PDA

View Full Version : JETGO Airlines to launch Brisbane-Karratha-Singapore services

Pages : 1 [2]

LostProperty
5th Jun 2018, 23:47
Perhaps this thread needs to be merged with the JetGo one above where there are a couple of recent posts about this gentleman.

hoss58
6th Jun 2018, 00:33
The website says Simon has 1200 hrs in a 14 year career. Doesn't fly very much does he ???

Torres
6th Jun 2018, 02:07
These Stratus people can work aviation miracles and get an RPT operation up and running from a standing start in 30 days.

Flight West Airlines established a company and obtained an AOC in May 1987 in seventeen (17) days!

Global Aviator
6th Jun 2018, 03:42
Flight West Airlines established a company and obtained an AOC in May 1987 in seventeen (17) days!

With CASA now something tells me this would be impossible! 10 years ago plausible...

Ahhh it’s ok just sell pax an orange and give them a free seat.

normanton
6th Jun 2018, 07:26
What's another quarter mill? Standing by now to see CEO (chief excuse officer) defend and blame the council for this accrued debt on Facebook, where all good CEO's communicate.
That was just so ridiculous it was funny. Looks like he has deleted it, so I will repost the text here for all to see.

Jason Ryder (JetGo CEO)
Bullcrap. Jetgo tried their hardest to negotiate with the council right up until the days before the administration. Michael McMahon and Ben Shields refused to even accept payments in advance for passengers that were scheduled to be transported and in addition an offer to pay the debt down in 12 months was also rejected with zero counter offers considered. their response to our offers were a flat "No" This can be confirmed by asking the Sydney based Lawyers they instructed (Yes Sydney based lawyers not even local lawyers) The disappointing result to this is that over 100 people that love Jetgo and rely on it for their families are out of a job tonight. This was also brought to the attention of the council to the mayor. The part that is the hardest to understand is that all the other airports were happy to work with us with payment arrangements except Dubbo. The rate payers needs to ask why to this day even Rex have a beef with Dubbo council to the extent that they have had a post on their website homepage for years now. Thanks Ben and Michael I hope you are happy with the result. We offered to pay, you refused to accept it

And before anyone asks, the spelling and punctuation is not me. Thats actually what the JetGo CEO posted on the Dubbo Council facebook page. Laughable really.

Dogzbody
6th Jun 2018, 07:33
Clive Palmer looks to be at it again, maybe JETGO will make a comeback in partnership with him. Their aircraft are sharing the same parking location at YBBN. Could two wrongs make a right?

cptyoumustlisten
6th Jun 2018, 08:26
Just to put this in perspective, for all those praising the JGO owners for "having a go" YOU are paying for their "GO". The first thing Jason said to his employees is "don't worry your covered by FEG" which means you as taxpayers are paying to "have a go". Dubbo council taxpayer money, you are paying to "have a go". Albury, Wagga, Illawarra, Karratha, YOU taxpayers I hope you enjoyed "Having a go". The ATO is owed a large sum of your and your kids money. I hope you enjoyed having a go!!

red_dirt
6th Jun 2018, 10:13
I find generally that if a never heard of company thats using generically googled photos and purports them to be “their aircraft” says one thing on their Facebook and the Mayor of a council says something different about the same topic its probably not going to work.

hammerofinjustice
6th Jun 2018, 10:16
Looks like he has deleted it

Looks like he is trying to delete his life...

RUMOUR: A message was sent to a staff members phone today from the CEO detailing his plans to fly out to China tonight. This was also confirmed by the CP. Some staff contacted AFP. Administrators called a staff meeting tomorrow and from what I've heard they've entered liquidation.

Nulli Secundus
6th Jun 2018, 10:46
The timing for some of the Jetgo flightcrew may be fortunate in so far as US Comutair is advertising via an Australian recruiter for Australian E145 pilots. They seem very keen to consider people with quite low experience. It may be a fishing exercise, it may be a door opening at just the right time.

What more can be said of the collapse? Such a wasted opportunity. I would hope the directors have the decency to fully repay any debts even if it means selling personal assets. After all, the creditors were never going to share in the profits, why should they be on the hook for the losses.

Ned Stark
6th Jun 2018, 11:48
Looks like he is trying to delete his life...

RUMOUR: A message was sent to a staff members phone today from the CEO detailing his plans to fly out to China tonight. This was also confirmed by the CP. Some staff contacted AFP. Administrators called a staff meeting tomorrow and from what I've heard they've entered liquidation.
what a Grub, Knowingly recruiting new pilots as this was impending. Rumour also has it that all Jetgo managers were paid double in May. The flight crew… nothing.

