PDA

View Full Version : Thank you RH, AT et al

Trafalgar
14th Dec 2017, 12:28
Dear Senior Management,

Initially we were shocked, then appalled, then just basically numb. It was incomprehensible how people who are generally considered somewhat intelligent could issue a policy decision so lacking in common sense, awareness of the current labour situation and appreciation of the consequences. The decision to withhold any payment from just the Captains of the airline could not be explained by anything other than spite. Of course I, and every other Captain in the airline now have a complete understanding of the type of management we labour under, and the utter contempt and disrespect that you hold us in.

However, on further contemplation, we have come to realise that we should instead be thanking you. Your actions have accomplished more for pilot unity in the airline than any number of AOA Focus nights, or even PPRUNE. Further, you have enabled every pilot in this airline to find the courage to finally speak truth to power, and to condemn you and your colleagues as 'managers' and not 'leaders'. For most of us, that distinction is more damning than you have the intellectual capacity to understand.

You have also helped coalesce the resolve of hundreds of pilots who may have been sitting on the fence as it pertains to their decision to leave CX. I can assure you from 'front line' evidence, that number is catastrophic for this airline. You have also assured that the operational numbers that you and your fellow bean counters pour over each day are going to start looking quite alarming. You have alienated and angered, insulted and disrespected the very people who make dozens of operational decisions every single day they are in the cockpit: the Captains. You have taken money from me, my colleagues, our families and our futures. It isn't the amount, but the principle. And don't think we have forgotten the last time you singled out the Captains, when you decided to spitefully withhold 10% of our SLS contribution...why, because you just felt like damn well doing so.

I am out $35K (actually more like $200K, the full 13th month). I can assure you that in many, many subtle and unseen ways, that money will bleed away, trip after trip, week after week, month after month. The full cost will be FAR in excess of the $35K that you withheld just because you simply don't like us. Message received. Reply to follow.

Even when you had the opportunity to 'clarify' in a positive way your missteps, you chose to 'double down' and further alienate the people bravely and eloquently confronting you by name on Yammer. CX management, never missing the opportunity to miss an opportunity. You can't defend the indefensible, but of course you tried. That is because you and your colleagues are blind to what has just happened, and how it will redirect the 'future' of this airline in ways you can't even begin to comprehend.

Thank you Senior Management. You have allowed every pilot in this company to focus on the task at hand. We now know we are in a war, and at least we can now fight it accordingly, with clear heads and an even clearer purpose. We know you don't like us, don't respect us. That's finally settled. I suppose in closing, the aspect we are most amazed about is not that you did what you did, but that you thought you could do so without it being recognised for what it is, spite. And even more confounding, is that you seem to be 'surprised' by the reaction (over 600 Yammer posts and counting). Perhaps you can be somewhat introspective and ponder the arrogance that led to that outcome. We somehow doubt you have that ability however.

Again, from all the aircrew, thank you, and happy holidays.

Apple Tree Yard
14th Dec 2017, 13:08
I echo every word. It amazes me to read the pathetic, ponderous replies by our managers on Yammer, who clearly don't have a single clue as to what their entire aircrew body feels or is concerned about. They seem hell bent on cutting costs, no matter what it costs them (ironic I know). Well, they will reap what they sow. This airline is in a nose dive and I think it is now irrecoverable. All that will be left is wreckage. Well done CX management. :/

Bangaluru
14th Dec 2017, 13:30
I completely agree, much has been made clear this past week. It does indeed feel like a psychological turning point.

Soul planet
14th Dec 2017, 13:45
Does AT get fired if her strategies now cost the company to suffer? :}

cxorcist
14th Dec 2017, 15:14
Hasn’t she already? I’m thinking RPs and three-man Europe. Was it really worth ripping up the agreement and having all this industrial unrest?

