PDA

View Full Version : JETGO Airlines to launch Brisbane-Karratha-Singapore services

Pages : [1] 2

dijical
13th Dec 2017, 04:47
"JETGO Australia will add Karratha and its first international city, Singapore to its network from mid-2018. The regional carrier, with its hub at Brisbane airport, operates scheduled and charter services primarily along Australia’s east coast. This will be the first time the airline will fly scheduled services to Western Australia."

Embraer E175 with 88 seats will be used for these new services (http://www.airlinehubbuzz.com/jetgo-airlines-launch-brisbane-karratha-singapore-services/)

So Jetgo is upgauging to ERJ175s? Very interesting.

rep
13th Dec 2017, 09:54
Someone in this company must have deep pockets. Unless they have some 'contract' to take people to and from Karratha to Singapore, this will be a flop.

feetonthedash
13th Dec 2017, 21:31
Good Stuff...Go JETGO

Goat Whisperer
14th Dec 2017, 00:30
And scheduled services with just one E Jet is brave. WHEN it breaks down, you're proper stuck.

Ned Stark
14th Dec 2017, 02:07
LOL
Here we go again!

Al E. Vator
14th Dec 2017, 04:18
LOL
Here we go again with all the armchair-expert naysayers!

PoppaJo
14th Dec 2017, 05:00
The question is whether it will even get off the ground. Recent events don’t fill me with much confidence.

Jetgo cancels new route as only one passenger booked on first flight (https://m.frasercoastchronicle.com.au/news/breaking-jetgo-cancels-melbourne-flights-from-herv/3232409/)

Ascend Charlie
14th Dec 2017, 05:42
Good onya JetGo, give it a try. If there isn't a demand, go somewhere else. Not the airline's fault, just not the demand at the time.

And of course the usual suspects are jumping up and putting sh1t on them, just for having a go. But hang on, didn't all you "experts" say they wouldn't make it through the first year? Not very good experts, are ya?

B772
14th Dec 2017, 06:17
I understood Silkair were commencing an operation SIN-KTA in March next year.

LostProperty
14th Dec 2017, 06:27
With the number of daily SIA services on the SIN-BNE route using B777, A330 and A350 aircraft there would have to be zero demand for EJet travel on that route especially with a pit stop in KTA. There might be some demand for seats BNE-KTA but even in the boom days QF only operated one B737 return service a week. So as rep says in post #2 KTA-SIN has to be the basis of this new service but unless a fixed contract is involved most punters would probably travel KTA-PER-SIN.

morno
14th Dec 2017, 07:56
most punters would probably travel KTA-PER-SIN.

If the flight to and from Singapore is reasonably priced then why would anyone pay the absolutely ludicrous cost of the flight to and from Perth? Don’t forget that in that part of the world, the catchment extends out for hundreds of kms. People out there will quite happily drive 4-500kms one way to get on a flight.

Could prove to be a winner. Good luck Jetgo.

Awol57
14th Dec 2017, 10:10
If the flight to and from Singapore is reasonably priced then why would anyone pay the absolutely ludicrous cost of the flight to and from Perth? Don’t forget that in that part of the world, the catchment extends out for hundreds of kms. People out there will quite happily drive 4-500kms one way to get on a flight.

Yep. I had friends that recently left town that would drive 500kms to LM for a flight to Perth as it was around $100pp cheaper each way. So for a $800 saving they would spend about $150 in fuel and 10hrs in the car.

I think a lot of eastern states people forget, or just don't realise how big and empty the NW is. And given a one way ticket to PH on average is $500, skipping the waster 6-7hrs flying south then back north is fairly appealing.

Metro man
14th Dec 2017, 10:28
Silk Air fly Darwin - Singapore which might be a cheaper option.

Ozdork
14th Dec 2017, 22:45
SkyAirWorld....check
Strategic........check
JetGo....................?
Good luck.

Snakecharma
15th Dec 2017, 00:23
To my knowledge the 190 wa the only ejet certified for etops, so would have to have a look at the routing to see if brisbane karratha can be done none edto.

I assume karratha to singapore should be ok..

LostProperty
15th Dec 2017, 02:14
If the flight to and from Singapore is reasonably priced then why would anyone pay the absolutely ludicrous cost of the flight to and from Perth?

There is truth in what you say but how is BNE-KTA-SIN going to be a reasonably priced flight? Base the single E170 and a crew in KTA perhaps and forget BNE? Additionally, every time that plane becomes unserviceable it is going to cost them a motza.

Pavement
15th Dec 2017, 03:15
There is truth in what you say but how is BNE-KTA-SIN going to be a reasonably priced flight? Base the single E170 and a crew in KTA perhaps and forget BNE? Additionally, every time that plane becomes unserviceable it is going to cost them a motza.

There is a lot of demand between the Pilbara and BNE. A lot of FIFOs are based in BNE. Jetgo is a point to point operation so I’m not even sure if they would sell BNE to SIN for these services.

I’m sure they’ve accounted for the costs associated with unserviceabilities and occasional drop ins to ASP for fuel.

Global Aviator
15th Dec 2017, 05:30
The amount of FIFO workers that commute to Perth then to Asia is significant!

Remove the sector to Perth and I would see people jumping at it.

LostProperty
15th Dec 2017, 06:17
There is a lot of demand between the Pilbara and BNE. A lot of FIFOs are based in BNE. Jetgo is a point to point operation so I’m not even sure if they would sell BNE to SIN for these services.

I’m sure they’ve accounted for the costs associated with unserviceabilities and occasional drop ins to ASP for fuel.

I'm totally sure they couldn't sell BNE- SIN as an RPT operation but if money can be made flying KTA to SIN you still gotta get the plane to KTA and while there may well be a lot of potential demand from BNE based FIFOs the fact is their employers fly most of them to the Pilbara via Perth. There is potential demand for lots of new regional air services in Oz but most of them don't stack up economically unless there are government or industry subsidies in the mix.

topend3
15th Dec 2017, 11:20
Yes my gut feel is that this has disaster written all over it. I think that Silkair opted out because it isn’t viable with a larger aircraft and look at all the connections they would have onto SQ. I imagine Jetgo won’t have much in the way of connections in Singapore. Councils stumping up a lot of generous incentives to get it off the ground no doubt but will be tough to make it work. As someone else mentioned QF only ran a weekly 738 and that was in the height of the boom.

Awol57
15th Dec 2017, 12:36
Qantas actually did tuesday and wednesday direct Brisbane. Monday was Melbourne and thursday was Sydney direct.

Port Hedland still gets a Brisbane flight on tuesday from Qantas so there must be some demand.

havick
15th Dec 2017, 23:00
I'm totally sure they couldn't sell BNE- SIN as an RPT operation but if money can be made flying KTA to SIN you still gotta get the plane to KTA and while there may well be a lot of potential demand from BNE based FIFOs the fact is their employers fly most of them to the Pilbara via Perth. There is potential demand for lots of new regional air services in Oz but most of them don't stack up economically unless there are government or industry subsidies in the mix.

Have you guys ever lived/worked in the pilbara? There’s a lot of contractors in the Newman/port headland and karratha area that would happily use a direct service.

Yes a lot of FIFO workers go via Perth because that’s what BHP and Rio do for their workers. Equally there are contractors that have free accommodation in the pilbara while they’re there, but have to sort out there own way home. There’s lots of them living in Asia.

topend3
16th Dec 2017, 09:39
The council's been throwing money around trying to get an international service for their over the top terminal they spent $30m on before pax numbers dropped by 50%. i believe the incentives also include covering the cost of the ground handling. So, fair to say the risk will be shared fairly evenly and won't be all on Jetgo. If they got a contract between KTA and BNE might help to cover the costs of running a half or 2/3 empty aeroplane up to SIN.

It's going to rely on locals to use it as I can't see many Singaporeans wanting to start their holiday in K-town:}

According to the Mayor they did a survey and hundreds of people want it. getting their bums on seats vs going via PER will be a different matter entirely.

Icarus2001
13th Feb 2018, 03:51
Bump. Any progress?

I did hear that they are considering E190 rather than E175. Maybe ex VA?

Goat Whisperer
13th Feb 2018, 04:05
Icarus, I think the E190 that's in Clark is headed to Jetgo. Makes sense to me, if you're going to have the expense of the E190, you may as well have the capacity and range of the E190.

pinkpanther1
13th Feb 2018, 05:04
VH-ZPH ex VA will be going to Jetgo

Icarus2001
15th Feb 2018, 03:12
Well good news for them I guess. Local airframes available makes life easier. Does anyone know much about the owners?

fdr
15th Feb 2018, 05:24
To my knowledge the 190 wa the only ejet certified for etops, so would have to have a look at the routing to see if brisbane karratha can be done none edto.

I assume karratha to singapore should be ok..

YBBN to Karratha is not an ETOPS flight, nor is onwards to WSSS, with a track near WADD. In fact, they can go on more or less to the CAN/USA via UK, Iceland, Greenland etc without being ETOPS. ETOPS can be helpful though, but it is not necessary everywhere, and on occasions it is not even desirable.

Icarus2001
15th Feb 2018, 06:52
http://www.gcmap.com/mapui?P=YBBN-YPKA&DU=mi&E=60

Does this help?
Based on 60 minutes.

Add the 15 minute allowance for 75 mins and there appears to be a small area shown.

Capn Bloggs
15th Feb 2018, 07:38
C'mon iccy you can do better than that. What about Isa and Longreach?

Icarus2001
15th Feb 2018, 08:36
Yes, seems a bit odd.

krismiler
15th Feb 2018, 12:02
There would be a number of FIFOs living in Bali, perhaps flying to and from there instead of Perth would be an option. Mining companies could offer 6/2 with a trip straight to WADD doing away with the need to overnight in Perth and buy a ticket on AirAsia.

Icarus2001
16th Feb 2018, 03:23
What does that have to do with Brisbane - Karratha - Singapore?

Aren't there flights from Port Hedland to Bali now?

topend3
16th Feb 2018, 06:47
That it will launch will be a miracle. And that will only be because the City of Karratha (with the unfortunate acronym CoK) will be underwriting it. Be interesting to see who uses it.

Capn Bloggs
16th Feb 2018, 06:49
CoK
How quickly we forget one's roots! :)

TBM-Legend
16th Feb 2018, 08:09
How quickly we forget one's roots!

That's what the Transport Minister said...

Icarus2001
19th Feb 2018, 05:52
Be interesting to see who uses it.

I guess anyone in the Karratha catchment area who is sick of flying two hours down to Perth on an expensive domestic flight to then fly back past KTA to SE Asia. The other choice would be Darwin.

I think it may work. Silkair were scheduled to try it but pulled out. Probably too risky for them as they can deploy elsewhere on a sure thing.

Goat Whisperer
19th Feb 2018, 08:51
But if the destination is Bali, the most popular destination in SE Asia, they're flying 2.5 hours past DPS to fly back.