TBM-Legend
6th Jun 2018, 12:42
Jason was one of the pilots who did the E190 training I'm told and he left for Vietnam or the like today to ferry an aircraft somewhere....

Nero fiddles, while Rome burns!

Icarus2001
6th Jun 2018, 23:04
Well a trip to China for an Australian requires a visa, unless in transit, which takes about a week to obtain. Why would the AFP care if there is no warrant or travel ban in place? If there was a travel ban it would be picked up on departure by immigration. The Jetgo fleet is under the control of a an administrator so was JR reported to be ferrying someone else's aircraft?

Dogzbody
6th Jun 2018, 23:14
http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/o581/JETGORYDER/62032092-457F-4B96-9C7B-1F9738C62076_zps5taqpgrg.jpeg

cptyoumustlisten
6th Jun 2018, 23:31
Like the passing of Halleys Comet most people only see an event like this once in their lifetime. While most were sleepily brewing their morning coffee, the most significant even in Australian aviation since Dick Smith learnt to fly, JR left the country!!!!!! I always say the best place for a dangerous pilot is overseas. Y'all don't come back now!! @1400 beer O'clock boys.

Ned Stark
7th Jun 2018, 02:44
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.gmforum.com-vbulletin/316x421/1de01da0_bec2_4d9b_8db8_e2487e5d939c_627e56e241d16ce59510cc0 98155f87c96de72a9.jpeg
Accompanying Courier Mail Illustration of Jason Ryder by Brett Lethbridge.
The Archibald Prize beckons…..
not only the Archibald Prize, the bloke clearly predicted Ryder’s departure, fist pumping the sky, saying hẹn gặp lại. Going to play tennis for 6 months.

Dogzbody
7th Jun 2018, 03:25
It's funny, I would never have picked him as a tennis player in a (insert amount JETGO owe) years.

TBM-Legend
7th Jun 2018, 06:00
It seems that unfortunately the pink slips were handed out today. It's a shame that it came to this while the "Emperor with no clothes" struts the tennis courts of Saigon...

Icarus2001
7th Jun 2018, 08:59
So the rumour is a lovely job flying a Legacy in Vietnam trumps fronting up to your staff and telling them they are out of a job. How long does it take to arrange the job and visa? Does that pre date the company going into administration?

If a company cannot pay its wages for a month does that mean by definition that it is insolvent or is it more complex than that? If the company is insolvent but still trading then the director(s) would face large penalties would they not?

Best wishes to all the staff for the future. At least the market is buoyant at the moment.

TBM-Legend
7th Jun 2018, 09:28
At least the market is buoyant at the moment.

Not everyone at JetGo was a pilot my boy. They too have commitments and the need to find a new job. But alas I guess a pilot only thinks of oneself here...

Icarus2001
7th Jun 2018, 09:33
Thanks, I have not been called a boy, or patronised so well in a long time.

So dear chap, where did I include only pilots or exclude non pilots?

Square Bear
7th Jun 2018, 09:56
"Not everyone at JetGo was a pilot my boy. They too have commitments and the need to find a new job. But alas I guess a pilot only thinks of oneself here..."

Guess the fact that it is a Pilot BB might suggest why you may see it a little pilot centric....whilst my heart goes out to all who find themselves in this position (hey..been there and it sucks big time), but at the same time I bet none of the Admin etc have forked out some really big money for their jobs, unlike the some off the guys who paid serious coin for endorsements etc.

Polite way of saying you should be a little less patronising, and perhaps direct the anger where it is is due, or go and deal with it on another BB.

Just sick of people sticking it up pilots when none of the issues such as this is their fault...and other, sick of some peoples need to vent in what I reckon is on an inappropriate forum for that vent.

Just saying!!!!

onehitwonder
7th Jun 2018, 10:04
10 Captains, 10 F/O’s, 21 Flight Attendants, 8 Engineering, 40 + Admin (reservations, operations, data etc).... does that figure justify 6 airframes?

all out of jobs, haven’t been paid in two months and now no future...

Bend alot
7th Jun 2018, 10:24
"Not everyone at JetGo was a pilot my boy. They too have commitments and the need to find a new job. But alas I guess a pilot only thinks of oneself here..."

Guess the fact that it is a Pilot BB might suggest why you may see it a little pilot centric....whilst my heart goes out to all who find themselves in this position (hey..been there and it sucks big time), but at the same time I bet none of the Admin etc have forked out some really big money for their jobs, unlike the some off the guys who paid serious coin for endorsements etc.