Start Fore
14th Dec 2017, 15:23
Spot on Trafalgar. Spot on.

schweizer2
14th Dec 2017, 15:43
For years I have tried to join CX and as every year passes (yep, years of failure trying to join), I carefully notice my potential terms and conditions erode with the very airline I wish to pursue a career with, from an outside point of vue, it is heart breaking to see what is happening to what was once a great airline.

I hope you all get together and make 2017/18 count as it appears the industry has never required as many pilots as it currently does, you are no longer as easily replaceable as were the case perhaps just 4 years ago. A fact management seem to be forgetting.
I wish all of CX, and potentially KA crew in the near future, the very best as it appears 'd-day' is soon arriving at the company.

asianeagle
14th Dec 2017, 15:52
I thought you guys were all up for parking jets? Instead you all got pine appled!
add 10% more fuel to each trip... what you got to lose?

Trafalgar
14th Dec 2017, 18:30
Schweizer. Thank you for your consideration. Best regards.

Farman Biplane
14th Dec 2017, 18:53
Many here have been holding on to a notion of hope, a’la the rebels in the Star Wars series.
Hope that the Swires will realise the unsustainable nature of their actions and choose to respect their pilots.
Hope that Swires will engage in meaningful negotiations.
Hope that the pendulum has reached its maximum amplitude and is about to swing back.

HOPE IS LOST.

Whether you are the recently upgraded CN or the BTC, whether you are the most staunch supporter of contract compliance or the self serving G day worker, whether you have a minimal unfit record or are in AMP stage 3, whether you submit ASR(F) or just use discretion and finish the duty, whether you RETI or add a TFT........ the Swires do not care.

EVERY CN HAS BEEN TREATED AS THE SAME AND AFFORDED ZERO RESPECT AND GRATITUDE.

Shep69
14th Dec 2017, 19:06
For years I have tried to join CX and as every year passes (yep, years of failure trying to join), I carefully notice my potential terms and conditions erode with the very airline I wish to pursue a career with, from an outside point of vue, it is heart breaking to see what is happening to what was once a great airline.

I hope you all get together and make 2017/18 count as it appears the industry has never required as many pilots as it currently does, you are no longer as easily replaceable as were the case perhaps just 4 years ago. A fact management seem to be forgetting.
I wish all of CX, and potentially KA crew in the near future, the very best as it appears 'd-day' is soon arriving at the company.

Like Traf said, thanks for the consideration.

IMHO this isn't the place it was. If even only a few years ago.

As I get older I kinda see things in my life working out the way they should; not necessarily as I'd want them to or plan them. The key for me is in making the most of the time in my life--it's the journey that counts. And in devoting that time toward things that matter.

I had several good friends in a similar boat as yours; they had applied (in the past) and were interested but either other opportunities came along or they weren't selected. Looking back, I am grateful this happened in that I would hate to have been an influence toward someone selecting a path that hurt them or did not serve them well. Although I did present them with the best facts that I knew about at the time.

CX I believe DID enjoy a reputation of being a good career choice in years past--really high up there and a worthy place for ones' time, talent, and professional satisfaction/development. And folks dedicated significant portions of their life TO making things work and being a part of it. Sadly, I think -- as the bartender in Fargo said "This ain't that kind of place" anymore.

So, if I were you I'd be happy you are where you are and I wish you the best of luck in going forward.

schweizer2
14th Dec 2017, 19:31
@Traf Thank you

@Shep, thank you for your words of encouragement. Having grown up in HK, I've always had the urge to return home. As we all know, home will always be home.
I have recently achieved a huge career milestone after trying to break into the industry for the last 10-ish years. With this, I have decided that I will give myself one last attempt to make it through the CX selection process and endure the possibility of failure one last time. At some point I have to hit the un-pause button and actually live my life!
I have friends who have joined via the SO programme and have heard them constantly say they are just there for the hours before going back to their own country, which does hurt quite a lot when all I have tried to do is return to my own country but have been faced with rejection after rejection. (unfortunately an embarrassing amount of times...)