Icarus2001
19th Feb 2018, 11:25
the most popular destination in SE Asia,

That is a big call. I guess you meant "...in SE Asia for West Australians"?

The most-visited destinations by Australians in 2015 (based on ABS data to October)

New Zealand
Indonesia (my edit: I guess Bali?)
USA
UK
Thailand
China
Singapore
Fiji
Japan
India

Not much of a shock if people decide to fly two hours North to Thailand which is number five on the list but the second most popular in SE Asia.

https://auspost.com.au/travel-essentials/how-australians-travel

3401.0 - Overseas Arrivals and Departures, Australia, Dec 2016 (http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/[email protected]/products/961B6B53B87C130ACA2574030010BD05)

BNEA320
21st Feb 2018, 05:17
where would the new e-jet be used when not flying BNE/SIN/BNE ? Maybe on BNE/ABX/BNE which seems to be one of Jetgo's best routes.

Icarus2001
21st Feb 2018, 05:38
I think I read two flights a week to start with so that would be four days of the week taken care of. Although if the rumour above is true then two airframes coming.

Guptar
22nd Feb 2018, 22:45
I'm thinking an Albury to NZ (Auckland, Queenstown)service could be viable. Theres 200,000 people in the catchment area.

Cleared Visual
24th Feb 2018, 05:45
I'm thinking an Albury to NZ (Auckland, Queenstown)service could be viable. Theres 200,000 people in the catchment area.

Apologies to all for the thread drift, but Jetgo have previously mentioned Canberra as a potential destination from Albury in their press releases.

SQ are soon to be end their 4x weekly CBR-WLG leg and the loads reported on this sector appear very suited to the E190. Whether they could operate the route reliably enough for the premium market developed by SQ is a different question!

Icarus2001
24th Feb 2018, 07:11
So as a non pilot what is the limiting factor at YMAY? 1900 metres long.

Luggage
28th Feb 2018, 21:43
Have JetGo's E190s shown up yet? When do they commence the BNE-KTA-SIN route?

dijical
28th Feb 2018, 22:36
SQ are soon to be end their 4x weekly CBR-WLG leg and the loads reported on this sector appear very suited to the E190. Whether they could operate the route reliably enough for the premium market developed by SQ is a different question!

What a great idea for JETGO - CBR-WLG. The biggest challenge would be getting the public servants to give up th QF FF perks. I'm not sure I'd take on that challenge.

LostProperty
1st Mar 2018, 00:49
What a great idea for JETGO - CBR-WLG. The biggest challenge would be getting the public servants to give up th QF FF perks. I'm not sure I'd take on that challenge.
I'm not sure that too many public servants get to keep FF points these days. As far as points go, though, they are a big selling point. JetGo could maybe code share with Qantas on some of their unique routes. Air North do it with their flights out of Toowoomba to Melbourne, Townsville, Cairns and probably Darwin too if in fact there is any demand for a flight from Toowoomba to Darwin via either CNS or TSV.

BNEA320
1st Mar 2018, 01:18
Apologies to all for the thread drift, but Jetgo have previously mentioned Canberra as a potential destination from Albury in their press releases.

yes plenty of ATO employees in ABX & CBR & am sure they have to go back & forth for some reason. Being public servants Jetgo could charge almost whatever they wanted.

stormfury
1st Mar 2018, 01:49

For CBR types It’s all about the status points not the FF points.

FPDO
2nd Mar 2018, 01:33
yes plenty of ATO employees in ABX & CBR & am sure they have to go back & forth for some reason. Being public servants Jetgo could charge almost whatever they wanted.

Fares are on " best fare of day" and then sent for approval to travel to upper levels.

Even with no competition on the route doesn't mean Govt punters will still pay it.

FPDO
2nd Mar 2018, 01:37
For CBR types It’s all about the status points not the FF points.

We had NO choice as to what we could claim.
Not sure what you mean we had both now only allowed 1

Icarus2001
2nd Mar 2018, 02:27
Well if VH-ZPH is one of them, it is still shown on the aircraft register as being registered to Virgin Australia as the operator.

https://www.casa.gov.au/aircraft-register?search_api_views_fulltext=&vh=zph&field_ar_serial=

stormfury
2nd Mar 2018, 11:46
We had NO choice as to what we could claim.
Not sure what you mean we had both now only allowed 1

Ah, what I meant was the Gov types are only eligible to accrue status points, not FF points. Although I’m of the understanding that pollies FF points are accrued but cannot be used until they leave office (happy to be corrected if this has changed in the last few years).

As for the ‘best fare of the day’, that doesn’t seem to apply to everyone. Senior leaders (leading by example?) have ways around it so they maintain their Q Platinum status. Oh and then there’s the Chairman’s Lounge access...

Luggage
6th Mar 2018, 01:15
Any JetGo E190s arrived yet in their flash new paint job?

VH DSJ
6th Mar 2018, 03:48
Any JetGo E190s arrived yet in their flash new paint job?

Awesome paint job.

https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/27545113_894037990768108_337701871529954040_n.jpg?oh=8cfef9c a8bce27b10eead4a55860d806&oe=5B01E994

Is Jetgo getting the E190 E2's too?

Icarus2001
6th Mar 2018, 03:59
According to someone above they are getting two ex VA airframes, one reported as being VH-ZPH.

Is the E2 market ready? Would be expensive.

VH DSJ
6th Mar 2018, 04:18
Is the E2 market ready? Would be expensive.

It just received its FAA and EASA certification a few days ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQGeNQ3ZMaE

Luggage
31st Mar 2018, 03:19
Those E190'S shown up for JetGo yet?

Anybody heard any ongoing plans for JetGo and the Singapore route or is the E190 expansion plan dead in the water.

Icarus2001
1st Apr 2018, 09:55
Probably the paint shop would be a good place to watch?

Have they started type rating crews yet would be the question? If so where? No sim in Australia anymore.

red_dirt
4th Apr 2018, 09:29
Still moving forward by the looks of it

https://www.pilbaranews.com.au/?news/pilbara-news/karratha-brisbane-flights-to-open-for-booking-ng-b88794238z

Luggage
4th Apr 2018, 23:11
Probably the paint shop would be a good place to watch?

Have they started type rating crews yet would be the question? If so where? No sim in Australia anymore.

Apparently hiring direct entry type rated crews and doing sim check in Sanya China.

Berealgetreal
4th Apr 2018, 23:54
What is the word in the West? Someone told me a turn around is starting.

Icarus2001
6th Apr 2018, 12:06
Well seats are now on sale for BNE - KTA so things must be moving along.

https://jetgo.com/media-release-commencement-date-brisbane-karratha-services/

topend3
7th Apr 2018, 13:53
Interesting that launch fares are around $450 one way. Maybe they have signed a contract and have sold most of the aircraft.

LostProperty
13th Apr 2018, 06:00
JetGo's latest E145LR (MSN 145307 Built 2000) appears to be on its way to Brisbane from Regional One in Florida as JGO45. From the flight trackers it seems to have got here via Alaska, Russia, Japan, Taiwan, Philippines and a last leg from Horn Island to BNE. Still has US rego N16999.

topend3
13th Apr 2018, 07:37
apparently the new KTA terminal needs some mods as when they built it the areas for ABF etc aren't big enough:sad:

Icarus2001
15th Apr 2018, 04:27
Well it looks like they have until September to get KTA airport ready for international Ops, according to the schedule for the BNE KTA flights which changes in September to (presumably) allow for SIN.
Any sign of an aircraft?

topend3
16th Apr 2018, 04:06
I think they've stated publicly that they won't be launching in September.

"Littlebird"
16th Apr 2018, 10:00
I've heard they are scrambling to recruit and crew the 190 and 145 as half the pilot group walked early this year for other jobs.
Yes people still pay to get a job even in the year 2018. This practice needs to stop immediately as it's no benefit to either party in the medium or long term. More importantly not for the airline especially if they are aiming to rapidly expand and succeed long term as a business.
L.B

Ned Stark
17th Apr 2018, 02:18
Around 70% of pilots actually. Some straight up resigned out of safety concerns. Throw a sacking or two in there also.

Ha safety concerns? Wouldn’t happened to be talking about 2 depressurisation events in the last year?

Icarus2001
17th Apr 2018, 07:59
I think they've stated publicly that they won't be launching in September.

Have you got a link? Below they are saying the opposite.

https://jetgo.com/media-release-commencement-date-brisbane-karratha-services/

topend3
17th Apr 2018, 08:15
no you're right that's what they seem to be saying

Nulli Secundus
17th Apr 2018, 08:35
What's the rush to international ops?

Being the only 140/145's in the country, wouldn't it be wise to pick off turboprop operators on sectors where they have a significant comparative advantage? Stay local. Build the network, the expertise and the fleet. Get that scaled first, then go off O/S.

To some degree, I get a feeling of 'disruption' rather than 'empire building'. Launching new routes makes for great marketing news and yes, may give a sense of vibrancy. But its surely better to be ahead of the game than watch your competitors sail past. Remember when Saab 340's were rare, exclusive and so marketing leading. Very quickly they weren't, as once more, other operators acquired the type and the playing field quickly leveled out again.

What ever happened to the goal of ten 145 airframes by 'the end of the year'?

chuboy
17th Apr 2018, 10:10
Picking off turboprop operators? They have just pulled out of BN-TW because FlyCorporate has them beat with the operating costs of a 340.

I wish them the best of luck competing in this tough regulatory environment.

Nulli Secundus
17th Apr 2018, 21:45
BN-TW failed because they didn't have a competitive advantage. The Saab is the right machine for that sector length. It was always on the cards once the competition arrived but to be fair, if they made a heap of money from the route and had a new market to step into after BN-TW ceased, then o.k.

Did a new route commence to replace Tamworth?

"Littlebird"
18th Apr 2018, 02:23
QUOTE "What ever happened to the goal of ten 145 airframes by 'the end of the year'?"

Well I guess you need pilots to fly the proposed 10 145's. As Thrillho mentioned around 70% of their pilots have left.
Also, it takes time to convince youngsters to part with 50K of their cash in order to secure a job paying 75K per year flying a commuter jet with a company that people don't want to stay with medium/long term. Makes sense.

havick
19th Apr 2018, 00:07
QUOTE "What ever happened to the goal of ten 145 airframes by 'the end of the year'?"

Well I guess you need pilots to fly the proposed 10 145's. As Thrillho mentioned around 70% of their pilots have left.
Also, it takes time to convince youngsters to part with 50K of their cash in order to secure a job paying 75K per year flying a commuter jet with a company that people don't want to stay with medium/long term. Makes sense.

Jetgo charges for a type rating?

Icarus2001
19th Apr 2018, 07:15
What's the rush to international ops?

From what I have read the impetus is coming from City of Karratha (COK).

