PDA

View Full Version : Can Somebody Identify My Missing Document?

PhotoBoy
1st Dec 2017, 18:18
I was looking through my PPL documents wallet last week and it looks like I've lost one of the paper licences. I don't know which document it is and the only reason I know I've lost it is because of the imprint it left in the wallet. I've attached a couple of photographs of the plastic sleeve with the imprint. Can someone please identify the document and tell me if I need this or if it's something unimportant?

Talkdownman
1st Dec 2017, 19:50
There are two 'tick boxes' at the top and seven boxes in a row most likely for entry for the CAA licence seven character reference number. My money's on a 'blank folded CAA application form' for something or other.

I don't think it was a fifty-pound note...

Phororhacos
1st Dec 2017, 20:06
could it be the old card change of address notification they included with each licence?

PhotoBoy
4th Dec 2017, 18:16
There are two 'tick boxes' at the top and seven boxes in a row most likely for entry for the CAA licence seven character reference number. My money's on a 'blank folded CAA application form' for something or other.

I don't think it was a fifty-pound note...

Nice answer, made me laugh. If it was a blank form, I'm presuming I sent it off and no longer need it or one like it.

PhotoBoy
4th Dec 2017, 18:26
could it be the old card change of address notification they included with each licence?

Interesting! Definitely could be! I changed address one year after getting my licence and then again another three years after that. That's enough time for at least one of them to imprint itself. Did they only supply one card or replace them each time? If I only got one, it didn't have as long to imprint. If they replace them, I should still have one. Do they just not even give one with new licences?