Once again, good luck to you all in CX and I eagerly await to hear of any progress. :ok:

EDIT: I should also mention, thanks to the rejection of CX, I have experienced an amazing career to date trying to break into the industry. Some flying that I will never again experience in the "big shiny jet"! An experience I will always be grateful for and will never forget!

mngmt mole
14th Dec 2017, 19:36
You sound like the type of person I would enjoy flying with. Don’t despair. Your sincerity will eventually win the day for you .

CYRILJGROOVE
14th Dec 2017, 20:02
DFO. GMA don’t have a clue about aviation.....problems cannot be solved with them...simple

Trevor the lover
14th Dec 2017, 20:27
Nice letter Trafalgar - do you actually send it to the grown ups, or just put it on here and hope the world will change?

Flex88
14th Dec 2017, 21:05
Sister ( 100% absorbed) Airline Capt's get 13th Month!
If I am correct, Sister Airline "STILL" do not pay tax on Housing Assistance!

Started with "Commitment Days" 1993 and and been getting kicked in the gonads ever since..

boocs
15th Dec 2017, 00:07
FFS Flex, pull your bloody head in!

YeahNahYeah
15th Dec 2017, 06:05
I am out $35K (actually more like $200K, the full 13th month). I can assure you that in many, many subtle and unseen ways, that money will bleed away, trip after trip, week after week, month after month. The full cost will be FAR in excess of the $35K that you withheld just because you simply don't like us. Message received. Reply to follow.

US$365/hr?

Progress Wanchai
15th Dec 2017, 06:14
Hard to be taken seriously when we SHOUT BS!

FreemaninHK
15th Dec 2017, 07:53
PARK THE JETS

It's all Hedgehog will understand. His weak ass reply on Yammer proof of that.
Owen, Thompson, et al (like that hedgehog.. just like you) need to be dealt with.

BlunderBus
15th Dec 2017, 09:39
https://youtu.be/YaLzwMBHMps

Trafalgar
15th Dec 2017, 23:29
Park the jets. It's flu season. If you are walking into dispatch to go to work, what you are really doing is cutting the throat of your own career.

Trafalgar
18th Dec 2017, 15:57
For those Australians who are looking for other options:

ExpressJet Airlines » Australian E-3 Visa Pilots (http://www.expressjet.com/careers/pilots/australian-e-3-visa-pilots)

Average Fool
18th Dec 2017, 17:21
^^^

Now that's ironic!

cxorcist
18th Dec 2017, 21:43
It sure is. Austronauts undercutting the chance for a living wage in the US regional industry. Wonder how Trump would feel about that if he knew.

Captain Dart
18th Dec 2017, 21:46
I vividly remember a large number of North American :mad: flocking to AUS during a certain major industrial dispute during a certain year. The wheel goes round.

cxorcist
18th Dec 2017, 22:13
News to me. Which NAM countries? I seem to remember the military getting heavily involved.

Trafalgar
18th Dec 2017, 22:44
They are not 'undercutting' anything. The only reason this program exists is because the regional airlines cannot find enough pilots (the majors are taking them all). Further, from the regional you can move to the major after 3 years. Most offer guaranteed movement to AA,UA or DL.

Average Fool
18th Dec 2017, 23:03
The irony is that many years ago there were many XJT pilots trying to get on with CX.

Trafalgar
18th Dec 2017, 23:21
That is ironic. Anyway, this is a quick way to get a green card and eventually end up with a US major.

faheel
18th Dec 2017, 23:42
The problem with that route is by the time you get into one of the majors the wheel will have probably turned 180 and you will be a prime furlough candidate:bored:

Rule3
19th Dec 2017, 00:20
cxorcist.....

A Certain NAM Country that has an Airline that uses the Callsign CACTUS had several aircraft flying in Australia during that time.