Polite way of saying you should be a little less patronising, and perhaps direct the anger where it is is due, or go and deal with it on another BB.

Just sick of people sticking it up pilots when none of the issues such as this is their fault...and other, sick of some peoples need to vent in what I reckon is on an inappropriate forum for that vent.

Just saying!!!!

Lets also keep in mind now - pilots in senior company roles is often not a good out come.

There are many, many comments from pilots saying that pilots would make better management decisions in companies and should have more say.

This pilot now in Vietnam, is still a professional pilot. There are many such as a Captain Woods, but he sold the company to his partner on funny books and soon after it had no money.

TBM-Legend
7th Jun 2018, 10:29

My dear thin skinned man, firstly there is no anger just reality and many who are not pilots have big investments in obtaining their goals. My daughter spent nine years of hard study to achieve her doctorate [I paid her fees] and no salary until being selected for a University position that pays about the same a a large turbo-prop captain. Many pilots of course made big financial sacrifices others have leaned their craft through the military [no cost there] or scholarship and cadetships plus maybe 'daddy'...

Horatio Leafblower
7th Jun 2018, 11:43
If a company cannot pay its wages for a month does that mean by definition that it is insolvent or is it more complex than that?

Icarus, I am sure you are smarter than you pretend... but if a company cannot pay its debts as and when they fall due, it is trading insolvent.

Most GA companies are in this boat and paying their accounts 30-60 days late but at least we get our wages paid. My thoughts with the mates at JetGo, I know many of them have held concerns for a long time.

havick
7th Jun 2018, 18:52
The timing for some of the Jetgo flightcrew may be fortunate in so far as US Comutair is advertising via an Australian recruiter for Australian E145 pilots. They seem very keen to consider people with quite low experience. It may be a fishing exercise, it may be a door opening at just the right time.

What more can be said of the collapse? Such a wasted opportunity. I would hope the directors have the decency to fully repay any debts even if it means selling personal assets. After all, the creditors were never going to share in the profits, why should they be on the hook for the losses.

US regionals could care less what you’ve been flying so long as you meet the requirements for an FAA ATP and the visa requirements for an E3 visa.

skywest (us regional), commutair, Piedmont, transstates, expressjet are all desperate for pilots and will take E3 visa applicants. Personally I would go with the first three.

TBM-Legend
10th Jun 2018, 12:14
From the Illawarra Mercury:

During the period of administration the company has suspended regular public transport services, including flights from Illawarra Regional Airport.

“Council can confirm that JetGo owes $149,299 in outstanding passenger fees, which was expected income for Shellharbour council,” a council statement released on Friday said.

“It also owes $269,104 being the cost of mandatory security provided by council using contractors.

Only a bit over $400K on this one. Who have they been paying?

Ned Stark
10th Jun 2018, 14:07

The CEO of Jetgo.

Icarus2001
12th Jun 2018, 09:14
Even their administration is a mess. I saw on Facebook that the creditors meeting called for tomorrow at 10:00am at their premises will be convened and then adjourned and moved to a city office at 11:30am. Due to "an issue with their previous landlords".

normanton
12th Jun 2018, 09:22
They probably weren't paid either!

Seriously this CEO should be jailed.

Dogzbody
12th Jun 2018, 12:50
Can everyone please be nicer to the JETNO CEO. All the negative comments must be hurting his feelings and putting him off his tennis game.

The Banjo
12th Jun 2018, 13:15

I don't know how many pax they have moved to accrue a$400K bill but in a 30 seat jet-not a lot. The security parasites etc who see aviation as a gold mine are limiting the chances of any new operator establishing a viable business.
Let us condemn these fringe dwellers and not those who create our flying jobs.

Global Aviator
12th Jun 2018, 14:09
http://www.avdata.com.au/pdfs/airportChargeRates.pdf

Obviously airline rates different but there’s some idea for Avdata.

Yes it’s Australia, airports will get every dollar they can and regulations bump it up again.

What was that thread about an operator wanting to limit the MTOW to avoid? Ridiculous, why does common sense not prevail?

TBM-Legend
13th Jun 2018, 05:35
Only just north of $30M in the hole from today’s creditors meeting!

Nulli Secundus
13th Jun 2018, 06:09
OMG! Really? How does that happen? How do you get even just 1, 2, or 3 million down and think you're going to just trade out of such a nightmare. I imagine financial PNR occurred a long time ago.

normanton
13th Jun 2018, 06:16
I guess a e190 was going to solve all their problems.

