:20
Could it be Perth?

topend3
20th Jan 2018, 07:54
Busselton ! Hahaha apparently they are getting daily services to MEL (so their Mayor thinks LOL)

dijical
20th Jan 2018, 09:22
When did Newcastle get customs and international departure lounges put in?

Newcastle Airport international travel facilities unveiled (http://www.theherald.com.au/story/4878965/international-airport-facilities-unveiled/)
August 25 2017 Nick Bielby

Newcastle Airport will officially open its new international arrivals and departure facilities on Friday, in a major step towards offering overseas flights from the Williamtown transport hub. NSW Transport Minister Andrew Constance will unveil the new $1.6 million facilities.

Security and IT equipment, passenger screening technology and furniture for border security agencies are among the upgrades.

While it’s understood Newcastle Airport has no imminent announcements about international routes from the Hunter, CEO Peter Cock said the upgrades meant the airport was “one step closer to offering direct international services”.

“I know our region is passionate about travel and there is an incredible desire for international travel,” Dr Cock said. “I know, because I’m asked almost every day that you want to be able to fly overseas from your local airport. I can assure you that my team and I are working tirelessly behind the scenes to make this a reality – our region certainly deserves to be able to fly to more destinations from their local airport. The completion of this project is incredibly exciting for our region. We deserve to have this infrastructure and we deserve to have direct international flights to our region. We’ve delivered the first to you and I assure you we’re working hard to deliver the latter too.”

Maggie Island
20th Jan 2018, 10:58
NAPL propoganda seems to be emphasising ‘new’ quite a bit, New Cal will likely be a top contender too!

Bula
20th Jan 2018, 23:30
“NEW” Zealand.... who knows, perhaps the duck is going to Tamworth

dijical
21st Jan 2018, 06:40
“NEW” Zealand.... who knows, perhaps the duck is going to Tamworth

Surprisingly the clues suggest Hawaii.

RENURPP
21st Jan 2018, 07:35
Somewhere in the South Pacific

dijical
21st Jan 2018, 23:48
Apparently, if you believe thier twitter feed, it's Adelaide. Flown by FlyPelican? Weird.

"There'll be three return flights a week on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays, however more flights will be added depending on demand.
FlyPelican will use Alliance Fokker 100 jet aircraft, seating 80 or 100 passengers.
Fares begin from $249 (inclusive of taxes) with no extra charge for in-flight catering and checked baggage."

F100bus
23rd Jan 2018, 02:33
who would be crazy enough fly internationally out of NTL. They didn't support the flights to AKL when they had them.

AussieAviator
24th Jan 2018, 21:18
Yes, they WILL be flying to new ports, using Alliance Jets. Adelaide first, with other destinations being considered.
http://www.flypelican.com.au/media/Media_Release_Newcastle_Airport_and_FlyPelican_Announce_New_ Route_In_2018.pdf

Guptar
27th Jan 2018, 11:37
Interesting to see that the Hunter region has 620,000 people. Yet there is no, and has never been an airline services to international destinations. A region in the US with that population would have a thriving airport with 100+ gates and was built 20+ years ago. Australia has become a 3rd rate country who's civil, business and political populations lack drive, imagination and a can do attitude. They are laughing at us in the US and Asia.

Ken Borough
27th Jan 2018, 12:01
Yet there is no, and has never been an airline services to international destinations.

One needs a very long memory to say 'never' in an aviation-related discussion. Didn't Freedom Air once upon a time operate B737s from Newcastle to somewhere in the North Island of New Zealand?

belly tank
27th Jan 2018, 13:45
Didn't Freedom Air once upon a time operate B737s from Newcastle to somewhere in the North Island of New Zealand?

Freedom pulled out in around 2008 if I remember. Route was NTL-AUK.

Ascend Charlie,
Last time i went through there it was still "Willy Twr"