Trafalgar
19th Dec 2017, 00:52
Considering the amount of retirements to come in the next few years in the US airlines, I don't believe anyone has much to worry about regarding layoffs. Further, unlike CX, the US majors have 'cracked the code' on how to mint profit (eg: DL, over $1B usd in ONE quarter). The US companies have the gold standard when it comes to pilot jobs as it pertains to pay, benefits, commuting policies, retirements. Or, you could stay at CX and enjoy none of those things.

cxorcist
19th Dec 2017, 02:07
From Econ 101...

There are two simple ways to suppress wages.

1) Reduce demand for labor.

2) Increase supply of available laborers.

Which do you think is going on here?

checklistcomplete
19th Dec 2017, 03:12
Yammer has gone quiet and even PPrune is less active this last week, why ? My guess is that reality has hit home. Spouses have got over the shock and most pilots are now updating their cv's, tidying up their logbooks and brushing up on their interview technique.
The good news is that CX pilots are well respected throughout the industry ( except in CX of course ). Airline recruiters know the high standards we have maintained despite the constant attacks from management over the last 20 years and they admire our resilience, professionalism and oddly our loyalty ( now gone ). Theses traits are still valued in most airlines and that is why many will offer a job almost on the spot to any CX pilots who does a half good sim check ride with them.
Do not be afraid at interview to say exactly why you left. Responsible airlines want to know how to avoid their own demise and what mistakes other airlines made to cause their downfall. Unfortunately, most interviews only last 20-30 minutes so you will not have time to describe all of CX/Swire's failings. New employers applaud honesty and in this business the failings of Swire/CX is well known.

Good luck to all and happy landings in your next career.

DropKnee
19th Dec 2017, 04:27
The problem with that route is by the time you get into one of the majors the wheel will have probably turned 180 and you will be a prime furlough candidate:bored:
If the Majors didnt add one new airplane. Collectively they would still need to add 2500-3000 pilots a year to cover retirement. I am probably under stating the number. This is just considering the big 4 airlines for the next couple of years. After that it gets better. Dont snub your nose at flying the small jets. I have witness several folks take a step backwards to only leap ahead after two years.

DropKnee
19th Dec 2017, 04:32
Are you smoking crack. You never poor your heart out and bitch about your former employer. No operator wants to hear that. You simply state that Cathay is not a career airline anylonger. No need to elaborate.

Average Fool
19th Dec 2017, 04:52
Professional interview prep will guide you on what to say and what NOT to say.

A small price for good advise.

That CX arrogance that’s crept in will kill your chances.

Trafalgar
19th Dec 2017, 15:49
Agreed: never denigrate your previous/present employer in an interview. Simply state that you have decided that you feel the opportunities provided by the employer you are interviewing with are greater, and you would like to contribute to their continued success.

quadspeed
19th Dec 2017, 16:24
Do not be afraid at interview to say exactly why you left. Responsible airlines want to know how to avoid their own demise and what mistakes other airlines made to cause their downfall. Unfortunately, most interviews only last 20-30 minutes so you will not have time to describe all of CX/Swire's failings. New employers applaud honesty and in this business the failings of Swire/CX is well known.

Worst advice ever. Speak foul of your previous employer and you'll be the problem, not them. Cathay pilots have had an incredible good run, and if the money is no longer worth the suffering then so be it. But do not bemoan the nature of the beast that's been filling your coffers for the past decade or two. You knew, and they know, the deal that you signed.

Shep69
19th Dec 2017, 16:45
Meh....there are sage words on both sides (and including Traf's post in this). Gratitude for what you have and have done is important. And it's always a very very bad idea to berate others.

BUT

At some point you'll have to (honestly) answer the question of "Why are you here ? " Fabricated, vague, or dodging answers aren't right there either nor is trying to be someone you are not. Nor is making up a 'good sounding' reason why you jumped ship that is disingenuous.

Problem is the 'deal' changed and the goalposts were moved under effectively imposed conditions. Again and again.