Bend alot
13th Jun 2018, 07:18
OMG! Really? How does that happen? How do you get even just 1, 2, or 3 million down and think you're going to just trade out of such a nightmare. I imagine financial PNR occurred a long time ago.

$1,2 or 3 million down is very easy in aviation running a few jets RPT.

Your budget forecast is over a year or more and on starting routes it is common to have planned losses but turn to profit over time.

That $30 million will include some sorry investors not just lines of credit for services supplied including staff.

But again 1-3 million could just be a bad month on weather and pax bookings on RPT runs.

Traffic_Is_Er_Was
13th Jun 2018, 09:37
$1-3 million down is a very bad month when you start with $0.

longlegs
13th Jun 2018, 23:08
It's what I call the "insolvency paradox":
The appearance of expansion is maintained to attract investment despite the fact that the company is about to spectacularly go tits-up

​​​​​

Hats off to CASA_Approval AKA "THE ORACLE"!!!
The "insolvency paradox" shall live forever more, far, far beyond the airline and the three amigos that inspired it.

Forwhomthebelltolls
14th Jun 2018, 02:05
As an observer and private pilot (my creditor status awaiting confirmation) at the creditors meeting a question was asked as to the employment status of Mr. Bredereck. The administrator advised that he was only a consultant to JETGO. A person representing Passengers asked why he spoke in the media representing himself as General Manager Airline Operations to which the Administrator re-iterated that he was only a consultant and I believe the question went un answered. Curiously I overheard a staff meeting where some chap was trying to explain why a second administrator was asked to be present to represent staff. Given that Mr. Bredereck had passionately supported the current administrators and that he had bought them in and his "unknown position" within the company I tended to believe that replacing the current administrators was a very good idea. I was shocked to hear Mr Mulder address the staff also advising them to stay with the current administrators. Forgive me if I am wrong and I understand fully the attacks on Mr Ryder but was not Mr Mulder also a director of JETGO and Mr Bredereck pretending to be a Senior Manager within JETGO so why aren't these gentlemen also not held accountable for the current mess at JETGO.

Sitting around two pilots I believe I heard them talk about another Company (a leasing company) that Mr Bredereck and Mr Ryder were involved in that had not been mentioned. It was not lost on these gentlemen that Mr Bredereck had positioned himself with a Japanese investor. JETGO MKII with Mr Bredereck as CEO maybe. The affected Shire Councils will love that.

TBM-Legend
14th Jun 2018, 04:05
The current creditors report summary shows -$32M with a Japanese entity as a creditor to the tune of $8+M. Mr Brederick nearly $700K...

Nulli Secundus
14th Jun 2018, 08:02
The Fair Entitlements Guarantee Scheme is calling for submissions with regard disincentives for employers to misuse the scheme. Not saying that has occurred here, however some may feel they wish to comment. (First proposed by the federal government in October 2017. Why does it take so long to make amendments!)

https://treasury.gov.au/consultation/c2018-t297751/

TWOTBAGS
14th Jun 2018, 22:19
For those who hold an interest in the Jetgo creditor meeting

An ASIC search has shown that neither Bredereck nor Mulder are/were/ever have been directors of the company, confirmed by the administrator.

Support for the current administrators, were a resounding 2.5 : 1 in favor of keeping them and the pilot body could not even put forward a representative. Another result was never a probable outcome given the dollar value that other creditors hold.

The administrator is required by law to make their opinion in the DOCA as to where the financial culpability lies, end of story. Its then up to ASIC to form a case that has enough evidence to warrant investigation int the accountability of the Sole Director.

The only people who could remotely qualify to pass knowledge of what happened in the jetgo offices in the past 12 months are those that were there in person on a day to day basis, which factually are few and far between.

While it is a white hot market for pilots right now their are plenty of options for those at the pointy end, how about sparing a thought for their colleagues who worked tirelessly behind the scenes to make it work who find themselves in a position very much different. Ponder on those thoughts, and think of where your energies could be better directed.

Its all good to voice an anonymous opinion in this forum, and I support it. However its only helpful to ALL staff if it is correct.

I am happy to retract/revise anything i've written here if its not true, if you're after vengeance this is not the forum, take the venom elsewhere and wait in line for your turn like the rest of the creditors.

cptyoumustlisten
15th Jun 2018, 00:34
TWOTBAGS as seen in the sentiments of your post, you would like to stick it to the "pilot body". Yes there may have been a pilot that bought a potential substitute administrator, however that move wasn't supported by the majority of the"pilot body" as more then a few just want to forget that the three amigos ever existed. Since you bought up Mulder, Mulder in-fact called said pilot and said he(Mulder) wanted to get rid of the administrators and that he had another administrator in mind. Mulder didn't like that said pilot brought his own administrator and on the day made a gallant, typically hypocritical, speech rallying troops behind the current administrators. So TWOTBAGS maybe you should retract/revise...

