PDA

View Full Version : Flight deck visits

Speedbird777
18th Jul 2002, 02:55
I'm about to set off on a round-the-world holiday with various airlines such as SAS, Thai Airways, Singapore Airlines, Air New Zealand and United. I was wondering if anyone knows if any of these airlines are still allowing flight deck visits? I noticed that photos are still being published from jump-seaters on airliners.net so I have my fingers crossed.

ETOPS773
18th Jul 2002, 08:58
Yeah,probably.I got a nice picture taken a few weeks back on a BAW A319, pilots said most airlines haven`t got a problem as long as you ask during flight,then when the plane has landed and all shut down,you may visit the flight deck.

Ask the chief cabin crew person.

gofer
18th Jul 2002, 13:59
Forget all US airlines - unless you are crew and in the crew room before departure - and even then .... only if you have mutual personal friends.

Being crew and/or a personal friend of somebody driving is now probably the only way left, with most of the other airlines that are not so 100% strict.

Good luck - you can but ask - somebody somewhere will say yes oneday.

spudskier
18th Jul 2002, 18:45
I'm also taking a trip in august and thought , hey, what if I ask during the flight if afterwards when everything is shut down if I could go up front and chat with the pilots, but then I wondered how much this would freak out not only the flt attendant, but also the passengers near me...

Cleared_to
18th Jul 2002, 20:28
Anyone have any idea on what Air Canada's policy is? I got a ride into YEG and YYZ last year pre 9/11, if the crew are the same do you think I could get in?