COK spent large amounts of money upgrading their airport terminal.

Karratha's $35m airport terminal upgrade complete amid hopes for international flights to take off - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation) (http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-09-29/karratha-airport-revamp-complete/6813302)

They had Silkair lined up to start flights from Singapore from March this year. They changed their mind and pulled out.

https://thewest.com.au/news/pilbara-news/silk-air-pulls-interest-for-karratha-singapore-flights-ng-b88579791z

Which left an opening for Jetgo. It is not clear which party opened the conversation and it does not really matter. The opportunity is there for an operator to have their risk minimised as COK plan to "underwrite" the operation to some degree. So that gives Jetgo a low risk opening into larger jet operations.

"Littlebird"
19th Apr 2018, 07:20
Jetgo charges for a type rating?

Apparently this is the case Havick, 30K plus AUD with rating completed somewhere in Europe. Not sure of the details.
:hmm:

vortex2
19th Apr 2018, 14:09
@Havick & "little bird"

Rating being done in Zurich last i heard, all costs go to the applicant.... airfares, accom the lot... no pay until back in Brisbane and line training. They will be happy to pay back the cost of the endorsement only (over two years).

they might be nice and give you access to an Uber account to get to the sim centre.

And as someone said all for 75k a year pay! what a gig!

havick
19th Apr 2018, 15:25
@Havick & "little bird"

Rating being done in Zurich last i heard, all costs go to the applicant.... airfares, accom the lot... no pay until back in Brisbane and line training. They will be happy to pay back the cost of the endorsement only (over two years).

they might be nice and give you access to an Uber account to get to the sim centre.

Interesting, why would anyone go there then? Any Aussie who meets FAA ATP mins can goto the US and fly a 145/175 or CRJ with no bond/endorsement cost and fly 1000 hours a year if you want and upgrade to captain 12 months after hitting the line. In addition you get great travel benefits.

vortex2
20th Apr 2018, 00:47
Interesting, why would anyone go there then? Any Aussie who meets FAA ATP mins can goto the US and fly a 145/175 or CRJ with no bond/endorsement cost and fly 1000 hours a year if you want and upgrade to captain 12 months after hitting the line. In addition you get great travel benefits.

I think its more the fact they believe they are great operators and people will line up for the job.... but as you said plenty of other places to go than that mob. :ugh:

Power
20th Apr 2018, 01:23
@Havick & "little bird"

Wow what a garbage job. Looking at who they have hired in the last 12 or so months, it seems to be the last resort for those who have painted themselves into a corner.

Ned Stark
21st Apr 2018, 20:49
Wow what a garbage job. Looking at who they have hired in the last 12 or so months, it seems to be the last resort for those who have painted themselves into a corner.

Unfortunately the job is fine. It’s the management and the inexperienced Chief Pilot, who’s a yes man, that make it a garbage job.

Ned Stark
21st Apr 2018, 20:52
I think its more the fact they believe they are great operators and people will line up for the job.... but as you said plenty of other places to go than that mob. :ugh:

Pretty soon their pool will dry up.

tail wheel
21st Apr 2018, 21:43
Pretty soon their pool will dry up.

I don't think there has been a time in history that the pool of pilot applicants has ever dried up!

Berealgetreal
22nd Apr 2018, 00:51
Spot on TW.

Berealgetreal
22nd Apr 2018, 00:55
When passengers choose a Metro over a jet because of reliability, you know you're doing something wrong.

Thats Gold.

Bend alot
22nd Apr 2018, 08:49
2 aircraft out of "6" flying today. 3 aircraft flown this week (one 4 days ago). But concerning is only seems the flying aircraft doing 3-5 hrs on most days. Pretty hard to turn a buck with that.

What would a U/S in Singapore cost to get pax back to COK so they (pax) can return back to working at the mine?

continueapproach737
22nd Apr 2018, 23:33
milk run monday, combined tamworth and wollongong pax

Copythisnumberdown
23rd Apr 2018, 03:23
Unfortunately the job is fine. It’s the management and the inexperienced Chief Pilot, who’s a yes man, that make it a garbage job.

P** Off Ned. No one is interested in your hate file with JG. You pop up here like Dicky Nee with everything anti about JG with 98% of your posts filled with the same crap. The CP is a great operator. Obviously, you were one of the people fired by him.

Acebucket
23rd Apr 2018, 05:30

For someone who supposedly doesn’t work at Jetgo you seem to spend a lot of time obsessing about them on here......

You also seem to be an armchair ‘safety’ expert, how did they pass their last CASA audit? The one thing no one could ever accuse CASA of is being lenient on safety. Just ask Tigerair.

They are a small airline with finite resources and will never be able to compete with the big airline groups, however it doesn’t come with the decade long time to jet command either. Do your time, go to China, make some $$$$. Or join a big airline group and enjoy the lifestyle options and eventual bigger salaries(however given the length of time you’ve been complaining I’d assume you’ve already been knocked back from all of them)

Just stop spending your life whinging on here, it’s a bit sad.

Ned Stark
23rd Apr 2018, 21:38
P** Off Ned. No one is interested in your hate file with JG. You pop up here like Dicky Nee with everything anti about JG with 98% of your posts filled with the same crap. The CP is a great operator. Obviously, you were one of the people fired by him.

Hit a bit of a nerve mate?:D Sorry you can’t take any negative press :rolleyes: of course you’d say he is a great operator, that’s what you “pay” him to do right? ;)

Defenestrator
23rd Apr 2018, 22:59
For someone who supposedly doesn’t work at Jetgo you seem to spend a lot of time obsessing about them on here......

You also seem to be an armchair ‘safety’ expert, how did they pass their last CASA audit? The one thing no one could ever accuse CASA of is being lenient on safety. Just ask Tigerair.

They are a small airline with finite resources and will never be able to compete with the big airline groups, however it doesn’t come with the decade long time to jet command either. Do your time, go to China, make some $$$$. Or join a big airline group and enjoy the lifestyle options and eventual bigger salaries(however given the length of time you’ve been complaining I’d assume you’ve already been knocked back from all of them)

Just stop spending your life whinging on here, it’s a bit sad.

It is a bit sad. Perhaps Ned should grow a set and start his own airline and show us all how it’s done.

CASA_Approval
24th Apr 2018, 00:57
It is a bit sad. Perhaps Ned should grow a set and start his own airline and show us all how it’s done.

Now you're talking - he might even have an impartial FOI that wasn't best mates with the CEO.

normanton
24th Apr 2018, 02:28
Sorry, but some of the stories I've heard from both pilots and cabin crew about JetGo scare me to tears. I even refuse to allow my sister to fly with them.

Icarus2001
24th Apr 2018, 03:35
What would a U/S in Singapore cost to get pax back to COK so they (pax) can return back to working at the mine?

That would depend on the type of problem. A l o o o n g delay which may lead to overnight pax and crew in Singapore then depart the next day would not be too bad. A more serious AOG waiting days for a fix would probably require either a rescue charter from WA or rebook pax on other carriers via Perth to KTA.

Where does insurance fit in this picture? A leased aircraft that breaks, does the leasor carry some cost as "their" aircraft failed to proceed?

Anyway, all airlines carry the same issue. Admittedly more difficult for Jetgo until they get their second E190.

Dogzbody
24th Apr 2018, 17:40
Now you're talking - he might even have an impartial FOI that wasn't best mates with the CEO.

"Bazinga" That sounds like a great way to pass a CASA audit.

I wonder if you can operate to Singapore in typhoon season with a wx radar MEL'd? It seems JG can in the middle of summer cloud dodging on the east coast. "See and avoid!" (JETGO that is!)

hiwaytohell
25th Apr 2018, 05:02
Geeez there has been some rubbish posted in this thread.

Firstly the comments posted about Jetgo's Chief Pilot are crap! Simon may be young but he is no patsy to the CEO. CASA does not hand out Chief Pilot approval for a high capacity AOC without a pretty rigorous process particularly to a young bloke. Credit where credit is due Simon maybe young but he has a wise head on his shoulders having cut his teeth on short haul regional operations in Europe. He has earned his position.

IMO Jetgo gave jet commands way too soon to a number of regional turboprop pilots who were quite happy to apply an MEL in an ATR or Dash to get the day done, but once in a Jet believed different rules apply. Although some of these have moved on they are still barking!

And an AOG in Singapore? Guess where Embraer has their regional spares warehouse and with Hawker Pacific at Seletar!

CASA_Approval
28th Apr 2018, 05:43
Rumour has it a couple of JGO EMB-140's repossessed by banks.

Bend alot
28th Apr 2018, 09:12
And an AOG in Singapore? Guess where Embraer has their regional spares warehouse and with Hawker Pacific at Seletar!

That's great if you need a brake assembly.

How about more like the Embraer ( I think it was) with the coffee/soft drink spill that created some electrical issues? That need parts and possible some damage that requires some structural drawings and repairs?

Do Jetgo have good credit with maintenance and parts suppliers? Or say Airnorth for a Charter to move booked paxs?

wheels_down
28th Apr 2018, 13:37
They have the wrong aircraft for the wrong routes. The ideal aircraft for the routes they are flying is probably the Q400. I have no idea what the main focus cities are because they fly random routes all over the country, chopping and changing, announcing then deannouncing new routes.

You need a lot of cash behind you if you want to have a serious crack at this market with Jets. Tiger had SIA. Strategic and this mob only have themselves.

Icarus2001
29th Apr 2018, 04:35
because they fly random routes all over the country,

Err, not really. They dropped Tamworth WEF 14 May and they don't fly West of Essendon yet. It appears to me they don't want to go head to head with VA or QF as we know who would win that battle, anti dumping legislation or not. They pick thin routes that are not well served. Seems like a good plan to me. Then, I am a pilot so what would I know?

https://jetgo.com/flights/jetgo-flights-route-map/

As for cash, I agree with you. They have been trading for six years so they seem viable and one hopes they have cash on hand for the imminent expansion.

CASA_Approval
6th May 2018, 23:12
From a quick look at flightaware, only 2 of their 6 planes have flown in the last week. 2 haven't flown for over a month. Not good.

Flight aware indicates they're down to a 1 aircraft schedule as of 04/05. Combined with recent hull & engine reposessions, one could be forgiven for thinking the end is very near.

Icarus2001
7th May 2018, 10:28
Can I assume that Flight Aware uses ADS B information for tracking? I remember seeing somewhere that Jetgo had an exemption from ADS B fitment, so would that invalidate your assumptions about their activity? Are the repossessions fact?

https://www.casa.gov.au/files/casaex17079pdf Although it does say it was repealed at the end of March 2018. Perhaps there was an extension?