ADSB
15th Jun 2018, 04:46
Especially when 'Twotbags' himself is the forementioned person who rallied for the current administration and made the 'galant' speech. In part a third responsible for the mess.

Ned Stark
16th Jun 2018, 03:56
Especially when 'Twotbags' himself is the forementioned person who rallied for the current administration and made the 'galant' speech. In part a third responsible for the mess.
yep all three knew what was going on.

TBM-Legend
18th Jun 2018, 02:06
I heard that there has been an "offer" from a consultant involving Yen...

Chocks Away
19th Jun 2018, 09:23
JZG is on the deck at Mascot sitting outside Execs / Universal.

LostProperty
20th Jun 2018, 01:09
JZG is on the deck at Mascot sitting outside Execs / Universal.

According to FlightAware it flew BNE - SYD on 25 March and has been there ever since. Must have been repoed or handed back in advance of the administration.

longlegs
20th Jun 2018, 06:03
Instrument number CASA EX79/17
I, ST JOHN GILES MORRIS, Acting Air Navigation, Airspace and AerodromesManager, a delegate of CASA, make this instrument under regulations 11.160 and 11.205 of the Civil Aviation Safety Regulations 1998.
[Signed S.J. Morrris]
St John Morris
Acting Air Navigation, Airspace and Aerodromes Manager
30 June 2017
Exemption — ADS-B requirements in Embraer ERJ-135LR aircraft (JetGo Australia)
1 Duration
This instrument:
(a) commences on 1 August 2017; and
(b) is repealed at the end of 31 March 2018.
2 Exemption
(1) JetGo Australia Holdings Pty Ltd, ARN 805527 (JetGo Australia), is exempt from paragraph 9B.10 of Civil Aviation Order 20.18 in relation to the operation under the I.F.R. of the Embraer ERJ-135LR aircraft serial number 145713, registered on the date of this instrument as VH-JZG (the aircraft), between the following location sets:
(a) Brisbane and Albury;
(b) Brisbane and Dubbo;
(c) Brisbane and Tamworth;
(d) Brisbane and Wagga Wagga;
(e) Essendon and Dubbo;
(f) Essendon and Port Macquarie;
(g) Townsville and Rockhampton and Gold Coast;
(h) any location and either Brisbane or Sydney for a maintenance positioning flight;
(i) any 2 locations mentioned in paragraphs (a) to (g) for the purpose of conducting a ferry flight.
(2) The exemption is subject to the conditions mentioned in section 3.
3 Conditions
(1) JetGo Australia must ensure that field 18 of the flight plan for the operation includes the phrase “RMK/ADSB EXEMPT”.
(2) JetGo Australia must ensure that the aircraft is operated at or below flight level 280.

TBM-Legend
20th Jun 2018, 09:11
I wonder how the rest of the fleet is? It's big $$$$ to upgrade if you don't have the right other nav gear.

Icarus2001
20th Jun 2018, 10:54
Does it really matter now?

TBM-Legend
20th Jun 2018, 11:06
Probably not unless some "white knight" rides in...

pinkpanther1
22nd Jun 2018, 02:25
VH-JGB just left BNE for SYD. Any ideas on what this could be for?

LostProperty
22nd Jun 2018, 02:31
VH-JGB was ferried from Townsville to Sydney this morning via Brisbane. It has been at TSV since the day before administration, 31st May. JGR appears to be still at TSV after completing what now seems to have been JetGo's final revenue flight from Osborne Mine on 5th June. These two were the only frames still operating when the show officially went belly-up.

Icarus2001
22nd Jun 2018, 02:42
So now they all accumulate parking debts and if it takes long enough no one current on type to move them.

Wizofoz
22nd Jun 2018, 05:59
What's the story with the Jetgo E-jet in Cairns minus engines?

LeadSled
22nd Jun 2018, 06:33
I wonder how the rest of the fleet is? It's big $$$$ to upgrade if you don't have the right other nav gear.
TBM-Legend,
That can't be correct, don't you remember CASA telling us how simple, easy and most importantly, cheap, to fit 1090ES ADS-B. And all the wonderful benefits that would flow like liquid dollars, against which the miniscule cost of modification was a mere trifle.
CASA wouldn't have possibly "mis-informed" the Minister, aircraft owners and operators, the public and Uncle Tom Cobley and all would they?? Perish the thought!!
Tootle pip!!