The reality of the matter is most people DID enjoy a good run (and should be exceedingly grateful for this) but as of late the place seems to be falling off a cliff (or has fallen off a cliff). And given the present vector and strategy hope for change isn't very likely. There COULD be a drastic epiphany but I see this as unlikely. And nothing one can realistically do on a working level is likely to have an impact to fix this.

There is probably a decent way to give some thought and frame this into a well thought out and honest answer. But I'd expect the question and wouldn't lie about it.

Trafalgar
19th Dec 2017, 21:46
I encourage everyone to have a careful read of the GMA's letter to the HKAOA, issued on the 15th December. It is quite apparent that not a single thing said on Yammer has been absorbed or understood. It is also apparent that they are intent on pushing ahead with the attacks on the pilot group. That being said, I ask every pilot in this company; what action are you personally going to take to send a message back to the management, who obviously haven't understood that the landscape in the industry has changed. If you sit back and do NOTHING, then you will end up with a permanently reduced contract and effectively worthless and frustrating career (practically, you won't have a 'career'). The only option is to hit back hard, and to do so now. If you can't have the courage to do your bit to help the collective good, then please don't whine to me or anyone for that matter come the new year when you wake up to the reality that the likes of AT and DP have planned for you. They are waiting to see what happens, and if we keep going to work as scheduled, you have effectively told them that any outrage will be accepted (the 13th month insult was designed to test our resolve and response. How many of my fellow Captains have called in sick since?). Either you wake up to the imminent threat that is confronting you, or accept everything that is coming like a mouse. Time to choose.

BlunderBus
19th Dec 2017, 21:52
We spend countless hours drivelling on about the multitude of issues, both current and past, as well as the appalling dishonesty and ruthlessness shown by the company.
How about talking about some affirmative action just for the sake of changing the topic?

Shep69
19th Dec 2017, 22:59
Whatever they are, these are NOT stupid people. IMHO (and my personal impressions from experience) it's not a matter of not understanding but willfully ignoring and pretending not to understand. The belief that if you hold your position long enough--no matter what it is--that it will become reality.

Sea Eggs
20th Dec 2017, 00:06
If you sit back and do NOTHING, then you will end up with a permanently reduced contract and effectively worthless and frustrating career (practically, you won't have a 'career'). The only option is to hit back hard, and to do so now. If you can't have the courage to do your bit to help the collective good, then please don't whine to me or anyone for that matter come the new year when you wake up to the reality that the likes of AT and DP have planned for you... How many of my fellow Captains have called in sick since?). Either you wake up to the imminent threat that is confronting you, or accept everything that is coming like a mouse. Time to choose.

Those without backbones aspire to move into management and earn the big bucks. Hence, no one rocks the boat.

checklistcomplete
20th Dec 2017, 02:22
Sea Eggs
Unless they make it to general manager level the bucks aren't that big. Sure all the FOP 3rd floor guys will receive a nice little cheque ( off the books ) this Xmas and the GM's will get at least HKD1m each but for that they go to work everyday ( not weekends of course ) knowing that they have lost the respect of every fellow pilot in the company and beyond. Some will aspire to this pushed on by their ambitious spouses and from my experience most prefer the office to the flight deck where their performances rarely meet the now defunct "cathay standard". The office is the perfect refuge where they can arrange their check flights to be done by a fellow manager to ensure they pass.

The solution for CX for a future is to bring in professional management at the highest level and to appoint FOP managers who will protect the aircrew and the section. What we have now are Swire accountants/managers at senior level placed in CX for a few years and FOP managers who have zero man management skills or training and answer to upstairs rather than defend ( in an operational sense, not industrial ) the pilots on the flight deck.

Time to Win should really read Time to Change .............the whole bloody lot of them.

checklistcomplete
20th Dec 2017, 05:14
Worst advice ever. Speak foul of your previous employer and you'll be the problem, not them. Cathay pilots have had an incredible good run, and if the money is no longer worth the suffering then so be it. But do not bemoan the nature of the beast that's been filling your coffers for the past decade or two. You knew, and they know, the deal that you signed.

