PDA

View Full Version : Lyc 0-360 Power Settings Matrix

piperboy84
23rd Nov 2017, 19:27
Does anybody have a power settings sheet that they could email me for a bog standard 180hp naturally aspirated O-360, I've lost mine. I know the Power/Manifold/HP/Fuel flow graphs are in the Lycoming manual but it's a lot of work to take that and make a spreadsheet/matrix out of the multitude of different RPM/MAP setting options and the associated fuel burn.

Would be greatly appreciated.

Pilot DAR
23rd Nov 2017, 21:18
I have the engine manual for that engine, I can scan the graph to you if you like. I suggest that if your airframe manufacturer does not provide one, you refer to the airframe manual for a Cessna Cardinal, of Grumman/American Tiger. You'll find a greater operating range than Lycoming suggests, and the airframe power information prevails of the Lycoming manual.

I operate my O-360 over square, with reference to the Cessna Cardinal manual, because of the prop I have installed.

smarthawke
23rd Nov 2017, 21:52
The nice people at Lycoming publish all their Operator's Manuals online now:

https://www.lycoming.com/contact/knowledge-base/publications?field_category_tid=60&=Apply

(I know the OP didn't want just the graphs from the manual, but it might be of use to someone)