TBM-Legend
29th Jun 2018, 00:01
Get your JetGo souvenirs on line

Jetgo Aviation Support Equipment & Office Furniture (http://www.graysonline.com/sale/7020136/boats-marine-aircraft/jetgo-aviation-support-equipment-office-furniture?page=2)

Icarus2001
29th Jun 2018, 00:50
Last I heard was debts of over $36 million and three possible offences under the Corporations Act, nice work gents.

longlegs
29th Jun 2018, 02:18
Hats off to Dubbo Regional Council mayor Ben Shields and his council to calling time on these bandits through a winding up order lodged in the NSW Supreme Court on the 22nd May , despite the "I know better" Jetgo background information (http://www.smallbusinessrules.com/media-releases/jetgo-background-information) former Mayor Mathew Dickerson.

I wonder how big the bubble would have been if the stand hadn't been taken????????

Seriously how do the various creditors of Jetgo allow their accounts and trading terms to be in such disarray for so long?

Ned Stark
29th Jun 2018, 03:11
Last I heard was debts of over $36 million and three possible offences under the Corporations Act, nice work gents.

don’t forget over 2mil owed to employees. And No super paid since Jan.
Administrators reckon they’ve been trading insolvent since June 30 2016. I guess ASIC will be calling next.

Icarus2001
29th Jun 2018, 07:04
Well if ASIC do call it will be ISD.

holdingagain
30th Jun 2018, 06:12
Looks as though the defib ( used condition ) Lot number 118-7020136 didn’t work for them

Falling Leaf
30th Jun 2018, 06:47

Small change...I seem to recall both SkyAirWorld and Strategic having debts in the high 80's, so a 50 mil improvement one could say.

TBM-Legend
2nd Jul 2018, 04:09
No DOCA offers received I believe....so thats that!

TBM-Legend
5th Jul 2018, 12:18
JetGo forced to liquidate as Dubbo council wins Supreme Court case over unpaid debts - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation) (http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-07-05/jetgo-forced-liquidate-dubbo-council-wins-supreme-court-case/9945502)

Looks like PB has spat the dummy blaming the administrators now and the Dubbo Council and I guess anyone else who'll listen...you reap what you sow!

Global Aviator
5th Jul 2018, 12:36
So they force a winding up... are they a secured creditor? If not good luck!

Oh and who will the winner be? The liquidator of course, don’t care who they are they suck every last cent and then maybe go the directors, looking at years of litigation.

Game over yes JetGone but Mr liquidator piles a ****e load in as they don’t work for free!

Ok so I may not like liquidators... look at that blue word....

LostProperty
6th Jul 2018, 02:02
JetGo seems to have been a house of cards, financially unstable for most of its life and probably the action of one airport owner makes little difference to a final outcome that will see everyone except the corporate undertakers (with no skin in the game) lose their dough.
As an aside, an amusing yarn from the Ilawarra paper:

https://www.illawarramercury.com.au/story/5506054/the-story-of-the-local-bus-that-outlasted-jetgo/

cee cee
6th Jul 2018, 13:56
An ASIC search has shown that neither Bredereck nor Mulder are/were/ever have been directors of the company, confirmed by the administrator.

Then perhaps you can explain why Jetgo's own news page (https://jetgo.com/cessation-jet-services-tamworth-brisbane/)says

JETGO Australia’s Managing Director Airlines Paul Bredereck advised “Despite an obvious small core demand for the jet service, unfortunately the traffic demand and high costs cannot support two carriers on this route, therefore JETGO has made the commercial decision to redeploy its aircraft onto other routes.”

Mr Bredereck's own LinkedIn profile (https://au.linkedin.com/in/paul-bredereck-591a7239) says that he is the Managing Director Airline Operations of JETGO Australia from 2012 to 2018.
So did Mr Bredereck misrepresent himself to JetGo or to ASIC?

The administrator is required by law to make their opinion in the DOCA as to where the financial culpability lies, end of story. Its then up to ASIC to form a case that has enough evidence to warrant investigation int the accountability of the Sole Director.

The only people who could remotely qualify to pass knowledge of what happened in the jetgo offices in the past 12 months are those that were there in person on a day to day basis, which factually are few and far between.

The defintion of a managing director (https://www.globalnegotiator.com/international-trade/dictionary/managing-director/)is someone who is responsible for the daily operations of a company, organization, or corporate division.

By what definition is Mr Bredereck not privy to the day-to-day operations of the company?

