PDA

View Full Version : Interesting proposed development at Stapleford

Pass your message
6th Jan 2018, 15:25
https://s3.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/staplefordacp/ACP/StaplefordACP2017.pdf#page23

Meldrew
7th Jan 2018, 12:17
Interesting proposal. One wonders if this means even more Class D airspace in the area! If so, in and out of North Weald in an easterly direction is bound to be affected.

Hawker 800
8th Jan 2018, 15:52
I hope they run the consultation better than they do their aircraft recognition. Figure 10 a PA28R...

I’d love to see a new approach there.

off watch
8th Jan 2018, 17:27
The consultation is specifically not addressing any of the following as these are unrelated to, and unchanged by, the introduction of the new procedures: ..................
Changes to any airspace around the aerodrome so no effect on North Weald ?

Fl1ingfrog
9th Jan 2018, 08:15
GNSS approaches at small aerodromes do not require the establishment of any form of controlled airspace. Note that this application only provides for an Air Ground (a/g) radio provision so no control. The CAA has in the recent past been sticky about this requiring an AFISO but if they are changing from this view that is progress.

Flight operators around Stapleford Tawney including helicopter, gliding, microlite, model aircraft, parachute and hang gliding sites will all have to be consulted and agreements, if at all necessary, made with them. It is envisaged that most of the above will not be operating during periods of IMC and unlikely to be affected.

Training will of course need to take place including during VMC conditions. I would expect Stapleford to provide within their operating orders that a lookout (Flight Instructor) is always on board on these occasions. They have stated already that VFR operations will not take second place to GNSS operations. They will need to provide to the CAA how this is to be safely achieved.

AndoniP
9th Jan 2018, 10:24
If the Lambourne VOR is going to be removed within the next 2 years, what will that mean for LHR traffic holding between that and BPK?

3wheels
9th Jan 2018, 15:53
If the Lambourne VOR is going to be removed within the next 2 years, what will that mean for LHR traffic holding between that and BPK?

It won’t mean anyhting.