Quadspeed

you are totally out of date. employers know EXACTLY what is going on and want honesty from a prospective employee. they also want to make sure they are not employing a weak minded yes man/woman an honest answer to the effect CX rescinded your original contract without consultation would suffice i think.

checklistcomplete
20th Dec 2017, 05:18
PS at my interview the panel chairman was ex CX and asked me " is that :mad: still going on ?"
The big players know whats what. be honest and your skills will get you through and into a better company. Mine did and I am off in Feb after CX pays for my knee op and outstanding 3 weeks leave from 2017 and I will have a brand new CX uniform to hand back too.
Park the Jets.

Frogman1484
20th Dec 2017, 05:33
We should start a petition saying that we have lost confidence in Anna and the Parrot in fixing the issuse that they have created in the first place.

quadspeed
20th Dec 2017, 06:57
Quadspeed

you are totally out of date. employers know EXACTLY what is going on and want honesty from a prospective employee. they also want to make sure they are not employing a weak minded yes man/woman an honest answer to the effect CX rescinded your original contract without consultation would suffice i think.

Well, seeing you've changed your position from "describe all of CX/Swire's failings" to "CX rescinded your original contract without consultation" I don't see the need for further rebuttals.

European and North American airlines know nothing of Swire nor Cathay except that they fired a bunch of pilots in a industrial dispute some years ago. On this, I can assure you I am completely up to date.

Rated De
20th Dec 2017, 08:44
CX pilots have been under attack by management for more than 2 decades. Time to Leave Us Alone! As the weary pilots of Australia's Qantas are just beginning to realise, the war was never over; reduction of the labour unit cost(pilot) has no end.

A foreign subsidiary is being integrated into domestic 737 operations, with existing NZD terms and conditions to apply. The unions are too busy 'consulting'..Another subsidiary to get a new shiny A320. Sold to the weakened pilots as 'efficiency' the drum beats on. If you worked in the corporate sphere you would hear all the MBA mouth the same thing; cut, cut, cut..What it is they cut they do not know.

They will never leave you alone, their model knows no other way.
The only thing to change it are the demographics. For the first time in decades IR/HR are on the wrong side of the bet.

Flex88
20th Dec 2017, 15:11
Is America's airline industry headed for a major pilot shortage? | Fox Business (http://www.foxbusiness.com/features/2017/10/22/is-americas-airline-industry-headed-for-major-pilot-shortage.html)

Walking through major US airports this month you now see 20' X 30' recruitment advertisements for Flight Crew at various airlines including the amounts they will pay for signing bonuses

"Market Forces" ?

"Time to Leave"

Trafalgar
20th Dec 2017, 16:08
The tide has well and truly turned. If you have the chance of an offer back home, with a solid career prospect, TAKE IT. This lot will ruin and break you, and leave not only you but your family unsettled, unhappy and miserable. It is plainly not worth it. It's your life and career, and you only have one. Don't waste it working for the most hypocritical and self-serving group of management in the industry.

morningcoffee
20th Dec 2017, 22:19
We should start a petition saying that we have lost confidence in Anna and the Parrot in fixing the issuse that they have created in the first place.

Wondered why it took this long. Pilots always think management is going to be replaced by someone who loves them and gives them everything they want. Been going on since ‘94, and I see a bunch of newbies pushing for AT to go as a new DFO will apparently be sympathetic.
Not. Going. To. Happen.

Trafalgar
20th Dec 2017, 23:52
Well, you would know MC. You are involved with that level of management (how do you face yourself in the mornings...). You are correct. Without a serious disruption in the operation, you and your immoral brothers and sisters will never turn from your path of destruction. Whether or not we continue to put up with it is being resolved as we speak. I have faith in my colleagues, and most of us realise that only deliberate action against the evil you represent is the only way forward.