I am happy to retract/revise anything i've written here if its not true, .
I look forward to hearing your explaination.

Ned Stark
7th Jul 2018, 01:11
Then perhaps you can explain why Jetgo's own news page (https://jetgo.com/cessation-jet-services-tamworth-brisbane/)says

JETGO Australia’s Managing Director Airlines Paul Bredereck advised “Despite an obvious small core demand for the jet service, unfortunately the traffic demand and high costs cannot support two carriers on this route, therefore JETGO has made the commercial decision to redeploy its aircraft onto other routes.”

Mr Bredereck's own LinkedIn profile (https://au.linkedin.com/in/paul-bredereck-591a7239) says that he is the Managing Director Airline Operations of JETGO Australia from 2012 to 2018.
So did Mr Bredereck misrepresent himself to JetGo or to ASIC?

The defintion of a managing director (https://www.globalnegotiator.com/international-trade/dictionary/managing-director/)is someone who is responsible for the daily operations of a company, organization, or corporate division.

By what definition is Mr Bredereck not privy to the day-to-day operations of the company?

I look forward to hearing your explaination.
hahahahahaha good luck.
These guys have, and are always quick on the shadow games and smoke and mirrors explanations. Always pretty quick to blame others for their shortcomings.

topend3
21st Jul 2018, 02:01
Apparently the City of Karratha is owed $850,000. But they did numerous risk assessments of their viability apparently, according to the Mayor, which he needs to say given $850k of ratepayers money just went down the toilet.

dijical
21st Jul 2018, 14:39
It looks like Fly Corporate are going to step into the hole left by JETGO in Wollongong, having already done so in Dubbo.
How many SAABs have these guys got? I'd have thought they'd be starting to get stretched given the fairly rapid growth in their network.

Wollongong, Australia, seeks JetGo replacement (https://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/news/69183-wollongong-australia-seeks-jetgo-replacement)

Going Nowhere
21st Jul 2018, 21:41
They have a handful of Metros that could probably be subbed in on some of their other flights.

onehitwonder
24th Jul 2018, 22:53
https://www.illawarramercury.com.au/story/5545339/jetgo-saga-new-illawarra-flight-tenders-rejected-by-shellharbour-council/

red_dirt
25th Jul 2018, 01:44
Poor Stratus 😂😂

onehitwonder
25th Jul 2018, 03:40
Stratus - According to his Facebook it’s a technical point on the rejection and they’re now starting an airline...

what aircraft?
what crew?

i guess the negotiations / partnering with other operators fell through and the broker has seen a market to good to knock back...🤨

come on if Corporate couldn’t do it; you surely can’t😂

hiwaytohell
26th Jul 2018, 04:05
SAAB, Metro, Jetstream would be second segment limited out of Albion Park on all runways except 08 and that would be payload limited due length. Maybe you could get away with it on charter but not RPT!

onehitwonder
26th Jul 2018, 09:27
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.gmforum.com-vbulletin/1120x2000/3775f567_8fe1_43f7_ab20_964ed5ac2d73_43258481d48262941fe1cc6 c0c05d2feb757c440.png
Stratus - already has aircraft and crew and obviously an RPT licence to be selling seats. Casa must have changed within the past 18 months issuing aoc’s 🤔🤔

Daddy Fantastic
24th Dec 2018, 09:52
Jetgo advertising for pilots again...WTF!!

sharv999
26th Dec 2018, 09:35
This would be the same JETGO whose Brisbane-Wollongong-Essendon RTP service went belly-up earlier this year?

Daddy Fantastic
26th Dec 2018, 15:26
Apparently so.

Bort Simpson
27th Dec 2018, 00:47
Who's behind this latest version?
There are still ASIC moves going on and it'd be interesting if some of the same defunct string pullers are trying to lose more peoples money for them again.
...not to mention the safety questions still outstanding. :(

chimbu warrior
27th Dec 2018, 03:26
Interestingly the AOC still appears to be current on the CASA website.

Horatio Leafblower
27th Dec 2018, 09:17
Chimbu
There are a ton of defunct companies in that listing. As usual, CASA with infinite resources unable to deliver the performance it demands of industry.

onehitwonder
27th Feb 2019, 02:02
https://compassjet.com/fleet/

Seem's quite a few ex Jetgo employees......

Icarus2001
27th Feb 2019, 02:15
Any charges to be laid?