Edit to add: JGB and JGR are both shown on Flightradar24 as having flown today.

red_dirt
7th May 2018, 12:04
Flight aware indicates they're down to a 1 aircraft schedule as of 04/05. Combined with recent hull & engine reposessions, one could be forgiven for thinking the end is very near.

how confident are you of these alleged repos

Bend alot
7th May 2018, 12:20
Can I assume that Flight Aware uses ADS B information for tracking? I remember seeing somewhere that Jetgo had an exemption from ADS B fitment, so would that invalidate your assumptions about their activity? Are the repossessions fact?

https://www.casa.gov.au/files/casaex17079pdf Although it does say it was repealed at the end of March 2018. Perhaps there was an extension?

Edit to add: JGB and JGR are both shown on Flightradar24 as having flown today.

Well that pays bills!

As for exemption of ADS B that is only a postponement of a cost.

Aircraft require engines to fly, how many are on aircraft today? Short answer is not enough for all to fly and it has been that way for some time.

LostProperty
8th May 2018, 06:41

VH-JZG (an E135, I think) was the only one that did not have ADS-B and it does not seem to have been around for a while. Spotters reckon that it was the only RPT jet in Oz that was not equipped by the mandate deadline.

topgun0007
9th May 2018, 00:12
Very reliable source..
One airframe repoed
4 engines repoed
JGZ in Alliance hanger (sans engines) at request of the Lessor.

Dogzbody
9th May 2018, 01:51
"whoop whoop" "terrain terrain" "pull up" "whoop whoop"

Ned Stark
9th May 2018, 02:02
It’s going to be tough making sure the crew has enough cash to pay for fuel.

markis10
9th May 2018, 02:27
Very reliable source..
One airframe repoed
4 engines repoed
JGZ in Alliance hanger (sans engines) at request of the Lessor.

yet they had a new aircraft delivery in the last few weeks!

CASA_Approval
9th May 2018, 03:27
yet they had a new aircraft delivery in the last few weeks!

It's what I call the "insolvency paradox":
The appearance of expansion is maintained to attract investment despite the fact that the company is about to spectacularly go tits-up

​​​​​

Icarus2001
9th May 2018, 04:18
Who does their maintenance? I would guess if they are not getting paid they will stop supplying just like a refueller would. BAC would need to get an order to impound aircraft but very easy to stop supply of services. If that is not occurring then there is no evidence of impending doom. Aircraft lease and finance deals can be complex so who knows.

CASA_Approval
9th May 2018, 04:33
Who does their maintenance? I would guess if they are not getting paid they will stop supplying just like a refueller would. BAC would need to get an order to impound aircraft but very easy to stop supply of services. If that is not occurring then there is no evidence of impending doom. Aircraft lease and finance deals can be complex so who knows.

YMEN ground handlers stopping work might be another sign. Or a 1-2 aircraft schedule. Or massive pilot turnover. Or pilots/contractors not getting paid on time. Or thousands of displaced punters. Or cannibalized airframes. Or ongoing CASA surveillance. Or an 80 page dossier submitted to REPCON/Carmody by a group of incredibly concerned current and former engineers/pilots/flight attendants earlier this year.

But, If that is not occurring then there is no evidence of impending doom.

RedwireBluewire
9th May 2018, 11:36
Who does their maintenance? I would guess if they are not getting paid they will stop supplying just like a refueller would.

Aircraft that was halfway through a C check in Cairns, pushed outside and buttoned up sans LH engine.
Account apparently frozen

Icarus2001
9th May 2018, 14:37
When was that?

I found out today that they have crew in the US doing E190 type ratings now. Perhaps any money left is being diverted to the shiny new jet?

Ned Stark
9th May 2018, 20:28
When was that?

I found out today that they have crew in the US doing E190 type ratings now. Perhaps any money left is being diverted to the shiny new jet?
I’m sure The CEO is getting typed. It’s best to make the company pay for your type rating before the company collapses.

RedwireBluewire
10th May 2018, 04:10
When was that?
Monday just gone

Seagull201
10th May 2018, 09:00
Looking at the jetgo RPT videos on youtube, it's concerning to see, that most of the flights are less than 50% full, probably 30% would be a better figure.
There are too many empty seats on every video posted.
No company can make money or break even with poor payloads.

A month ago, i checked the jetgo website and i thought i saw a photo of an Emb145 in Taiwan, i checked the website a few days latter and the photo disappeared.
I thought jetgo's main goal was to specialise mostly in charter flights (FIFO), not get involved in RPT services.

If only 2 aircraft are flying during any time, i'd say most people will assume the company is struggling, how long will they struggle, is anyone's guess.

Icarus2001
10th May 2018, 11:29
You want to use videos on you tube to assess the financial viability of a company? Really

How have they survived for five years then?

chuboy
10th May 2018, 21:14
Sad to see rumours calling their financial viability into question. Such rumours are usually self fulfilling prophecies.

Jetgo does have FIFO contracts which I would hope keeps cash flow stable enough to continue trading.

Global Aviator
11th May 2018, 01:53
Australia really does have a negative vibe. Reading some comments it’s almost like people want them to fail.

its a tough market for sure, throwing constant negativity... How long have they been going now when so many said no chance?

I would hate to be up against the Fokkers at Alliance (attempted joke) with so many airframes etc.

It would certainly be great for the West to have more links. On that Silk Air have started Singapore - Broome.

Bend alot
12th May 2018, 01:12
Australia really does have a negative vibe. Reading some comments it’s almost like people want them to fail.

its a tough market for sure, throwing constant negativity... How long have they been going now when so many said no chance?

I would hate to be up against the Fokkers at Alliance (attempted joke) with so many airframes etc.

It would certainly be great for the West to have more links. On that Silk Air have started Singapore - Broome.

I guess history has a play on the vibe.

Successful flying companies in Australia are rare, successful RPT airlines in Australia even rarer.

World wide it is tough doing well with an airline, Australia with higher costs and CAsA even tougher.

Many charter companies and airlines have gone bust in Australia, and when that happens they owe lots of money to many creditors including staff.

I have no idea of Jetgo's financial position and if they are trading insolvent or not but chances are there is a lot of money owed to staff (as in holiday pay/wages), maintenance facilities, parts suppliers, fuel suppliers, airports and other required creditors. If Jetgo do shut shop and repeat history the money owed to many small operators can be enough to break them. Have a thought for say a pilot that took on a job after paying for a type rating as in a previous post.

So while I hope they do well and prosper. I also wish that if they can not, that they don't bring everyone they can gain credit from down with them.

The visual indicators are not that of roses.

"Littlebird"
12th May 2018, 13:01
Airlines that ask a new pilot to fork out for a rating, hotel etc on no pay until type rated are only tightening the noose around their own neck. Sure you might save 50K in the short term but long term you're losing 100K plus, as the employee will leave at the first opportunity. Sometimes even after only 6 months. The flow on effect on the bottom dollar is enormous.

Icarus2001
14th May 2018, 07:03
Sure you might save 50K in the short term but long term you're losing 100K plus, as the employee will leave at the first opportunity. Whilst I agree with the thrust of your argument that a "good" company will look after and invest in their employees, I cannot agree with your maths.

Up until recently there has been a steady available supply of people willing to pay for their type rating. That supply is drying up as the pool of pilots gets smaller. (Ref: CASA annual report) That being said how does a pilot leaving after six months cost the company $100K if they have paid for their type rating?

For me the real issue is places like Air North who cannot get people to fly their Metro aircraft so have them parked. That really costs money.

Can you explain how you came up with $100K cost of a plot leaving if the replacement pilot pays for their type rating as well?

mattyj
14th May 2018, 12:04
Parking metros doesn’t cost anything other than parking fees. Those things have long since paid for themselves..you could get a few hundred thousand for one..no one wants to charter one or worse, fly regularly in one especially in the hot NT.

Icarus2001
14th May 2018, 12:41
Yep parking fees, insurance, maintenance schedule to keep them airworthy. I was referring to the lost income that is not replaced by swapping types. Would you want a few hundred thousand invested in a depreciating asset that is not earning a return? I certainly would not.

t303
14th May 2018, 20:48
[QUOTE=Icarus2001;10146194

For me the real issue is places like Air North who cannot get people to fly their Metro aircraft so have them parked. That really costs money.
/QUOTE]

A couple of years ago it was not a big problem, however the new Brist-oh? regime have a unique (OK, not that unique in aviation) business model. Perversely, they believe that they are actually improving their cashflow by not paying the contracted captain in a timely fashion. The problem of parked Metros (and now the two grounded, engineless, E-jets) is self induced.

"Littlebird"
14th May 2018, 20:56
Whilst I agree with the thrust of your argument that a "good" company will look after and invest in their employees, I cannot agree with your maths.
Can you explain how you came up with $100K cost of a plot leaving if the replacement pilot pays for their type rating as well?

Yes of course. New pilot finishes type rating. Employer now pays for travel and accomodation to Europe for company conversion, again for the cyclic in 6 months, employee on full salary, uniform, etc. The company now is also repaying the type rating loan back. Next comes the inefficient utilisation of the asset whilst company ground courses are completed and these cost money and line training. Now the newish pilot leaves for Virgin or Qantas as they never intended to be loyal to the company as the company wasn't to them, and the cycle repeats. The issue now is this short minded inefficient business practice leaves big gaps between recruiting and training a new pilot and as these aircraft sit on the ground with noone to fly them, the company loses money and the customer. 100K was a ball park based on my 35 years plus in industry involved in these studies worldwide. Usually it costs the company more.
'Treat Your People Well, and They Will Run The Company For You'. Yes a quote from Branson and this is right on the money :ok:

TBM-Legend
14th May 2018, 21:05
(and now the two grounded, engineless, E-jets)

Could this be correct about Air North?

Also where are the experts who stated that JetGo, which is the thread, have aircraft parked sans engines??

t303
14th May 2018, 21:57

They have expensive ballast which, by spending $$$$$$$$, may be used as engines again. Continuing maintenance is expensive, but so is the alternative 😉

wishiwasupthere
14th May 2018, 22:57
Also where are the experts who stated that JetGo, which is the thread, have aircraft parked sans engines??

There's one parked up with Clive Palmers old jets at BN sans engines with the markings covered up. Right near the second jet which hasn't moved since it was delivered a month ago.

TBM-Legend
14th May 2018, 23:01
Not a good way to run an airline methinks!

t303
14th May 2018, 23:31
Not a good way to run an airline methinks!
How to explain it to the directors and shareholders.....🤔

Pavement
15th May 2018, 00:09
Repo is only taking the engines as the frames are worthless. Some parting out maybe. Lots of odd routes being flown (e.g Dubbo to Wollongong) to try and meet some form of schedule.

Horatio Leafblower
15th May 2018, 00:43
What was the name of that Truck driving school, Mav? :ouch:

TBM-Legend
15th May 2018, 01:51
How to explain it to the directors and shareholders.....��

...and your bank, aircraft leasing companies, engine power by the hour RR, customers, airports, fuel company, AirServices and the staff..!

pilotchute
15th May 2018, 08:10
Truckmaster!

