PDA

View Full Version : CPL flight test with no transponder?

RooDog
27th Nov 2017, 21:24
Can you do the CASA CPL flight test in an aircraft with no transponder fitted? In WA many of the flying schools are far away from controlled airspace, so I'm guessing it is possible....

Whopity
29th Nov 2017, 17:40
Do you not have an Operations Manual that tells you what you must have for a simnulated Commercial Flight? The primary function of a CPL skill test is to demonstrate that you can operate a passenger carrying commercial flight.

captainsmiffy
30th Nov 2017, 08:48
Whopity, clearly you work for the CAA....�� wouldnt it have been easier to have answered the question directly instead of your subtly ‘implied’ answer hidden within your irritation?!

Whopity
30th Nov 2017, 09:00
captainsmiffy
As I have no idea what the Australian requirements are, I cannot answer directly however; one might reasonably expect there to be a document that will provide the answer and that a candidate for a CPL or their instructor should know where to find it. Presumably a candidate in WA seeks to travel further than the local area.

captainsmiffy
30th Nov 2017, 09:18
True, but it sounded like you knew the answer without actually saying so directly...!!

captainsmiffy
30th Nov 2017, 09:30
Apologies if I offended you sir.....

JabiruFoxbat
6th Dec 2017, 08:32
Absolutely yes. It just means you can't go into class C airspace. You are aware of the airspace limitations imposed by having the various types of transponder, yes?