PDA

View Full Version : Airbus T/O & LDG memo with blue items

Check Airman
16th Nov 2017, 05:52
Hi all,

I was recently in the jumpseat of an Airbus operator where as SOP, there's an open item (passenger signs) on the takeoff and landing memos. It's my understanding that design philosophy is blue on the ECAM means attention is required.

1. Do any other airlines currently employ this practice?

2. Has this policy been used before and since reversed, and why?

vilas
16th Nov 2017, 06:08
What was that item?

pineteam
16th Nov 2017, 06:25
I would guess the item was “ cabin crew”. Only the fairly new Bus are equipped. We don’t have a written procedure about it. Normally the CFA would have to press a button in the Flight Attendant Panel when they are ready and it will remove the blue item. But sometimes they forgot or during a long taxi the item will come blue again if the button has been pushed more than 7 min ( not sure exactly how many minutes). In any case, you can disregard it assuming you have checked the cabin report before take off or landing. No caution/warning will be triggered in any case.

Check Airman
16th Nov 2017, 06:26
Apologies. The post has been edited.

Denti
16th Nov 2017, 14:12
Nah, the cabin crew line has been there even on below MSN 1000 buses, however, it is or was an option, so not every airline ordered it.

Never happened to me, although it was installed on nearly all of ours. However, a simple call to the cabin manager would solve that, wouldnt it? Simply confirm it one more time that the cabin is secure. On landing that shouldn't be a problem as the button on the FAP becomes active only very late, i believe at RA alive or around that time on a standard ILS.

pineteam
16th Nov 2017, 15:11
Oh ok thanks. I did not know it was optional since all our old buddies are not equipped but all the new ones are; I assume it was a new feature.
In our SOP, it’s mandatory to check the cabin by using the interphone system even if they have pressed the “cabin ready” push button. So the memo on the Efis is kinda disregarded. I remember some captains insist of calling the cabin crew via interphone when the memo turned blue again even after the cabin report has been checked and we can see they are all strapped in their seat...I can’t be bother... We often do more than 30 min taxi so the memo always come back eventually. I would undestand if we were relying on it to confirm if the cabin is ready but it’s not the case in our company since half the fleet is not equipped. So we just say during the checklist: “ One blue, disregard”

FlightDetent
18th Nov 2017, 20:10
Mixed fleet operator here, and cabin-cockpit crew procedures based on interphone only.

TO/LDG memo? ...... "TO/LDG - one blue, cabin secure" Other colleagues sometimes think that's too formal, and just go "TO/LDG - no blue", obliviating the CABIN .... READY signage.

No issues, as the item itself is not monitored for high level ECAM alerts.

Uplinker
19th Nov 2017, 07:27
Blue items need actioning. Sometimes as PM when tired or distracted, I/we occasionally forgot to arm the spoilers, and this was picked up by the landing memo.

However, the ‘Cabin' line was disregarded by us because it was not universally fitted across the fleet so our SOPs were for a vocal confirmation.

slam dunk 4
29th Jun 2022, 14:15
Hey all,
do you by chance know when the cabin ready button comes active during landing on the FAP? I was ask by the purser and I couldn‘t find the exact value….

many thx