LostProperty
16th May 2018, 02:59

Air North have five E170s registered - ANF, ANV, ANT, ANO and SWO. ANT has not flown since 23rd February but the other four have all flown in the last 24 hours so only ANT could possibly be sans engines. It could also be under repair somewhere although nearly three months does seem a long time to be out of service.

It's unclear to me if some people here are actually talking about JetGo, the subject of the thread, or Air North or somehow alleging that both airlines have financial difficulties.

RedwireBluewire
16th May 2018, 21:31

Next time someone is through YBCS, take a photo of the one outside Hawker Pacific. I'm not back there for a couple of weeks.
Also there's one in BNE, but I haven't seen that one personally.

TBM-Legend
16th May 2018, 21:58
On a couple of jets the lawyers are now involved!

Bend alot
18th May 2018, 23:05
. Now the newish pilot leaves for Virgin or Qantas as they never intended to be loyal to the company as the company wasn't to them, and the cycle repeats.

It would single % numbers of pilots that would not jump ship for Qantas or Virgin at 6 months or even under 24 months, if type rating was paid by a company. That's what got this experiment started - airline feeders not getting a return on an "investment".

Even with written agreements many pilots moved on to bigger and better within months of completing training - within weeks of passing the training CV's were updated to the airlines, so that seems no intent of compliance with the agreement in writing or not was ever intended.

Brakerider
18th May 2018, 23:17
It would single % numbers of pilots that would not jump ship for Qantas or Virgin at 6 months or even under 24 months, if type rating was paid by a company. That's what got this experiment started - airline feeders not getting a return on an "investment".

Even with written agreements many pilots moved on to bigger and better within months of completing training - within weeks of passing the training CV's were updated to the airlines, so that seems no intent of compliance with the agreement in writing or not.

This is 100% on the money. Pilots are their own worst enemy in this regard. The demise of "handshake agreements" because nobody honours them anymore. If everyone out there had a little bit more integrity then perhaps we wouldn't be subject to salary sacrificing ratings or being sent offshore without pay.

jetlikespeeds
19th May 2018, 02:00
One parked up minus engines in Cairns, one parked up minus engines in Brisbane and one parked up with engines in Brisbane over near 14/32 that hasn’t moved for weeks. Have seen all three today.

red_dirt
19th May 2018, 05:04
One parked up minus engines in Cairns, one parked up minus engines in Brisbane and one parked up with engines in Brisbane over near 14/32 that hasn’t moved for weeks. Have seen all three today.

ouch......

Bend alot
19th May 2018, 08:38
This is 100% on the money. Pilots are their own worst enemy in this regard. The demise of "handshake agreements" because nobody honours them anymore. If everyone out there had a little bit more integrity then perhaps we wouldn't be subject to salary sacrificing ratings or being sent offshore without pay.

A handshake and a look in the eye. Long Gone.

continueapproach737
21st May 2018, 02:53
another set back, first flight 6 august?

Ned Stark
21st May 2018, 04:06
Same old story with this mob.

Luggage
21st May 2018, 07:41

Is that the KTA E190 flight?

wheels_down
21st May 2018, 13:15
Can they even justify a sole E190? You have major carriers with large scale such as JetBlue and Virgin who have been very vocal about the Embrear, they are incredibly expensive to fix when broken, cost a lot to operate compared to the 737 or A319 and they have either dumped it or in the process of getting rid of it.

Engineering costs to fix one could potentially sink the entire company should one brakedown. This played a large part in Air Australia’s collapse. Small Fleet and extreme maintenance bills. The revenue just wasn’t there to pay for it all.

Icarus2001
23rd May 2018, 00:36
very vocal about the Embrear, they are incredibly expensive to fix when broken, cost a lot to operate compared to the 737 or A319 Have you got any links or evidence of this "very vocal" attitude to Embraer?
My information differs from yours markedly. Virgin decided to remove the Embraer not because of "brakedown" sic issues but because they wanted to reduce the number of aircraft types that they operate. The people I know that flew them said they were good aircraft to operate and pax liked them. In what way do they cost more to operate than a 737 or 319? Given less seats their costs may be higher per RSK but their capital cost is also half of the other types.
You mention two carriers "dumping" the type, so worldwide not really a significant number.
A one aircraft fleet is difficult to sustain admittedly but without seeing the business plan, who knows.

Goat Whisperer
23rd May 2018, 00:50
E190 capital costs are not half of 737, in fact they're quite close, per seat they are higher. Fewer lessors deal with regional aircraft, and that reduction in competition adds further to cost structures. Boeing and Airbus offer deep discounts with vastly higher production rates and economies of scale that EMB and Bombardier can only dream of (unless/until they fall under Boeing/Airbus umbrella).

The engine maintenance costs of the E-Jet series has often been publicly cited as a problem by Jetblue, VA and others. The E2 may be a serious weapon in the near future, sharing engine technology with the CSeries and A320neo.

Icarus2001
23rd May 2018, 01:07
Difficult to get accurate pricing and as you say no one pays list price due to discounting but I understand an E190 is around $48 million and. 737 around $90 million. True that the leasing pool is much smaller for regional jets but there are plenty of airlines adding Embraer's product to their fleet.
Ultimately it does not matter what your seat cost is so long as you can charge enough to cover it and if you have a monopoly route there is less pressure to discount. Whether there are enough to people who want to travel KTA SIN or BNE KTA is much more of an issue than the type of aircraft they plan to use I believe.

topend3
23rd May 2018, 02:20
agree with Icarus, JetGo have much bigger problems, like filling the aircraft. Noting Silkair are "trialling" 4 Broome flights from SIN, started yesterday and IF there is demand they might make it a regular service. Broome has at least something to market to get people in from Singapore. It's extremely difficult to see how JetGo will even half fill an E190 both ways just relying on KTA pax going on holidays or the business market.

30/30 Green Light
23rd May 2018, 04:00
Wind - up application to be heard before NSW Supreme Court 18/06/18. Source: ASIC

continueapproach737
23rd May 2018, 04:37
Wind - up application to be heard before NSW Supreme Court 18/06/18. Source: ASIC

Corporations Act 2001
Paragraph 465A(1)(c)
Regulation 5.4.01ANOTICE OF APPLICATION FOR WINDING UP ORDERCompany detailsCompany:Jetgo Australia Holdings Pty LtdACN:141 649 989An application for the winding up of Jetgo Australia Holdings Pty Ltd was commenced by the plaintiff Dubbo Regional Council on 15/05/2018 and will be heard as set out below.
Hearing detailsThe details of the hearing are:Court:SupremeDistrict/State:New South WalesPlace:Supreme Court of NSW
Law Courts Building
Queens Square, Sydney NSW 2000Date and time:09:00AM, 18 June 2018Action number:2018/00151904Copies of documents filed may be obtained from the plaintiff's address for service.

Plaintiff's detailsPlaintiff's address for service:Place:Matthews Folbigg Lawyers
Level 7, 10-14 Smith Street
Parramatta NSW 2150Telephone:(02) 9806 7490Facsimile:(02) 9689 3493Any person intending to appear at the hearing must file a notice of appearance in accordance with the rules, together with any affidavit on which the person intends to rely, and serve a copy of the notice and any affidavit on the plaintiff at the plaintiff's address for service at least 3 days before the date fixed for the hearing.

30/30 Green Light
23rd May 2018, 04:37
Deleted due double entry

TBM-Legend
23rd May 2018, 05:49
TW Airport won a judgement too...

Icarus2001
23rd May 2018, 06:49
Really? Seems a little premature. What is the name of the receiver?

TBM-Legend
23rd May 2018, 07:00
Jonathan McLeod

hiwaytohell
23rd May 2018, 08:15
With the risk of posting a few facts on PPRuNe:

1. There has been no receiver, or administrator appointed to Jetgo!

2. The "Application for winding up order" is a long way off any winding up. You will find it relates to an ongoing dispute regarding to passenger tax rebates that were offered by Dubbo Regional Council to get Jetgo to fly there originally, but subsequently reneged when a new mayor was elected following the Council merger". Jetgo is yet to have its day in court.

3. Tamworth stuck the boot in when Jetgo pulled out, but has been paid in full with all forward booked passengers BNE-TMW also fully refunded.

Both Tamworth and Dubbo take a "boots and all" approach to debt collection using Sydney based lawyers these days!

TBM-Legend
23rd May 2018, 10:23
Re TW/DU airports and JetGo, I guess the rate payers want to be paid what their owed just like Execujet perhaps..

markis10
23rd May 2018, 10:43
I note the last delivery has moved from the graveyard at BNE to the GA area.

longlegs
25th May 2018, 02:15
Illawarra Mercury

May 24 2018 - 6:00PMJetGo faces winding up order over unpaid debts to NSW councilA western NSW council has taken legal action against the Illawarra passenger flight operator, JetGo, lodging proceedings to start dissolving the company over an unpaid debt.
Shellharbour mayor Marianne Saliba says her council will be watching closely to monitor any ramifications for Illawarra flights, but JetGo’s managing director Paul Bredereck has insisted it’s business as usual.
Last week, according to the Australian Securities and Investments Commission, Dubbo Regional Council lodged a request to wind up the airline with the Supreme Court.Mr Bredereck said the legal action was over a long-running dispute over the calculation of passenger taxes for JetGo using Dubbo Regional Airport, with the council now asking the airline to pay up.
“It is unfortunate and highly unusual that Dubbo Regional Council has chosen to go down this path, and we would consider it to be ethically inappropriate,” he said.
Mr Bredereck said he believed his company would successfully fight the order in court next month, saying the council had previously agreed to “waive all passenger charges, landing fees and parking fees for the first year of the operation” and provide a discount in the second year.“In any case, the size of the debt is manageable if we were to lose, but we don’t believe we will lose,” he said.
“This has no implication for services in other area, including the Illawarra. Airlines have good times and tough times, it’s all part of the business cycle.
“We have a very good and effective line of communication with Shellharbour council.”
On hearing of Dubbo council’s court action, Cr Saliba said Shellharbour would be seeking assurances from JetGo about the future of its Wollongong to Melbourne and Brisbane services.“There is always cause for concern when we hear this sort of action being taken – because if Dubbo is successful the company would be wound up and would not be able to provide any of the flights they’ve committed to,” she said.
“There is a huge implication for us if ASIC winds up the company because this is our passenger service and there will be people in our city who have purchased tickets to travel.”
JetGo’s legal troubles aside, Cr Saliba said flights to Melbourne from Wollongong had proved extremely popular – with a 91 per cent patronage.
“Whatever happens with JetGo, we would want to see a passenger service continue at Albion Park,” she said.
After their public meeting on Tuesday night, Shellharbour councillors received a confidential briefing on the city’s regular passenger transport.
However Cr Saliba said she could not reveal what was said in this session.
Should Dubbo council’s winding up order progress any further, Cr Saliba said Illawarra residents should ensure their flights were purchased with a credit card which would allow them to obtain a refund in the event the company was dissolved.
The Mercury contacted Dubbo Regional Council for comment but was directed to their lawyer, who did not respond.

wishiwasupthere
25th May 2018, 06:40
From the council lawyers...

