PDA

View Full Version : Radios

bern444
17th Jan 2018, 19:29
Does anyone know what's happening to all those non 8.33 radios? Are they just going into the skip? I could make use of one, and thus save it from destruction.

Bernie

Maoraigh1
17th Jan 2018, 19:49
Icom are offering cash for any age, any make of handheld sent to them with evidence of purchasing an 8.33 Icom, until ## February 2018.

TheOddOne
17th Jan 2018, 22:10
We got cash back on our KX165 which has a market value in the United States. I regret having had it taken out of the aeroplane as the Garmin 255 isn't nearly as good, in my opinion, but it's the only 12v COM/NAV available, I believe, without going for a more expensive GPS option. My main issue with the Garmin is the audio quality, even though it's also going through a Garmin audio panel.

TOO

bern444
18th Jan 2018, 08:32
Thanks to the two kind people who have sent me private messages, but I think you can probably get a better deal than me.

The request was the result of a discussion in the clubhouse, when we were moaning again about the ancient - probably 1950s - Narco radio that we use as a receiver. It occurred to me that avionics companies might be piling up old stuff - stuff that's too old for resale in the US - and thinking "skip". It seems terrible to just chuck stuff......

thanks again

Bernie