MACH.88
21st Dec 2017, 01:51
Morning Coffee,

I have flown with a number of "management pilot types" over the years at CX and I have found most if not all were very qualified to be in the seat they earned. To say otherwise is a bit slanderous, no? From RH, NM, IW, etc. They were all great on the flight deck. I find no basis for your previous comments, regardless of industrial relations.

Avinthenews
21st Dec 2017, 02:08
GL is leaving the Boeing office and is off to AHK apparently.

Bring on the next one, SB I'm betting.

OK4Wire
21st Dec 2017, 03:33
Sounds like GL will be replacing PE as their DFO, then.

He will probably do a good job, I expect.

checklistcomplete
21st Dec 2017, 05:05
GL to AHK is really a slap in the face. Being sent out to grass more likely to run a flying club. GL RIP.

Jobs for the boys till 65.

checklistcomplete
21st Dec 2017, 06:26
Mach.88

Really ? You in C&T ? Ever wondered why those 3rd floor boys always do eachothers checks.
Wake up FFS.

joblow
21st Dec 2017, 08:09
GL leaving is no loss

spleener
21st Dec 2017, 08:36
Be careful what you wish for. At least the imperfect GL knows how to fly an airplane, has some training experience, and can meld those qualities.

I'm not confident that his successor will be superior. But let me know if you have other information.

ANTIPHOLUS
21st Dec 2017, 10:43
GL is leaving the Boeing office and is off to AHK apparently.

Bring on the next one, SB I'm betting.

SB ? God give me strength.. if he hasn't strictly violated the letter of the TB ban, he's certainly violated the spirit and intentions of it..Lightweight..with no expérience whatsoever.

GL will be sorely missed..watch this space

BusyB
21st Dec 2017, 12:45
He won't be missed by anyone who has ever attended a rigged D & G with him.

cxorcist
21st Dec 2017, 16:07
No one good for the pilots will ever be hired into these jobs. SB sold his soul, fullstop. To fly with him 10 as an FO, or even 5 as a CN, years ago; you would think he’s a totally different person now. I used to think tigers don’t change their stripes. Was I ever wrong about that. Just wow!

Flex88
21st Dec 2017, 19:55
GL leaving is no loss

JB & BB - 100% right on, GL has played both sides of the fence to his own benefit and is an expert at conflating company BS and "I'm on your side" garbage to his personal advantage. Has done so since day one.

#DrainTheSwamp
This particular "leadership" movement is more akin to a good Bowel Movement if you ask me, late and with much anticipated relief.

morningcoffee
22nd Dec 2017, 10:47
Morning Coffee,

I have flown with a number of "management pilot types" over the years at CX and I have found most if not all were very qualified to be in the seat they earned. To say otherwise is a bit slanderous, no? From RH, NM, IW, etc. They were all great on the flight deck. I find no basis for your previous comments, regardless of industrial relations.

Mach, English not your first language? I said is it’s pretty naive to think someone’s going to rock up in management and put the pilots ahead of company policy.
No idea wtf you’re on about.

checklistcomplete
22nd Dec 2017, 11:11
A sideways move if PC since is already CPTraining ! However might broaden his horizon as he shoots for his old mans position.
Senior management might promote SW from DFTM. He has served his time as deputy.

Flex88
22nd Dec 2017, 18:54
GL to AHK is really a slap in the face. Being sent out to grass more likely to run a flying club. GL RIP.

Jobs for the boys till 65.

"If" GL goes to AHK, it goes to show all those GL believers EXACTLY where his loyalty has been over the past 15+ years.
He pulled the wool over everyones eyes for years and, bingo, just by chance he gets this? I think not.
Absolutely everything he did was calculated and he did it to further his own personal agenda and tickle his sizeable ego, the perfect military machine.