​​​​​​​“There is a debt due by Jetgo to Dubbo Regional Council and the Council has sought to recover that debt on behalf on the Dubbo Regional community. The outstanding debt being sought is currently $271,917.57.

“Council needs to act responsibly to recover amounts outstanding for ratepayers. Council has been actively communicating with Jetgo in respect of their arrears over 12 months in face to face meetings, phone meetings and through numerous correspondence.

“Council has gone to great lengths to try and work with Jetgo to manage their ever increasing debt owed to the community. This includes Council proposing a staged repayment plan for Jetgo to try helping the company get its arrears in order.

“Council organised a meeting with Jetgo in November 2017 in Brisbane to clearly outline Council’s concerns with the company’s increasing debt to the community. Unfortunately agreements made to address the outstanding debt have not been delivered on.

“Following months of ongoing direct negotiations with Jetgo, Council then issued a statutory demand in the first instance. Jetgo failed to comply with that statutory demand. With a clear responsibility to the community, Council has then taken this final step to lodge a winding up application in order to get a result for the community. The winding up proceedings are listed for 18 June 2018.

“Council’s support of Jetgo is clearly evident in the provision of 12 month fee free period that was provided for all Jetgo passengers fees for the Brisbane and Melbourne Route. This subsidy finished in July 2016 for the Brisbane route, and in October 2016 for the Melbourne route. There was no commitment from Council that any further subsidies would be provided. The 12 month subsidy provided to Jetgo was in line with what has been provided to other new airlines and in line with Council’s adopted revenue policy.

“Jetgo will only allow our community to travel their service if the passenger pays for the ticket before they fly. Councils arrangement with all airlines enabled them to pay after they have used Council facilities. Unfortunately Jetgo has not honoured such arrangements.

“Jetgo has expanded its services within Australia and overseas, whilst a substantial debt to the Dubbo Regional community has continually mounted. The Dubbo Dubbo Regional Council and community is not a bank for profit making organisations to take advantage of. Council takes very seriously the responsibility for seeking any funds owed to the community it serves.”

Nulli Secundus
25th May 2018, 07:55
Mr Bredereck said he believed his company would successfully fight the order in court next month, saying the council had previously agreed to “waive all passenger charges, landing fees and parking fees for the first year of the operation” and provide a discount in the second year.“In any case, the size of the debt is manageable if we were to lose, but we don’t believe we will lose,” he said.

Ah, the size of that debt may very well be manageable......... but if you lose, that means you are to be wound up. GAME OVER! The liquidator will be paying your manageable council debt. I've got to say these are hardly reassuring words from the MD obviously needing to maintain the confidence of the traveling public. Businesses dispute debts all the time. Arriving at a winding up application is really the end of the line. How did it get to this?

Ascend Charlie
25th May 2018, 09:37
Oh, Nulli, you must be creaming your jeans over this. 5 years you have been saying "It will never work...it will never work..."

topend3
25th May 2018, 11:06
And the council in Karrath is about to tip their money into this operation ! If it survives to the launch date which is now August.

Spotted Reptile
28th May 2018, 00:47
From what FlightRadar24 says, JetGo currently have two operating airframes: JGB and JGR. JTG seems to have disappeared from the scene, ZJG (last flight 18 Apr) and JZG (last flight 25 Mar) are in BNE, and ZJE (last flight 12 Mar) similar in CNS. A friend of mine flew from ABX to BNE yesterday on JGR, but the flight was 2 hours late and the flight time had been changed about 4 times. They cancelled their return leg in favour of QLINK. Demanded refund instead of voucher, and got after much argument. Wise decision.

TULSAMI
28th May 2018, 04:54
Anyone considering buying fares would want to be buying on a credit card less than 90 days out from departure, just saying

LostProperty
28th May 2018, 05:52
There should also be another E145 at BNE. It flew in as N16999 from the US on 13th April.

markis10
28th May 2018, 06:49
There should also be another E145 at BNE. It flew in as N16999 from the US on 13th April.

Should be coming onto the register as VH-JGK

https://www.flickr.com/photos/79487691@N07/41345184975/in/dateposted-public/

wishiwasupthere
28th May 2018, 07:52
'Critical shortage of cash'. :ouch:​​​​​​​

https://www.illawarramercury.com.au/story/5432524/what-jetgos-cash-shortage-means-for-the-illawarra-flight-operator/?cs=300

longlegs
28th May 2018, 08:22
Heard it all before. Cut your losses while you can.

Sydney Morning Herald
Message from Michael 'fooled failed airline staff'
By Andy Park
21 February 2012 — 3:00amHOURS before Air Australia was grounded last Friday, director Michael James urged staff to ''ignore speculation'' and told them it was ''business as usual''. In an email on Thursday headed ''A message from Michael'', Mr James told staff that like any airline in its infancy, it was managing costs and opportunities carefully. ''Please ensure that you and your colleagues understand that the only correct information regarding our company's performance or group strategic developments will come from me,'' Mr James wrote in the email, obtained by Fairfax Media. ''All other unattributed rumour is exactly that, distracting speculation raised by those without our best interests at heart.'' Staff have since accused Mr James of deception, saying he must have known about the airline's dire financial problems. Several insurance companies withdrew their cover of Air Australia passengers late last year. The airline was put into administration in the early hours of Friday after a fuel supplier in Phuket refused to extend it credit. The airline was subsequently grounded, leaving thousands of passengers and flight crew stranded. Staff have expressed their 'disgust' at the behaviour of the company which left them jobless, with no way home and no word from executives over the failure. One of 29 crew who say they were forced to illegally overstay their US crew visas in Hawaii when stranded there, said the airline's problems had been common knowledge. ''I worked for the company for 12 months and I knew the entire time that my employment was quite rocky,'' one said. ''Staff hold Michael James 100 per cent at fault, he has led everyone astray, including senior management. Many, from my understanding, had absolutely no idea what was to occur.'' Flight Attendants Association secretary Jo-Ann Davidson, said Mr James was deceptive about the future viability of work for his staff. ''There were financial problems as far back as his loss of the defence contract in 2010 and he was in talks with administrators while pretending it was business as usual,'' she said. Fairfax Media has not been able to contact Mr James despite extensive efforts. It is believed he is overseas. Meanwhile, Air Australia's entire fleet of leased aircraft will be returned to their owners within days, dousing hopes of resurrecting the carrier. But as administrators Korda Mentha try to untangle a web of companies linked to Air Australia, the competition regulator has declined to be drawn on concerns about a lack of protection for passengers when airlines go belly up. ''If someone is selling tickets when they may be about to go insolvent that is - as much as anything - an ASIC (Australian Securities and Investments Commission) issue. There is also the aviation regulator,'' the Australian Consumer and Competition Commission's chairman, Rod Sims, said yesterday. Lawyers specialising in travel have stressed most travel insurance policies do not cover consumers if an airline folds. About 4000 passengers were stranded by Air Australia's collapse, but the airline had sold about 100,000 tickets for flights that have not been taken. A long list of creditors including airports, caterers and refuellers will get an idea of their losses at the first creditors' meeting on February 29. With MATT O'SULLIVAN and LUCY BATTERSBY

Direct_Balls
28th May 2018, 10:33
They have a critical shortage of business acumen .... and history of belligerent behavior towards the award and employment rights within Australia.
So I am not at all surprised they think they can get away with not paying passenger taxes etc. etc. to a local council.

Here's 2 weeks notice,

DCT BALLS

Bend alot
28th May 2018, 10:36
Who invests in aviation companies with a "critical shortage of cash"?

If there is any benefit, let them fail and buy the golden crumbs (if any).

I think it is time to call it as it is - A fatal shortage of funds and JetGone!

The Lawyers are clearly in and the $270K in dispute is chicken feed in a jet RPT operation.

Nulli Secundus
28th May 2018, 11:28
I think The Investment Collective may not have been simply 'appointed'. Given the chairman's bio has him sitting in what looks to be an E135/ 145, my guess is they've got skin in the game and are now on the inside with the aim to protect their investment or their investors' investment. Maybe that will work. Maybe the investors want to be ready to move quickly if Jetgo's at or beyond financial pnr.

Forget the O/S ops!

dayzel87
28th May 2018, 12:15
If you look at page 10 of the PDS for the Capricorn Diversified Investment Fund, a managed fund run by the Investment Collective, it shows the Chairman boarding a JetGo aircraft..

Also you look at the group structure chart on page 19, a company called Regional Aircraft Leasing Pty Ltd sits under the managed fund and if you look the funds March 18 newsletter for the CDIF which is publically available, it states that they financed the balloon of one of the aircraft for 2mil and are leasing it to Jetgo for 60 months commencing August 17.

It can be inferred that the Investment Collective has a vested interest in the airline.

Nulli Secundus
28th May 2018, 12:58
The plot thickens!
Its highly probable, given a successful application by Dubbo Council to wind up Jetgo, that the assets could vest to a liquidator (notwithstanding the PPSR). The financiers may be on the inside in an attempt to get the show back on track, but given they may not be aviation experts, its just as likely its now all about asset protection and loss minimisation.

I do hope they insist on some changes in management and make a go of it. Good machines, great opportunities and a significant competitive advantage. Who in their right mind thinks just 4-5 airframes spread thinly across three states from virtually the top to the bottom of Australia is a smart plan for a successful airline.

Global Aviator
28th May 2018, 13:21
It’s a tough gig no matter what. I too hope they sort it out and fly on. They have been going sometime now. Agree in regards to the spreading it thin. Chasing the work? I still wonder how anyone competes with Alliance when it comes to charter, they have economy of scale for sure.

Airlines/ RPT always going to be a tough call unless it’s a perfect route. Remember the travelling public want LCC fares no matter what.... Obviously thy can’t have always.

Airnorth was mentioned somewhere here, captive market no competition and planes with no pilots? Not to mention talking about thin routes, you can’t tell me that Wellcamp RPT isn’t heavily subsidised.

As has been said the 135/145 a great cheap machine both capital cost and to operate. I do wonder when larger aircraft come when you can have a baby bus (318/319) operate for less with more seats.

Hopefully JG really do fly on!

Ned Stark
28th May 2018, 15:04
They have a critical shortage of business acumen .... and history of belligerent behavior towards the award and employment rights within Australia.
So I am not at all surprised they think they can get away with not paying passenger taxes etc. etc. to a local council.

Here's 2 weeks notice,

DCT BALLS
mate you nailed it!

