PDA

View Full Version : Florida flyers Query?

FRIDAY
19th Jul 2002, 17:34
This may be better in medical section but I shall try here.
For those of you that have spent time in Florida and suffer from hayfever, does the place aggrevate your allergy with the hot weather or does the high humidity lessen the pollen????
Just curious if I need to stack up on hay-fever tabs.

philltowns
19th Jul 2002, 18:03
Hey Friday,

I did my PPL in Florida last August, and although I suffer quite badly with hayfever, I didn't have any problems at all. If you're going in the next week or so, it might be a different case though, as the pollen count is probably still quite high.

On my skills test, my examiner was telling me that the pollen can easily get up to 6000ft, so I would suggest taking a supply of tabs, but remember (stating the obvious but I'll say it anyway) make sure they're non-drowsy! And take sunglasses as well.

Just out of curiosity, which flight school are you going to?

Good luck with the flying

Phill

VORTIME
19th Jul 2002, 18:12
FRIDAY - few points in common,

1) Dubh Linn
2) Florida
3) Hay Fever

- no problems in Florida with hay fever when I was there, mostly concrete, swamps or airports...Which FTO are you going to?

FRIDAY
19th Jul 2002, 19:26
Thanks for replying philltowns and VORTIME.
I plan to start the professional course at the end of year with EFT in Fort Pierce,Florida's east coast.:cool:

englishal
20th Jul 2002, 09:02
Remember that in the US you can buy multi-packs of most drugs, so you can probably buy 500 antihystamine stablets in your local Ralphs for about $10....;)

EA:D

Pinky95
20th Jul 2002, 13:13
Friday>> at Panam over there in Ft Pierce, or the other general aviation business around there?? at least the Ft Pierce airside restaurant is very good! Hope you enjoy yourself there anyway, i've been doing my initial training there as well.
It's a bussy little airfield but that's not to bad i guess to learn how to handle those kind off situations right from scratch. And as far as hayfever is concerned i didn't have many troubles with that either (janaury until end of may), only thing which got me sick was the bloody airconditioning :-)

Enjoy the time over there!