Think GMO, CPT, GMF + same same :yuk:

cannot
22nd Dec 2017, 18:57
Busy B , I have to agree with your sentiments , I have spoken to a couple of pilots who had a rigged D&G with GL .It was a traumatic experience for them . Being a Gemini he plays both sides , pretending to care whilst sharpening the knife before plunging it in .
As for PC I just hope he doesn’t try to emulate his father who was a nasty piece of work and can never be forgiven for what he did to the pilots years back

Dilbert68
22nd Dec 2017, 22:37
PC will do exactly as he is told to do, and so will anyone else who is given the job.

I literally laugh out loud when somebody proclaims that Gus is one of the "good guys". He is there feathering his own nest on his way up the slimy management pole.

Nobody in management gives a damn about any of us. We are a line item on a budget that they are continually trying to reduce.

Freehills
22nd Dec 2017, 23:30
Busy B , I have to agree with your sentiments , I have spoken to a couple of pilots who had a rigged D&G with GL .It was a traumatic experience for them . Being a Gemini he plays both sides , pretending to care whilst sharpening the knife before plunging it in .

So which star signs make for the best pilots & managers? Should CX follow chinese or western astrology for recruitment & promotions?

cannot
22nd Dec 2017, 23:54
Freehills,
the star sign really has nothing to do with it , but its just coincidental that it seems to fit the individual 2 faced.

checklistcomplete
23rd Dec 2017, 05:07
Apparently, in a break from tradition two outsiders have been approached to take on the CP job vacated by GL. Two BTC's on the 777, AT and DJ asked to step in as "honest brokers" and effectively jobshare. LC is leaving at 55 ( early next year ) so not eligible.

GL stripped from introducing the 777X and dropped from his MIT consultancy group.

MACH.88
24th Dec 2017, 00:00
Apologies Morning Coffee,

My post was supposed to be directed at checklistcomplete's post #48.

And yes, English is my mother tongue.

Sorry for the confusion.

Sea Eggs
24th Dec 2017, 23:25
A sideways move if PC since is already CPTraining ! However might broaden his horizon as he shoots for his old mans position.
Senior management might promote SW from DFTM. He has served his time as deputy.

Did PC go through the cadet route?

checklistcomplete
25th Dec 2017, 03:13
Not to mu knowledge

Cpt. Underpants
25th Dec 2017, 06:02
No. Hired as a D-E S/O. The last A scaler. Funny, that.

cxorcist
25th Dec 2017, 15:05
Not even surprised

Busbuoy
25th Dec 2017, 16:52
In my recollection SOs were "contract" only until well after B scale was introduced. Only then were "career" DE SOs hired.
Although it wouldn't surprise me if special deals were done, I don't think PC was "contract" and even if he was, I doubt his contract was converted to A scale "career".

Starbear
25th Dec 2017, 17:27
As for PC I just hope he doesn’t try to emulate his father who was a nasty piece of work and can never be forgiven for what he did to the pilots years back

My mate Castor says that’s a load of Pollux.

Flex88
25th Dec 2017, 17:59
No. Hired as a D-E S/O. The last A scaler. Funny, that.

Absolutely nothing to do with daddy right ?

tylersub
25th Dec 2017, 18:08
At the risk of spoiling a good rumor I’ll set the record straight regarding PC...
He joined as a Contract S/O on B scale, mid 1993.
There were 10 ex GA guys taken as a test case, so he had previous turbine time (a requirement back then)
After 2 years, with no upgrade or permanent career path or seniority number in sight, 7 of the 10 left with their 747-400 P2 ratings ( yes, NO P2X in those days)most to join QF.
CX actually blinked at that and gave the remaining guys a career path by upgrading to JFO on the Classic... but still no seniority until the QL was passed. Lost about 200 seniority numbers due to DEFO throughout that period.
As to what COS PC is on today... well... who knows, but he certainly wasn’t A scale.
And yes, I was there. And no, I’m not management. No sympathy for the mess they’ve created.