TBM-Legend
29th May 2018, 01:36
you can’t tell me that Wellcamp RPT isn’t heavily subsidised.

...and you can't prove that they are heavily subsidised! Who is subsidising them? Not the Toowoomba Council.

Icarus2001
29th May 2018, 04:37
reciever appointed

So are you standing by that comment continueapproach 737?

LostProperty
29th May 2018, 05:41
...and you can't prove that they are heavily subsidised! Who is subsidising them? Not the Toowoomba Council.

Yeah I don't think that particular council would need to give subsidies because they only own the older Toowoomba City Airport which is strictly GA. But even if a council does subsidise an airline to provide services that's hardly a crime.

Only last week it came out in the ongoing defamation case Wagners v Jones that one of Jones' claims was that the Wagners had bribed Qantas, specifically Alan Joyce, to provide services to their new airport. Wagners denied that any subsidy or incentive was provided to Qantas. Put whatever spin you like on that but commercial incentives exist throughout business and commerce and would rarely fall within the scope of bribery.

In the case of any regional airport trying to attract an airline to service a particular route there would rarely be more than one operator even interested in the route. Who else apart from JetGo is interested in the proposed Karatha service or was interested in their Illawarra services? Who else apart from Air North was interested in Wellcamp/Melbourne? I don't think Qantas faced much, if any, competition to get Wellcamp/Sydney and Rex, the only other current operator there is flying government subsidised routes. If there are to be incentives, so be it because sadly that is part of the price of having regional air services.

Ned Stark
30th May 2018, 10:48
Not a glowing piece in the courier mail today. However the caricature of the CEO was hilarious.

LostProperty
31st May 2018, 04:14
Not a glowing piece in the courier mail today. However the caricature of the CEO was hilarious.

Here's the link. It's behind a paywall but if you have a sub to any of the other NewsCorp tabloids eg Herald Sun, Daily Tele, Advertiser, Mercury it should be accessible.

Category: | The Courier Mail (http://www.couriermail.com.au/business/brisbanebased-jetgo-hits-financial-turbulence/news-story/55158bde364b47118bedc1bff0e4f64e)

dodo whirlygig
31st May 2018, 05:00
Otherwise, can you copy and paste the article for those without access?

longlegs
31st May 2018, 05:11
Brisbane-based JetGo hits financial turbulence

Glen Norris, The Courier-Mail

May 29, 2018 8:55pm

Subscriber only

JET NO GO? WE hope the old joke that to make a million bucks from an airline you start with $10 million doesn’t apply to Brisbane regional carrier JETGO. Chief executive Jason Ryder sent an email to staff last week warning them the carrier was facing increasingly tough financial times. JETGO runs scheduled flights to Townsville, Rockhampton, Dubbo, Wagga Wagga and other regional centres. But it has been experiencing a crash crunch due to unexpected maintenance costs and a key Japanese private equity firm not proceeding with a planned investment. JETGO appointed corporate advisers The Investment Collective to run the ruler over the business with a view to presenting a proposal to a group of new investors. JETGO managing director airlines Paul Bredereck tells your diarist that times are challenging but there is a plan to move forward. He says the company has cut its Brisbane-Tamworth route, saving about $70,000 a month, while there are now reduced services on other routes including to the Gold Coast. JETGO, which operates a fleet of five Embraer regional airliners, employs about 105 people and last year flew about 100,000 passengers. Bredereck says the carrier’s point-to-point service is popular with parents wanting to send their unattended children to visit their grandparents in regional centres because there is no need to change planes in Sydney and other major centres. JETGO also has been popular with regional folk wanting to attend medical appointments in Brisbane. The carrier was founded in 2011 by Ryder and Aaron Mulder, both experienced pilots. City Beat spies tell us the carrier provides a pretty nice service at a reasonable cost so let’s hope the needed cash is forthcoming. Running an airline can be a brutal business.

longlegs
31st May 2018, 05:17
Accompanying Courier Mail Illustration of Jason Ryder by Brett Lethbridge.
The Archibald Prize beckons…..

Daddy Fantastic
31st May 2018, 05:59

WHats the verdict? You think they going to make it?

rammel
31st May 2018, 10:15
I think they will hang on as usual, but I wouldn't be buying a ticket on them tomorrow.

Bend alot
31st May 2018, 11:54
But it has been experiencing a crash crunch due to unexpected maintenance costs -

What unexpected costs other than invoices?

and a key Japanese private equity firm not proceeding with a planned investment -

investment is a key word!

JETGO appointed corporate advisers The Investment Collective to run the ruler over the business with a view to presenting a proposal to a group of new investors.

An interesting measurement of gaining investment.

JETGO managing director airlines Paul Bredereck tells your diarist that times are challenging but there is a plan to move forward. He says the company has cut its Brisbane-Tamworth route, saving about $70,000 a month, while there are now reduced services on other routes including to the Gold Coast.

Seems if all services are cut the most savings will be made.

JETGO, which operates a fleet of five Embraer regional airliners,

FACT CHECK required!

employs about 105 people and last year flew about 100,000 passengers.

employs 105 certainly not full time.

Bredereck says the carrier’s point-to-point service is popular with parents wanting to send their unattended children to visit their grandparents in regional centres because there is no need to change planes in Sydney and other major centres.

One hell of a mark plan sponsored by British paints!

JETGO also has been popular with regional folk wanting to attend medical appointments in Brisbane.

With stiff competition from the RFDS for free.

The carrier was founded in 2011 by Ryder and Aaron Mulder, both experienced pilots. City Beat spies tell us the carrier provides a pretty nice service at a reasonable cost so let’s hope the needed cash is forthcoming. Running an airline can be a brutal business.

Lets hope they do, but if not -

not leave others out of pocket - but that just a dream.

Direct_Balls
31st May 2018, 14:06
Sounds pretty ordinary so I thought i'd just leave this link here for employees in the event the proverbial hits the fan very shortly.

www.jobs.gov.au/fair-entitlements-guarantee-feg.

You will be able to claim: your unpaid wages—up to 13 weeks, your unpaid annual leave and long service leave, payment in lieu of notice—up to five weeks, redundancy pay—up to four weeks per full year of service.

Once appointed generally the insolvency firm will point you in the right direction once they've ensured they will be paid :*.

Let's hope everybody gets their fair suck of the sav

DCT BALLS

Brakerider
1st Jun 2018, 01:59
Freighters going onto the AOC ?? Welcome to Miami. SkyLease Cargo (http://www.skyleasecargo.com)

What's this all about?

dayzel87
1st Jun 2018, 02:00
is it just me or has the whole booking engine and all links related to it disappeared from the JETGO website. An old google cached link to it takes you straight to a 404 Page?

LostProperty
1st Jun 2018, 02:01
Otherwise, can you copy and paste the article for those without access?

That is a breach of copyright - posting a link is not.

wishiwasupthere
1st Jun 2018, 02:08
Voluntary administration, still conducting 'limited charter', but no more RPT. (Jetgo FB page).

Ned Stark
1st Jun 2018, 03:31
WHats the verdict? You think they going to make it?
Oh daddy, so… you think they’ll make it?

Ned Stark
1st Jun 2018, 03:51
Sounds pretty ordinary so I thought i'd just leave this link here for employees in the event the proverbial hits the fan very shortly.

www.jobs.gov.au/fair-entitlements-guarantee-feg.

You will be able to claim: your unpaid wages—up to 13 weeks, your unpaid annual leave and long service leave, payment in lieu of notice—up to five weeks, redundancy pay—up to four weeks per full year of service.

Once appointed generally the insolvency firm will point you in the right direction once they've ensured they will be paid :*.

Let's hope everybody gets their fair suck of the sav

DCT BALLS
more information for employees left in the dark
https://asic.gov.au/regulatory-resources/insolvency/insolvency-for-employees/voluntary-administration-a-guide-for-employees/

red_dirt
1st Jun 2018, 04:10
Isn’t this the second airline this mob have tried to run?

smiling monkey
1st Jun 2018, 04:14
I guess it's official if it's one their Facebook page. JetGo is gone.

https://www.facebook.com/JetgoAustralia/

dragon man
1st Jun 2018, 04:15
It has been a shambles for a long time, il bet there will be a lot of money owed all round.

LostProperty
1st Jun 2018, 04:32
I note that the JetGo Facebook statement confirms TBM-Legend's assertion in post #163 that one of the administrators is indeed a bloke called Jonathon McLeod. Well called.

I also notice that at the moment the JetGo website is little more than a home page.

Icarus2001
1st Jun 2018, 05:12
Yes but he was a little premature. No one paid for May I hear.
Sorry to hear, good luck guys,

Ascend Charlie
1st Jun 2018, 06:21
OK, Nulli Secundus and Ned Stark, two of the biggest nay-sayers:

Why don't the two of you put your obviously superior knowledge of the industry together, and take up the reins here? You would be able to make ALL the right decisions, use the right aircraft, and make fabulous marketing decisions, to ensure that NulliStark Airways was a raging success.

Or are you just a couple of blowhards who prefer to sit back and snipe at anybody who is having a go?

morno
1st Jun 2018, 06:35
JETGO also has been popular with regional folk wanting to attend medical appointments in Brisbane.

With stiff competition from the RFDS for free.

I’d just like to point out the inaccuracies here. RFDS does NOT provide people free transport for scheduled appointments, unless they are already in a QLD Health facility and unable to utilise public transportation for medical reasons. In which case these people are not going to be the ones who could even buy a Jetgo ticket in the first place.

morno

ivan ellerbai
1st Jun 2018, 06:41
How many pilots paid for their endorsement up front recently just to see it all evaporate before the job started?
And, that'll be the tip of the iceberg for the number of creditors owed $$$$'s

TBM-Legend
1st Jun 2018, 06:41
Isn’t this the second airline this mob have tried to run?

Try Tamair and Fitzroy Aviation...

Nulli Secundus
1st Jun 2018, 07:31
Why don't the two of you put your obviously superior knowledge of the industry together, and take up the reins here? You would be able to make ALL the right decisions, use the right aircraft, and make fabulous marketing decisions, to ensure that NulliStark Airways was a raging success.
Or are you just a couple of blowhards who prefer to sit back and snipe at anybody who is having a go?

Ned, I've got this.

My dear Assend,https://www.pprune.org/images/statusicon/user_online.gif https://www.pprune.org/images/buttons/quote.gif (https://www.pprune.org/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=10162089)

Nulli Secundus
1st Jun 2018, 07:33
Oops, my bad!

My dear Ascend,
Its over. Its time to move on. Now don't you cry now, cause if you cry I'll cry.

m-dot
1st Jun 2018, 09:35
Very sad to see any operator become insolvent.

Thank heavens we are in growth cycle and appears to be plenty of employment with major airlines.

Best wishes to those affected.