Power
27th Feb 2019, 03:17
VIP CRJ 200...lol

4 Holer
27th Feb 2019, 03:41
Have another crack at it......Thats the American way same reason there is only one flag on the moon. BUT watch your backs for the Aussies, they only knife from behind.

zanthrus
27th Feb 2019, 08:30
Six US flags on the moon. Apollo 11, 12, 14, 15, 16, 17.

zanthrus
27th Feb 2019, 08:33
I am wondering why they named this new venture after two previous failed airlines? Foretelling the future of yet another pyramid scheme?

Traffic_Is_Er_Was
27th Feb 2019, 08:39
you'll find there's a Chinese flag on the moon too these days.
I'm sorry. I must have missed that memo. When did the Chinese put men on the moon?

TBM-Legend
27th Feb 2019, 09:31
I am wondering why they named this new venture after two previous failed airlines? Foretelling the future of yet another pyramid scheme?

Try Googling these guys and looking for the CRJ's. Anyway PB heard at Avalon today extolling his plan for some ERJ135/140's for another go!!!!

Icarus2001
27th Feb 2019, 09:56
When will charges be laid for insolvent trading? The government agencies are so weak.

Traffic_Is_Er_Was
28th Feb 2019, 00:53
When you took the conversation literally, rather than figuratively.

(PS there's 5 countries flags on the moon)

Icarus2001
28th Feb 2019, 01:33
Perhaps the "management" of Jetgo could be placed there as well?

sumtingwong
28th Feb 2019, 05:18
:D You’re an ideas man Icarus.

4 Holer
28th Feb 2019, 15:00
Ladies, The only people to walk on the moon and plant a flag is good old USA over 40 years ago the same dudes that built the airplane and B707/B747....... Even Branson built his space craft rockets here in Mojave on an FAA "Experimental operating certificate" crashed one killed a guy and kept going.Try that with the Idiots at CASA.

I hear the Australian Space agency is still doing an SMS risk analysis (after 40 years) about going to the moon but there seems to be systemic risk in the matrix of something going wrong. This is why Australia will always be a backwater getting nothing done except back stabbing and more and more rules and restrictions. You don't have Chuck and Larry who will jump in any airplane or rocket and have a go, your too busy wringing your hands "what if ".
Have another go JetGo and another one after that with different equipment its how you become great.................. But Watch your back down under.

Mach E Avelli
28th Feb 2019, 23:40
I must be thick, but I fail to see how a thread can drift from a discussion about a defunct airline and its inept management to men on the moon.
Unless the analogy is that Jetgo Mark 2 has about the same chances as Somalia putting a woman on the moon.

Defenestrator
1st Mar 2019, 22:23
I must be thick, but I fail to see how a thread can drift from a discussion about a defunct airline and its inept management to men on the moon.
Unless the analogy is that Jetgo Mark 2 has about the same chances as Somalia putting a woman on the moon.

If I had to choose I’d throw a few dollars on Somalia’s space program. There’s a chance, although slim, that someone might have a modicum of integrity/intellect on that project.

rammel
2nd Mar 2019, 11:32
I have no idea what PB is planning, but Jetgo's AOC expires on the 31/05/2019 and there are still four Jetgo aircraft on the Australian register.

TBM-Legend
2nd Mar 2019, 11:46
The AOC can't be sold. One must buy the company any liabilities to obtain the AOC..

Icarus2001
2nd Mar 2019, 11:59
That would be upwards of $35 million for the AOC then. What a deal.

Traffic_Is_Er_Was
3rd Mar 2019, 03:17
O come on, Traffic - are you seriously suggesting that we're supposed to figuratively interpret what people mean instead of what they actually write
No, not we, just you. Everyone else got the inference I reckon.
In any case, your mentioning of there being 5 flags on the moon actually supports my initial comment
I wouldn't have mentioned the flags at all. I only did to correct your statement. If you are going to tell someone to "pull their jingoistic head out of their arse", at least get your facts straight.

Traffic_Is_Er_Was
5th Mar 2019, 11:07
I'm pretty happy with my position in the discussion.

Icarus2001
4th May 2020, 06:44
So with VA in administration, whatever happened after the administrators finished with this mob?

Paragraph377
4th May 2020, 06:50
So with VA in administration, whatever happened after the administrators finished with this mob?
Paul still lurks around the pages off PPrune and he now offers his services as a ‘senior business adviser’. HTF that works is anyone’s guess. Perhaps he advises people on how to be unsuccessful in business? Maybe he will pop up with Teejay and start yet another airline!

Office Update
7th May 2020, 01:12
JetGo EMB145 was taxying at Cairns a few minutes ago.
So someone is interested .... or maybe just preventative maintenance.