Dogzbody
1st Jun 2018, 10:50
Ned, I've got this.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

I may have just wet myself.

Ascend Charlie
1st Jun 2018, 10:58
Nulli, that comeback was just so........crap.

Keep on sniping, that's what you do best. Perhaps the only thing you do well.

Ned Stark
1st Jun 2018, 12:27

hahahahahaha. Sounds like a fabulous idea. You in Nulli?

Bend alot
2nd Jun 2018, 00:30
I wonder how many charter flights will happen?

It takes workers to run a charter also, and if they have not been paid last month as rumoured - Will they donate another month?

Other than every creditor in the chain of services required to run a charter company - We have CAsA that will be fully aware it takes buckets of money to keep aircraft regulatory compliant.

tail wheel
3rd Jun 2018, 00:02
Will they donate another month?

The Administrator/Liquidator must guarantee any debts he incurs, including wages. So, yes, they will be paid during the Voluntary Administration.

Icarus2001
3rd Jun 2018, 01:33
So if a business cannot pay wages for a month are they trading whilst insolvent? If so what penalty do the the directors face?

If they are wound up then the Fair Entitlements Guarantee scheme will pay out owed monies, leave etc but not super. What happens though if they trade out of administration, the FEG scheme does not kick in? So the company then has to pay the owed monies?

What a mess.

https://www.jobs.gov.au/fair-entitlements-guarantee-feg

Ned Stark
3rd Jun 2018, 02:32
The Administrator/Liquidator must guarantee any debts he incurs, including wages. So, yes, they will be paid during the Voluntary Administration.
The administrator/Liquidator will only guarantee wages from June 1st. Unfortunately they’re still owed for May

longlegs
3rd Jun 2018, 03:50
Jetgo Australia Holdings Pty Ltd registered the business name PETGO AUSTRALIA on the 6th February 2018.

red_dirt
3rd Jun 2018, 03:53
According to the City of Karratha Council Minutes, Jetgo had already been paid $847,000 up front

wishiwasupthere
3rd Jun 2018, 05:39
They weren't able to pay their staff for May, yet the CEO has the audacity to write this on the Dubbo Council FB page? Good riddance...

​​​​​​​Bullcrap. Jetgo tried their hardest to negotiate with the council right up until days before the administration. Michael McMahon and Ben Shields refused to even accept payments in advance for passengers that were scheduled to be transported and in addition an offer to pay the debt down in 12 months was also rejected with zero counter offers considered. their response to our offers were a flat "No" This can be confirmed by asking the Sydney based Lawyers they instructed (Yes Sydney based lawyers not even local lawyers) The disappointing result to this is that over 100 people that love Jetgo and rely on it for their families are out of a job tonight. This was also brought to the attention of the council to the mayor. The part that is the hardest to understand is that all the other airports were happy to work with us with payment arrangements except Dubbo. The rate payers need to ask why to this day even Rex have a beef with Dubbo Council to the extent that they have had a post on their website homepage for years now. Thanks Ben and Michael I hope you are happy with the result. We offered to pay, you refused to accept it

theozguru
3rd Jun 2018, 05:43
This looks to be a very messy situation, and like most start ups, majority of their equipment would be leased no doubt, so no physical assets. I doubt many people will be getting their money back.

cptyoumustlisten
3rd Jun 2018, 08:39
wishiwasupthere, ARSON also had the audacity, in the timeframe that this was planned, to allow pilots to spend 40-50k getting endorsed. From what i am told 6 haven't even been checked to line yet. ARSON also had the Audacity to allow numerous oceania personnel to leave their employment and start up ground services for JGO knowing that JGO would be requesting administration. ARSON have no place in business let alone aviation. J's comment to his employees "your covered by FEG" ....UTTERLY DISGRACEFUL

Bend alot
3rd Jun 2018, 10:15
wishiwasupthere, ARSON also had the audacity, in the timeframe that this was planned, to allow pilots to spend 40-50k getting endorsed. From what i am told 6 haven't even been checked to line yet. ARSON also had the Audacity to allow numerous oceania personnel to leave their employment and start up ground services for JGO knowing that JGO would be requesting administration. ARSON have no place in business let alone aviation. J's comment to his employees "your covered by FEG" ....UTTERLY DISGRACEFUL

Not that I condone any of Jetgo's activities but these pilots that have spent $40-$50K getting endorsed need to take a large % of the blame in the current market of options.

A new start up, very low number of aircraft and the type involved numbers in use and locations in region - makes for a high risk investment.

wombat watcher
3rd Jun 2018, 10:53
Didn’t this guy also go down with a company called Singleton Airways or the like?

Vref+5
3rd Jun 2018, 11:17
At least they had a crack, had a go. Trying to offer something different.

The biggest challenge in aviation in Australia is not the environment or the economics, but the number of people who go out of their way to cut down someone who is having a go

Traffic_Is_Er_Was
3rd Jun 2018, 11:21
Who went out of their way? All the people who bought the b/s and are now owed money?
The biggest challenge aviation in Australia faces is people who are fast and loose with the truth and cavalier attitudes to other people's money.

Icarus2001
3rd Jun 2018, 11:22
A new start up

Five years ago.

wheels_down
3rd Jun 2018, 11:30
The biggest challenge in aviation in Australia is not the environment or the economics, but the number of people who go out of their way to cut down someone who is having a go
Its the cash in the bank mate. Simple as that. They never had it. It’s why only one startup has made the distance in the last decade.

Tiger was esssntially skinned inside and out by critics. They survived continually because they had the cash sources.

What is low, is execs reassuring staff and media in the last month that everything is fine. Did they not see what happened to Michael James? He went into hiding because of his lies. No respect for these people.

CASA_Approval
3rd Jun 2018, 11:33

I think you're confusing "having a go" with "Reckless disregard for regulations, staff and clients ". Make no mistake about it, the only thing this mob were "having a go" at was anything but above board both legally and morally.

I know I speak for many who ARSON & co. have left in their wake over the years when I say good riddance.

Bend alot
3rd Jun 2018, 11:40
Five years ago.

Yep correct - not a new subsidiary but new to airline

5 years is new & have they been RPT that long?

havick
3rd Jun 2018, 13:10

At who’s expense?

LeadSled
3rd Jun 2018, 13:22
I guess it's official if it's one their Facebook page. JetGo is gone.

https://www.facebook.com/JetgoAustralia/

Folks,
All very sad, particularly those out of a job, and those who paid for endorsements, but who is actually surprised by the outcome.
Tootle pip!!

Ned Stark
3rd Jun 2018, 14:41

There’s nothing wrong with having a go and have Morailty whilst doing it. I hope everyone gets out, moves on and can get past this stain in their careers.

pilotchute
3rd Jun 2018, 21:09
Anyone with a bit of common sense will know that expansion without consolidation is a very high risk business model. Bunnings UK and Masters Australia are good recent examples.

​​​​​​Opening new stores or buying more planes before the ones you already have show a solid return is not a good idea.

No Idea Either
4th Jun 2018, 00:59
Wheels down,

Tiger survived because they they were sold to Virgin for one AUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Horatio Leafblower
4th Jun 2018, 10:11
Didn’t this guy also go down with a company called Singleton Airways or the like?

Ryder had Fitzroy Aviation, a charter and bank running outfit I remember in the early/mid 1990s with Navajos and Metros, big blue tail with a white F in it. Yes went tits up but don't recall the circumstances.

Paul Brederick had Tamair, based in Tamworth, which was a flying school and charter show up to Metro RPT. Was a big outfit but went broke in about 1996-1997 IIRC.

It'd be interesting to plot the failure of hitherto successful GA businesses against economic cycles and see if there is a pattern.

Advance Airlines
Cirrus Airlines, anyone?
Country Connection ex Cootamundra
Yanda (ex Singleton Air Services) - not broke but quit rather than go broke fighting the regulator
Airtex
Whyalla

Tamair had that major fatality in a Metro at TMW at night
Advance had the KingAir at SYD
Airtex had the Mojave
Whyalla had the MKK incident
Yanda & Country Connection got squeezed out by SYD pressures and Airlink only survived because the owner was such a hard smart bastard and went to B1900 at the right time.
Who was it at Lockhart River again?

....then there's the demise of all the AN affilliates, beyond their direct control somewhat.

continueapproach737
5th Jun 2018, 07:26
Does anybody know who or what this individual is? Claims to be taking on the world....as per channel nine news

PoppaJo
5th Jun 2018, 08:24
They lost me right about here....

the company was established by Commercial pilots

wishiwasupthere
5th Jun 2018, 08:28
And this.....

​​​​​​​We have had very positive conversations with the local councils and they proactivity support this.

dijical
5th Jun 2018, 10:12
Stratus Aviation will service Wollongong - Essendon within 30 days (http://stratusaviation.com.au/illawarra-airport-flights/)

Anyone know anything about these guys?

onehitwonder
5th Jun 2018, 10:33
One word - muppet

having spoken to council today, they know nothing.

broker on the GC claiming to be a gulfstream Captain (if either!)

the clip on nine news Illawarra was rather commicle at best

TBM-Legend
5th Jun 2018, 11:29
These Stratus people can work aviation miracles and get an RPT operation up and running from a standing start in 30 days. Must be an agent for ?????

Horatio Leafblower
5th Jun 2018, 11:58
I am led to believe they are working in partnership with an existing RPT operator. It's a bit like the arrangement that BigSky had with Transair, and that Westwing and Sharpies had with Roman whatsisname EN-MER.

zanzibar
5th Jun 2018, 12:05
"they proactivity support this" and "economical support" - 🤔
Other mistakes there too. Good grammar and punctuation are a sign of professionalism..
Too busy to get things written properly in the rush to get started?

wishiwasupthere
5th Jun 2018, 12:45
The guy from 'Status Aviation' talking about cheap fares, perfect OTP with easily accessible replacement planes, in 20-30 seater planes, kinda reminded me of someone......

https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--dkCM6PRk--/c_scale,f_auto,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800/iypunphgdsrej8s5xdvw.jpg

onehitwonder
5th Jun 2018, 13:00
Simon Waters

Director & Commercial Gulfstream Pilot

blob:https://www.pprune.org/5518efb8-414e-4d02-9f22-c1188e2e4dc4

Charter Number: 07 5636 1105 (tel:07%205636%201105)

Mobile: 0416 832 825 (tel:0416%20832%20825)

Email: [email protected]

Web: www.stratusaviation.com.au (http://www.stratusaviation.com.au/)

——————

His voicemail is rather entertaining

Ned Stark
5th Jun 2018, 22:20
https://www.bordermail.com.au/story/5447519/albury-council-confirms-its-owed-250k-by-jetgo/
ouch!

Dogzbody
5th Jun 2018, 22:28
What's another quarter mill? Standing by now to see CEO (chief excuse officer) defend and blame the council for this accrued debt on Facebook, where all good CEO's communicate.